Auburn's All Time Passing Game

Guest WarEagleSteve

I wonder will we run PA pass for the first play against GS or just a simple screen? Or will we just run as usual. Kind of a prelude to the annual first play thread.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I wonder will we run PA pass for the first play against GS or just a simple screen? Or will we just run as usual. Kind of a prelude to the annual first play thread.

It will be the RB up the middle, just to pi$$ off the fan base.

3 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Oh what a surprise.... Vanderbilt 0 :cool:

Surprised Cutler didn't cross the threshold. Dude was legit in college. Was one total BS celebration call away from getting a shot at a 2-pt conversion to knock off urbz meyer and UF at their house. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Surprised Cutler didn't cross the threshold. Dude was legit in college. Was one total BS celebration call away from getting a shot at a 2-pt conversion to knock off urbz meyer and UF at their house. 

Cutler was the real deal, but the athletes around him?  He had one receiver, weak O-Line running backs everything else. 

Just now, ToomersStreet said:

Cutler was the real deal, but the athletes around him?  He had one receiver, weak O-Line running backs everything else. 

Excellent point. 

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I actually hope we show Clemson nothing and proceed with our 2015 and 2016 game plans of just forcing the ball up the gut. 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 shouldn't be an issue for us against GSU since our QB play and passing game should be improved and against lower competition shouldn't problematic for us (hopefully our OL will provide bigger gains for our backs though). And then we can unleash the beast for week 2 and Clemson has no idea what just hit them in the mouth.

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I actually hope we show Clemson nothing and proceed with our 2015 and 2016 game plans of just forcing the ball up the gut. 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 shouldn't be an issue for us against GSU since our QB play and passing game should be improved and against lower competition shouldn't problematic for us (hopefully our OL will provide bigger gains for our backs though). And then we can unleash the beast for week 2 and Clemson has no idea what just hit them in the mouth.

Agreed.  Don't break any tendencies the first game.  CCL should even collaborate with Lashlee on the game plan and let GM call plays for the first game.  Then bring out the real deal against Clemson. (But first find out which offense their DC googled before game planning against us)

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Agreed.  Don't break any tendencies the first game.  CCL should even collaborate with Lashlee on the game plan and let GM call plays for the first game.  Then bring out the real deal against Clemson. (But first find out which offense their DC googled before game planning against us)

lol! Can we hire google as a defensive analyst?

We have had some very-good to great Qbs in our history but man outside of Beasley our WR history is PUTRID! Have we ever had a NFL Pro Bowl WR from AU?

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We have had some very-good to great Qbs in our history but man outside of Beasley our WR history is PUTRID! Have we ever had a NFL Pro Bowl WR from AU?

Frank Sanders was probably closest? 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Frank Sanders was probably closest? 

when he was on the cardinals right? That would be my best guess as well loof! Man just glancing over his college stats it is nuts he never had a 1k yard season either! And he had a pass first coach as his HC back then.

Guest WarEagleSteve
5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Red Phillips is the only Auburn receiver to ever make the Pro Bowl. Also, Terry Beasley and Ronney Daniels are the only Tiger receivers to ever produce a 1,000 yard season. Darvin Adams had back to back 950+ yard seasons in 2009 and 2010 but that's about the closest anyone's come since 1999. Darvin Adams and Terry Beasley are also the only two Tigers with 10 or more TD catches in one season. 

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Don't know about pro bowl, but Frank Sanders was easily our best receiver since Beasley. Actually, I think sanders did make a pro bowl with the Cardinals.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, WarEagleSteve said:

Red Phillips is the only Auburn receiver to ever make the Pro Bowl. Also, Terry Beasley and Ronney Daniels are the only Tiger receivers to ever produce a 1,000 yard season. Darvin Adams had back to back 950+ yard seasons in 2009 and 2010 but that's about the closest anyone's come since 1999. Darvin Adams and Terry Beasley are also the only two Tigers with 10 or more TD catches in one season. 

Ronney Daniels was always a mystery to me. Sometimes he looked unstoppable, and other times he would disappear. I guess because he was on some very mediocre teams during his time here.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, WarEagleSteve said:

I stand corrected. Could have sworn that Sanders led the NFL in receiving one year. Guess not. Been a long time ago.

On 4/23/2017 at 2:05 AM, WarEagleSteve said:

YIKES that is some kind of drought. Refresh my memory. If I am correct we only got 2 seasons of Ronney Daniels correct?

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I stand corrected. Could have sworn that Sanders led the NFL in receiving one year. Guess not. Been a long time ago.

Frank Sanders led the NFC in receptions in 1998. If he did not make the pro bowl, He should have.

Auburn needs to air it out this year. If Kyle Davis comes back, then it is game on. The 2013 game where we were able to run for 300 yards on a Saban defense was really a thing of beauty. But our offense only managed 28 points. 

The teams that really put points up on Saban are the teams that can take the top off. Look at Spurrier's 2001 Florida team, Richt's 2004 UGA team, Meyer's 2014 Ohio State team, and don't forget the 44 points we scored on them in Tuscaloosa when Nick threw for over 400 yards. We have to hit the deep ball this year in order to win the Iron Bowl.

27 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Auburn needs to air it out this year. If Kyle Davis comes back, then it is game on. The 2013 game where we were able to run for 300 yards on a Saban defense was really a thing of beauty. But our offense only managed 28 points. 

The teams that really put points up on Saban are the teams that can take the top off. Look at Spurrier's 2001 Florida team, Richt's 2004 UGA team, Meyer's 2014 Ohio State team, and don't forget the 44 points we scored on them in Tuscaloosa when Nick threw for over 400 yards. We have to hit the deep ball this year in order to win the Iron Bowl.

or honestly every year almost hugh freeze has played them. That man knows how to have a dynamic passing offense even if he cannot figure out how to have a good ground game.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

or honestly every year almost hugh freeze has played them. That man knows how to have a dynamic passing offense even if he cannot figure out how to have a good ground game.

Great point! Deep down I'm hoping that Hugh Freeze gets fired at Ole Miss for the recruiting scandals so that he can be an analyst under Gus to help us expose Saban's defense.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Great point! Deep down I'm hoping that Hugh Freeze gets fired at Ole Miss for the recruiting scandals so that he can be an analyst under Gus to help us expose Saban's defense.

heck! if the offense plays like it should the next few years with the probable good QB play freeze can come be our OC if it nets chip a HC job.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Does Hugh know how to recruit without throwing bags of money around?

Does anyone know how to recruit in Mississippi without throwing bags of money around?

I lived there for several years and it  is a poor state . It is probably easy to tempt people. I blame the schools more than the athletes or their families. 

Archived