I am out.

oposssum

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

I worried the extreme left would show up and all hell break loose. I think that is what this guy wants anyway. 

The "extreme left" are all over 65 years-old.      ;D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, alexava said:

I worried the extreme left would show up and all hell break loose. I think that is what this guy wants anyway. 

We were all worried about that. Last thing we needed was some s*** going down on campus. Will take us a while to was the stink off though. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

The "extreme left" are all over 65 years-old.      ;D

Incorrect. Accept extremes from all sides and you will find the balance you seek. ;)

i have to say that local and state law enforcement did a great job of diffusing things when they quelled up. Kudos to them for showing restraint when applicable and enforcement when applicable.

Am I a bad person for thinking "Man I hope this isn't used against us in recruiting.  We could really use some secondary depth."?  Yes.  OK, just making sure.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Am I a bad person for thinking "Man I hope this isn't used against us in recruiting.  We could really use some secondary depth."?  Yes.  OK, just making sure.

I'm with you. First page of CNN is not good. 

On 4/18/2017 at 5:48 PM, logan adams said:

1125x1500.jpeg.1bc179ce5d1d4d4aab90dc266 

WOW, so strikingly just like what the BLM did in so many of their "protests", just add in vandalism and stealing to both.  People in general have gone on the crazy train with the leftist or right wing BS.  Neither of these groups want to have peaceful protests, they don't truly care about spreading a message, both sides are about spreading hate and vile and lies.  

1 hour ago, tgr4lfe said:

WOW, so strikingly just like what the BLM did in so many of their "protests", just add in vandalism and stealing to both.  People in general have gone on the crazy train with the leftist or right wing BS.  Neither of these groups want to have peaceful protests, they don't truly care about spreading a message, both sides are about spreading hate and vile and lies.  

Did you even take into consideration who put this flyer out?  It's specifically says "Sponsored by the Auburn White Student Union".  Maybe, just maybe, they are using scare tactics to keep people away from protesting at all, thus making it look like Auburn condones their stance?

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did you even take into consideration who put this flyer out?  It's specifically says "Sponsored by the Auburn White Student Union".  Maybe, just maybe, they are using scare tactics to keep people away from protesting at all, thus making it look like Auburn condones their stance?

I still wonder if that fight was staged. You can bet the alt right wants the extreme left to come out swinging. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I still wonder if that fight was staged. You can bet the alt right wants the extreme left to come out swinging. 

Wouldn't shock me in the least if it was staged.

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wouldn't shock me in the least if it was staged.

Easily could be that way....and was there really a White Student's Union at AU before this speech was planned?   Could just be one or two people with the desire to stir up some trouble....I don't recall seeing their student representative identified in the few news items I looked at....I mean, anyone can print up a poster...and JMO but looks like it was done and worded to promote a conflict rather than actually prevent it. 

One thing I do know is you tell  bunch of college kids they can't or should not do something ....a pretty good number will turn out to challenge that authority...and in this case I expect a number turned out to see what all the fuss was about.

Looks like nobody gained from their visit to AU so likely they won't be back....

7 hours ago, alexava said:

I don't think so. One guy was pretty bloody from a couple of haymakers. And they represented both sides of the protesters.

Archived