2017 Guard Transfer Peter Kiss (Rutgers Commit 4/23)

Charhair

"AUBURN | Peter Kiss has a good feel for Auburn, and he should. The freshman transfer spent the weekend in Auburn on an official visit, his first official visit since declaring plans to leave Quinnipiac University after one season and a coaching change.

“It went really well,” Kiss said of his Auburn visit. “I love the campus, and the basketball facilities are incredible. I love the setup with the weight room being next to the practice floor. I also checked out some academic buildings and met with some academic advisors. All around, it was a great visit.”

Kiss also had the opportunity to meet extensively with the Auburn coaches. He spoke with Bruce Pearl, and spent a lot of time with assistants Harris Adler and Chuck Person.

“I love the coaching staff,” Kiss said. “They are great. I love everything Coach Pearl, Coach Adler and Coach Person were talking about.”

Kiss, due to transfer rules, will have to sit out next season and then have three years to play at his new school. Whether or not the new school is Auburn has yet to be decided, but the Tigers made an impression over the weekend.

“It was a great overall visit,” Kiss said. “They jumped right to the top of my list, not right to the top, but I’m definitely considering them. It was a great visit and I love the coaching staff and the facilities.”

Kiss has taken an unofficial visit to Seton Hall and will be at Rutgers next weekend on an official visit. He’s also considering visits to Oklahoma, Rhode Island and St. John’s.

Kiss plans to announce his decision before the school semester ends in May.

Kiss, who is listed at 6-foot-5 and 190 pounds, averaged 13.3 points and 5.6 rebounds per game as a freshman." - Jeffrey Lee https://auburn.rivals.com/news/kiss-impressed-with-auburn-after-weekend-visit 

A lot of good teams use the juco/transfer route. Gonzaga was 2 minutes away from a championship with a handful of transfers. We're not an elite enough program to turn our nose up at good basketball players regardless of how we get em. 

While I agree with tigermac, I was hoping at this point going forward we would be relying less on these players as Mikey alluded to.

of course i would love every recruiting class to be full of 5 star future NBA lottery picks who stay for 4 years ... but if you have an NBA caliber player, they will leave early.  I would love to be getting a grad transfer or 2 every year to replace the yearly loss of a soph/junior to the NBA lottery!  

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I was hoping we were getting out of the transfer/JUCO business. Guess not.

There aren't many unsigned high school Seniors left in this class that the staff would want and hasn't been since the November signing period ended.

He's not someone looking for more PT sounds like.

Should be here three more years + 1 transfer year.

I Don't look at him like a JUCO transfer or journeyman.

Hope he heads our way.

Archived