Softball vs. Missouri - game 3

well, didn't get to watch this until the 7th either but glad they had a big inning to take over this one. Also glad I didn't have to listen to more than 4 outs of the announcing crew. I'm all for diversity in the announcer world, but don't have someone do it for diversity sake. Get someone who knows the players (looking a you, Uncle Verne), knows the game, and has a voice for it. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, jared52 said:

well, didn't get to watch this until the 7th either but glad they had a big inning to take over this one. Also glad I didn't have to listen to more than 4 outs of the announcing crew. I'm all for diversity in the announcer world, but don't have someone do it for diversity sake. Get someone who knows the players (looking a you, Uncle Verne), knows the game, and has a voice for it. 

All you say is true but gotta remember that this is a low budget operation and probably used as a "training" assignment. 

Guess I'm just happy enough to see the games that I'm not going to complain....and meanwhile, I've become pretty successful at tuning the crew out....I know our own players and mostly don't care who the others are....

War Eagle....the ladies working their way up in the SEC standings.....and some of the higher rated teams working their way down.....thinking LSU at the moment.   Games ahead are very winnable IMO.

I watched on delay due to being out and about during the live time.  Great performance by Carlson.  Cooper continues to barrel some balls.  She's hit two to CF the last two days that might have been triples against a lesser centerfielder, but that Carrington? made a couple of really good rundowns on the track.  And I believe that two days in a row, Coop hit a hot liner to an infielder and got Draper doubled off first.  So glad to see Veach come out of her slump with that big knock.  Lastly, I want to throw a bouquet to Haley Fagan, who had a couple of splendid plays at short, especially the second out in the 7th.

After watching us, I flipped on the TV and watched Tennessee and uat.  Caught it in the 5th, and it was scoreless.  Stayed that way until bot 7, when UT won it 2-0 with a walkoff homer.  Moss was pitching for UT, and Littlejohn for uat.  18 straight wins for UT; 3d game tomorrow night.  Coach Murphy was reading the tide the riot act after the game. 

Archived