Softball vs. Missouri - game 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't move Wallace because she has thrived where she is.  I understand the thought behind that move but Wallace has been way too good to risk moving her. I do wonder if Coop would do better in a different spot though.  

Holy Crap! Ole Miss just swept LSU. Did not see that coming. Also, SC, who is last in the SEC, just split a mini 2 game series with #2 FSU .

50 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I wouldn't move Wallace because she has thrived where she is.  I understand the thought behind that move but Wallace has been way too good to risk moving her. I do wonder if Coop would do better in a different spot though.  

Cooper is 3 for 7 with a homer and a double in this series.  that's .429 hitting.  How much better is she supposed to do?

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We need to get back on the road! We KILLED georgia the 1st series after corey resigned. A georgia team who is better than this ole miss and mizzou team.

LSU swept Georgia.  Ole Miss swept LSU.  I'm anxious to see your explanation of how Georgia is better than Ole Miss.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Holy Crap! Ole Miss just swept LSU. Did not see that coming. Also, SC, who is last in the SEC, just split a mini 2 game series with #2 FSU .

I am starting to believe that parity is coming to college softball. I don't think any team is going to dominate week in and week out anymore.

17 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Cooper is 3 for 7 with a homer and a double in this series.  that's .429 hitting.  How much better is she supposed to do?

No, I agree.  She has turned it on lately. Merely pondering if anywhere else would give her more opportunities to drive in more runs with her recent outburst.  

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

No, I agree.  She has turned it on lately. Merely pondering if anywhere else would give her more opportunities to drive in more runs with her recent outburst.  

I would agree with you there.  I'm from the old school that you want your highest on-base percentage at leadoff, the best bunter second, and your best overall hitter third, with some dangerous power at cleanup.  Also agree that Wallace is tearing it up where she is - wouldn't mess with her.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

LSU swept Georgia.  Ole Miss swept LSU.  I'm anxious to see your explanation of how Georgia is better than Ole Miss.

why are you picking on me?!?! :[ I do not have thick skin. STAAAHHHHHHHHP!!!! lol... but nah forreal georgia was a top 20 when we beat them at their place. Have not kept up with how they have been doing since. Just assumed they had stayed in the top 25 and were doing reasonably well fam.

55 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

why are you picking on me?!?! :[ I do not have thick skin. STAAAHHHHHHHHP!!!! lol... but nah forreal georgia was a top 20 when we beat them at their place. Have not kept up with how they have been doing since. Just assumed they had stayed in the top 25 and were doing reasonably well fam.

Hey fam, like you, I thought at the start of the year that the Georgia series would be a tough one, and I'd be thrilled with two of three on the road.  And we'd probably sweep Ole Miss and maybe Missouri.  Hasn't turned out that way.  Georgia forgot to reload a pitcher like Chelsea Wilkinson,and Tina Iosefa (32 homers) up and graduated.  So they're 3-11 in the conference.  Meanwhile, Smith at Ole Miss has done a good job of making his team better.   Jared52 alluded to it above; the teams they are a-changing.  (apologies to Dylan)  Has anyone mentioned that Kentucky beat Florida today?

I think some of these early rankings (polls) are based on last year, and are a little slow to respond when a team doesn't perform as expected.  The RPI will take care of that.  

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on you. 

9 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Hey fam, like you, I thought at the start of the year that the Georgia series would be a tough one, and I'd be thrilled with two of three on the road.  And we'd probably sweep Ole Miss and maybe Missouri.  Hasn't turned out that way.  Georgia forgot to reload a pitcher like Chelsea Wilkinson,and Tina Iosefa (32 homers) up and graduated.  So they're 3-11 in the conference.  Meanwhile, Smith at Ole Miss has done a good job of making his team better.   Jared52 alluded to it above; the teams they are a-changing.  (apologies to Dylan)  Has anyone mentioned that Kentucky beat Florida today?

I think some of these early rankings (polls) are based on last year, and are a little slow to respond when a team doesn't perform as expected.  The RPI will take care of that.  

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on you. 

lol no pick on me ALL ya want! Your one of my favorite posters here. Post more! you always bring the goods. Yoour absolutely right. I should of been paying more attention to the sec standings and not just base my opinion on a team and leave it at that when we play a school. Ole Miss seems like they are really great at small ball. They nickel and dimed us to death. Death by a thousand paper cuts.

Archived