Bo Davis received 2 year show cause

AU-24

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19157964/bo-davis-former-alabama-crimson-tide-assistant-current-ut-san-antonio-roadrunners-assistant-given-two-year-show-cause-order-ncaa

Former Alabama assistant coach Bo Davis on Friday received a two-year show-cause order from the NCAA infractions committee for providing false or misleading information about prohibited contacts with recruits.

How pathetic is the following?

Crimson Tide athletic director Greg Byrne said the university was "pleased that the NCAA affirmed that our cooperative approach to this matter was timely and appropriate."

"The university will continue to demonstrate a strong commitment to compliance, as reflected in our self-imposed actions taken in this case," said Byrne, who took over in March.

Of course, the soft coverage of this is ridiculous. It may be a small violation. It may be that Davis acted alone. It may have been handled in all of the right ways. However, if this were to happen in East Alabama, we would know the names of the recruits, the name of the player's mom who was involved, and speculation would be rampant. Plus, it would have come out the week before signing day rather than on Good Friday. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Bo Davis received 2 year show cause

The REC will pay Bo Davis a large sum of money and give him a job somewhere and he will take the fall and keep his mouth shut. If he talks he'll be on unemployment.

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

The REC will pay Bo Davis a large sum of money and give him a job somewhere and he will take the fall and keep his mouth shut. If he talks he'll be on unemployment.

Or worse

Damn!  2 yr show cause just proves the NCAA hates the liars worse than the act of cheating.  This whole thing was a relatively minor offense, but Davis chose to lie to the NCAA and now he's gotta pay the price.  It a shame, he's a damn fine football coach. 

Bama already paid him to keep his mouth shut. They cut him checks totalling around $500k despite the fact that he was effectively fired for cause. Hmm, I wonder why they did that. Seriously though, a booster arranged for an assistant coach to have early contact with recruits. That fact gets turned in. Coach denies it. University fires him and pays him hush money. Coach doesn't give another interview and takes his two years. It's really a job well done by Bama. By paying Bo to take all the blame and keep his mouth closed, they basically ended any protracted investigation before it could even get off the ground.

8 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Bama already paid him to keep his mouth shut. They cut him checks totalling around $500k despite the fact that he was effectively fired for cause. Hmm, I wonder why they did that. Seriously though, a booster arranged for an assistant coach to have early contact with recruits. That fact gets turned in. Coach denies it. University fires him and pays him hush money. Coach doesn't give another interview and takes his two years. It's really a job well done by Bama. By paying Bo to take all the blame and keep his mouth closed, they basically ended any protracted investigation before it could even get off the ground.

That's the way it works been that way for 40 years seen it with my own eyes

22 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Disassociate the "booster", fire the coach, pay $5,000 restitution, restrict the new DL coach for a few weeks from the recruiting trail, pay off the terminated coach to stfu.  The NCAA accepts uat's corrective action and they're satisfied to allow the "process" roll on unencumbered.  

I'm not saying the ncaa should've forced them to pay more money for restitution, or further restricted recruiting visits by their staffers, etc.  But the NCAA could've at least banned UAT from recruiting that particular high school for at least 2 yrs, that penalty would've hit them harder than anything else.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:55 AM, keesler said:

Disassociate the "booster", fire the coach, pay $5,000 restitution, restrict the new DL coach for a few weeks from the recruiting trail, pay off the terminated coach to stfu.  The NCAA accepts uat's corrective action and they're satisfied to allow the "process" roll on unencumbered.  

I'm not saying the ncaa should've forced them to pay more money for restitution, or further restricted recruiting visits by their staffers, etc.  But the NCAA could've at least banned UAT from recruiting that particular high school for at least 2 yrs, that penalty would've hit them harder than anything else.

While I a agree with the premise...picture a junior in HS...5 star player grew up dreaming of playing for bama...goes to that same school and suddenly because of something an ex coach did he can't go there.   How would that work?  NCAA supposed to believe he recruited himself if he's allowed to go to bama?  So like I said, I agree with the premise....but I'm not sure it's the proper solution. JMO. 

2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

While I a agree with the premise...picture a junior in HS...5 star player grew up dreaming of playing for bama...goes to that same school and suddenly because of something an ex coach did he can't go there.   How would that work?  NCAA supposed to believe he recruited himself if he's allowed to go to bama?  So like I said, I agree with the premise....but I'm not sure it's the proper solution. JMO. 

I get where you're coming from, I just wish something would slow down uat's recruiting roll.  

I'm sure unbiased and cooler heads prevailed within the NCAA, they were able to see the big picture and chose to accept uat's self-imposed corrective action.  I'd just like to see a few road blocks thrown in front of that machine over there. :banghead:

On 4/14/2017 at 9:32 PM, AU-24 said:

"The university will continue to demonstrate a strong commitment to compliance.........

BWAhahahahahahahahaha!

Did he really say that with a straight face?!?!

On 4/14/2017 at 9:32 PM, AU-24 said:

Archived