Recommended Posts

DAG    2,625

Our favorite son Nick Marshall has been suspended for the first four games of the NFL season r/t Peformance enhancement drugs. I am going to give him the benefit of a doubt and take his word that it was an accident. Got to be smarter though.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19159552/new-york-jets-cornerback-nick-marshall-banned-four-games-violating-league-ped-policy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




AUBwins    511

Being a guy that is trying to secure playing time, this hurts. Then again, if he was already a bench player than maybe not as big a deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194

I totally and wholeheartedly am ok with this. He is a fringe NFL Roster guy so try to gain every possible advantage you can to try and gain a edge to be a better player who sticks in the league. Do not blame him one bit. He is not a star player he had nothing to lose by this. He was probaly going to be cut before the season anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randman5000    482
2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I totally and wholeheartedly am ok with this. He is a fringe NFL Roster guy so try to gain every possible advantage you can to try and gain a edge to be a better player who sticks in the league. Do not blame him one bit. He is not a star player he had nothing to lose by this. He was probaly going to be cut before the season anyways.

Isn't Aderall on their list of PEDs? Could just getting into pills maybe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194
2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Isn't Aderall on their list of PEDs? Could just getting into pills maybe. 

I believe so. I remember someone actually getting suspended for that awhile ago actually. good find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,552
3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I totally and wholeheartedly am ok with this. He is a fringe NFL Roster guy so try to gain every possible advantage you can to try and gain a edge to be a better player who sticks in the league. Do not blame him one bit. He is not a star player he had nothing to lose by this. He was probaly going to be cut before the season anyways.

So, it's ok to cheat if that helps you land a job? You can be ok with this, I'm not.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194
17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, it's ok to cheat if that helps you land a job? You can be ok with this, I'm not.

I am totally ok with using HG, PEDs, steroids or whatever in baseball, basketball or football. Just makes for a better product. I want the best of the best AT their best. And to answer your question.... YES! No shame in admitting that for me. I know a lot of people will disagree but o well! They usually do anyways! haha. WOOOOO!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
passthebiscuits    1,000

Was told from source that it was to try to bulk up. Tifwiw. Still, can't imagine what it's like to have your very livelihood on making a job and taking a ped may help...not saying it's right, just saying it ain't that easy to make that decision. Would hope that this helps develop NMs character and he uses the lesson for good.

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,552
5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Was told from source that it was to try to bulk up. Tifwiw. Still, can't imagine what it's like to have your very livelihood on making a job and taking a ped may help...not saying it's right, just saying it ain't that easy to make that decision. Would hope that this helps develop NMs character and he uses the lesson for good.

He was supposed to use the lesson for character development when he got caught with weed in his possession back at Auburn. I'm not sympathetic. What's the future in football look like for someone that has to cheat simply to keep a place on the roster? I can't think it's very promising anyway. Doping up and getting caught just speeds up the departure from pro football.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gowebb11    672

Between brain injures and steroids, the line between the NFL and WWE continues to merge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alexava    1,211

I worry being a fringe player is the reason NOT to get nabbed for this. I hope he gets another shot. But I didn't think athleticism was what was holding him back anyway. Honing skills at a position he has plenty of talent to play should be the focus. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alexava    1,211
10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Isn't Aderall on their list of PEDs? Could just getting into pills maybe. 

Where did it indicate Aderral?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,981
10 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, it's ok to cheat if that helps you land a job? You can be ok with this, I'm not.

Thank you...thought I was going to have to burst the bubbles...that cheating is OK if you have to do so to beat out a team mate for playing time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jluvah    31
12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am totally ok with using HG, PEDs, steroids or whatever in baseball, basketball or football. Just makes for a better product. I want the best of the best AT their best. And to answer your question.... YES! No shame in admitting that for me. I know a lot of people will disagree but o well! They usually do anyways! haha. WOOOOO!!!!

Man, what is this world coming to???

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUIH1    723
9 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Was told from source that it was to try to bulk up. Tifwiw. Still, can't imagine what it's like to have your very livelihood on making a job and taking a ped may help...not saying it's right, just saying it ain't that easy to make that decision. Would hope that this helps develop NMs character and he uses the lesson for good.

NIck has been having character development issues since he signed with uga coming out of HS.  I am a huge fan of Nick in terms of his play as our QB in 2013 and 2014, but good decision making in terms of how he conducts himself off of the field has not been one on his strong points.

 

wde

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarTiger    1,098
13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am totally ok with using HG, PEDs, steroids or whatever in baseball, basketball or football. Just makes for a better product. I want the best of the best AT their best. And to answer your question.... YES! No shame in admitting that for me. I know a lot of people will disagree but o well! They usually do anyways! haha. WOOOOO!!!!

