Softball vs. Missouri - game 2

ground ball to short and short stop charges and it goes under her glove into shallow center.    Wallace up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grounder to 2nd, throw goes to short covering the base at 2nd to get Podany.  Runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.  Fagan up.

Fagan bounces one through the left side and Auburn leads 5-3.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out for Rivera.

Rivera sticks the bat out and pokes it down the line at 3rd, 3rd baseman attempts to field and hits off her glove and everybody is safe.  Bases loaded with 1 out for Veach.

Veach slow roller out front and the pitcher charges and flips to the catcher to get the out at home.  2 outs.  Greenwood up.

Well, missed opportunity there but a two run lead for the top of the 7th is better than losing! Get three more outs, ladies!

Chopper up the middle, Fagan charges, gloves it and throw to 1st.  2 outs.   Runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Chopper deep at short, throw to 1st not in time, throw immediately goes home, Wallace runs the runner back toward 3rd, throw to Cooper and Cooper applies the tag.  AUBURN WINS 5-4. 

Wow. Crazy finish. Chopper to Fagan but it's too deep and the runner at first is safe. Run scores. And the runner from second tries to score on the throw to first but she's caught in a run down halfway between home and third. Wallace flips to Coop who tags the runner for the final out. 

Big mizz base running mistake...ends the game.....and nice to save the victory. 

Great job by Veach there to know that runner was going and make the quick throw home. 

Thanks as always @WarTiger for the play-by-play. Couldn't watch until the top of the 7th, but what an exciting half inning!

Good win.  I'm afraid I've gotten spoiled over the past couple of years. A win should never feel like a loss.

I almost expect blowouts. And I shouldn't. 

Good job girls, pull it out tommorrow. 

We needed that type of win. Winning from behind will be a confidence booster heading to game 3. Keep waiting for the homerun with the bases loaded, but great clutch hit by Wallace to score the 3. Still ended the inning bases juiced. Great play by Veach at the end to know the game was still alive.  Great awareness that resulted in a win.  

Archived