WOW. There's no much idiocy here, not sure where to begin.  I mean, really?  These are deemed Illegal by the organization they work for.  They are illegal for a reason.  NO, it does not make for a better product.  They have no place in sports at all.    Not sure how these make them "at their best" when the organization suspends players for it as they should and the penalties for this crap should be stiffer than they currently are.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194
3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

WOW. There's no much idiocy here, not sure where to begin.  I mean, really?  These are deemed Illegal by the organization they work for.  They are illegal for a reason.  NO, it does not make for a better product.  They have no place in sports at all.    Not sure how these make them "at their best" when the organization suspends players for it as they should and the penalties for this crap should be stiffer than they currently are.

The dude does NOT abide! haha. Well Thats like your opinion man. I mean baseball was never more popular than during the steroid era. Made for a more entertaining exciting product. It is a huge part of the game that baseball tries to ignore and therefore because of their hard stance like this a lot of all time greats from that era will not get in to the HOF. I have your opinion I have mine. Notice I never bash you for yours and you continually seem to bash me and others for opinions that you do not have. I for one welcome a good healthy debate and love when people disagree it is what makes this place a lot more fun. It does make them at their best because they can avoid and recover from injuries a lot faster than if they are not taking them which is honestly the reason a lot of upper echelon athletes take them. I am all for world class athletes to be at their top of their game and extend their careers and prime longer. You have said yourself you do not like nor watch pro sports so why does it matter to ya one way or another? But its all good fam! I enjoy our back and forth sparring! It keeps me on my toes!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randman5000    482
8 hours ago, alexava said:

Where did it indicate Aderral?

That is why  it was a question. They don't name substances usually. PassTheBiscuits answered it. 

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
auburn4ever    315

Why would anyone who's doing all they can to make it big in the NFL mess with enhancement drugs. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand that one little bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean baseball was never more popular than during the steroid era.

Baseball is an entertaining sport without influence of outside forces, the home run frenzy made it something it isn't.  College baseball went through a similar anomaly with the old BESR bats that gave guys the ability to hit home runs like they were on steroids.  The argument you make implies that the consuming public knew what was going on and went away simply because the PED's went away.  It was just the media frenzy over three guys (Bonds, McGuire and Sosa) that went away.  You're man Kershaw probably wouldn't be as effective if the ban weren't in place and it's awesome to me to watch a guy like that and not wonder what might have been.  He simply has a God given talent that good old fashioned and clean hard work has nearly perfected to the point of dominance.  The problem, which is age old, is that when money is involved the selfish human nature drives people to do things they shouldn't do.  It's the simple reason why laws are in place. 

I'm pretty well convinced the side effects of PED's is what took down the circus that was a certain golfer that wore red on Sunday.  I enjoy golf far more without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194
2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Baseball is an entertaining sport without influence of outside forces, the home run frenzy made it something it isn't.  College baseball went through a similar anomaly with the old BESR bats that gave guys the ability to hit home runs like they were on steroids.  The argument you make implies that the consuming public knew what was going on and went away simply because the PED's went away.  It was just the media frenzy over three guys (Bonds, McGuire and Sosa) that went away.  You're man Kershaw probably wouldn't be as effective if the ban weren't in place and it's awesome to me to watch a guy like that and not wonder what might have been.  He simply has a God given talent that good old fashioned and clean hard work has nearly perfected to the point of dominance.  The problem, which is age old, is that when money is involved the selfish human nature drives people to do things they shouldn't do.  It's the simple reason why laws are in place. 

I'm pretty well convinced the side effects of PED's is what took down the circus that was a certain golfer that wore red on Sunday.  I enjoy golf far more without him.

golf execs enjoy the game far less without ol Eldrick. Ratings are down across the board without him! haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU-24    217
On 4/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, jluvah said:

Man, what is this world coming to???

Oh spend a-little time on the political thread, you will see what the world is coming to. 

Yes, it is sad! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gman87    19

Since when does cheating make something better? IMO, all athletics should be a function of God given ability and hard work. When you introduce a wild card factor like PEDs that one person may take and another may not, you skew the playing field into an unbalanced and unnatural environment. In a way, I would think it detracts from a sport, not make it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,981
1 minute ago, gman87 said:

Since when does cheating make something better? IMO, all athletics should be a function of God given ability and hard work. When you introduce a wild card factor like PEDs that one person may take and another may not, you skew the playing field into an unbalanced and unnatural environment. In a way, I would think it detracts from a sport, not make it better.

Well stated......

Just to note.....the Pirate's all star CF just got an 80 day suspension for PEDs usage....a still penalty that was approved by the Players Association in their contract....showing that the vast majority of players want to know that they are not playing against "juiced up" opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now