2014 Auburn vs. LSU Highlights

augolf1716

loved that game. I think we will roll into Baton Rouge this coming fall, and throw cold water on Coach "O"s first season vs. the real Tigers!

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Only time I can think of where we dominated one of our big 3 rivals this decade. That 2014 squad was unbelievably stacked on offense.

Sadly enough this is true. I hope to see us destroy LSU, UGA, or UA this season. 

5 hours ago, logan adams said:

Sadly enough this is true. I hope to see us destroy LSU, UGA, or UA this season. 

I believe we can beat all three..But destroy seems far-fetched, especially against bammer. 

Also, its easy to forget how long Carlson has been here. I was wondering if he is Auburn's all time scoring leader yet, and sure enough he's only 9 points behind Wes Byrum 354 to 363. Very possible he breaks the record against Georgia Southern. Something like 7 extra points and a field goal?

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Also, its easy to forget how long Carlson has been here. I was wondering if he is Auburn's all time scoring leader yet, and sure enough he's only 9 points behind Wes Byrum 354 to 363. Very possible he breaks the record against Georgia Southern. Something like 7 extra points and a field goal?

7 touchdowns against the vaunted Southern defense? quite the challenge 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

7 touchdowns against the vaunted Southern defense? quite the challenge 

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Honestly one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory. We owe Georgia so many beat downs like this. It would be nice if we had more wins like this vs LSU, Georgia and JUST ONCE IN MY LIFETIME I want to see us put a whooping on bama like this. Tubbershell ruined many a chances against them for a win like this.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I want to see us put a whooping on bama like this. Tubbershell ruined many a chances against them for a win like this.

Despite the 28-18 win in 2005, that was a beatdown. It never was in question. Sure, Tubbs could have Spurrier-ed it on, but ask any bammer, until that point, that was the most humiliating Iron Bowl loss since 10-0 in 1988.

30 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Despite the 28-18 win in 2005, that was a beatdown. It never was in question. Sure, Tubbs could have Spurrier-ed it on, but ask any bammer, until that point, that was the most humiliating Iron Bowl loss since 10-0 in 1988.

a few times in the tubs era we should of beat down bama but the final score did not reflect that. That is what I am looking for.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

a few times in the tubs era we should of beat down bama but the final score did not reflect that. That is what I am looking for.

Other than 2004, we never had the team that could beat them by 3-4 TDs. What would have beating them by 21 vs. 8 points have done for you in 2005? We manhandled them and it was never close. I often get bammers that beat their chest that they killed us in 2012. Wow, beat a 3-win team. I reply look what we did to your 9-win team in 2005.

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Other than 2004, we never had the team that could beat them by 3-4 TDs. What would have beating them by 21 vs. 8 points have done for you in 2005? We manhandled them and it was never close. I often get bammers that beat their chest that they killed us in 2012. Wow, beat a 3-win team. I reply look what we did to your 9-win team in 2005.

*10, but yeah. I think a reason for that might have been that Tubs saw what happened to Prothro when Shula tried to run up the score on FL that year. I wonder how their season would have ended that year if Shula had taken his foot off the gas...I read a post on the CFB subreddit imagining an alternate timeline spawned by that (Saban ends up at Michigan--another rival of a former team of his).

The phrase "Auburn only beats us when we're down!" makes me laugh. We've beaten FOUR ten-win teams of theirs since the turn of the century.

And for the umpteenth time, I can't read about how talented the '14 offense was without my blood boiling.

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

It would of been more satisfying for me. Everyone is  different and yes a win is a win is a win BUT I WANT TO CRUSH THEIR SOUL! LEAVE NO DOUBT as HERMAN BOONE SAID! LEAVE NO DOUBT! I want to beat them 56-0 every year!! I want to embarrass them and annihilate them. I feel the same way about every game we play especially our rivals. The arkansas game last year was THE PERFECT game for me and what I am looking for in enjoying a W.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

*10, but yeah. I think a reason for that might have been that Tubs saw what happened to Prothro when Shula tried to run up the score on FL that year. I wonder how their season would have ended that year if Shula had taken his foot off the gas...I read a post on the CFB subreddit imagining an alternate timeline spawned by that (Saban ends up at Michigan--another rival of a former team of his).

The phrase "Auburn only beats us when we're down!" makes me laugh. We've beaten FOUR ten-win teams of theirs since the turn of the century.

And for the umpteenth time, I can't read about how talented the '14 offense was without my blood boiling.

I'm not arguing against the bolded but it's one thing to take the foot off the gas up ~31-0 and it's something completely different to take the foot off the gas once you score 17 points. Tubs seemingly had a goal of getting 2 TDs and a FG every game and then had no interest in scoring anymore after that. Very frustrating.

I don't look at the Prothro play as Shula trying to run it up on UF. That team had been through some serious crap- sanctions, Franchione, Price, a crap season the year before- and I think Shula was just letting his players enjoy the release of beating down the #5 team in the country. They'd earned that. As for going for it on 4th down from the 28 yard line with a lead, teams do that *all the time* on that part of the field. It's way too close to punt and a 45 yd FG attempt is no gimme. It was a freak injury. They could run that exact play a million more times and it probably wouldn't result in anybody breaking their leg, much less a WR doing it on a jump ball in the end zone.

And I really don't think it informed a single decision Tubs ever made. Don't forget that he was called the Riverboat Gambler and did some ballsy, against the grain stuff at Auburn, too. Remember the onsides kick against South Carolina in the 3rd quarter? One of the best calls I've ever seen. We kept a Steve Spurrier offense from touching the ball for an entire quarter. But if we hadn't recovered that kick, some folks would still be calling him an idiot. 

Oh, and to @GwillMac6's point, really dominant teams win a lot of games before they even get off the bus because they seize opportunities to step on the opponent's throat and intimidate future opponents. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't look at the Prothro play as Shula trying to run it up on UF. That team had been through some serious crap- sanctions, Franchione, Price, a crap season the year before- and I think Shula was just letting his players enjoy the release of beating down the #5 team in the country. They'd earned that. As for going for it on 4th down from the 28 yard line with a lead, teams do that *all the time* on that part of the field. It's way too close to punt and a 45 yd FG attempt is no gimme. It was a freak injury. They could run that exact play a million more times and it probably wouldn't result in anybody breaking their leg, much less a WR doing it on a jump ball in the end zone.

And I really don't think it informed a single decision Tubs ever made. Don't forget that he was called the Riverboat Gambler and did some ballsy, against the grain stuff at Auburn, too. Remember the onsides kick against South Carolina in the 3rd quarter? One of the best calls I've ever seen. We kept a Steve Spurrier offense from touching the ball for an entire quarter. But if we hadn't recovered that kick, some folks would still be calling him an idiot. 

Yeah the previous two years had been awful for them but the probation was reason enough for them to give the players rest, esp since the game was over by the time it happened. Even if it is UAT I really hate what happened to TP.

BTW, on the subject of this game, anyone remember this gem of a thread?

Harris had the "it" factor all right. :lol:

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would of been more satisfying for me. Everyone is  different and yes a win is a win is a win BUT I WANT TO CRUSH THEIR SOUL! LEAVE NO DOUBT as HERMAN BOONE SAID! LEAVE NO DOUBT! I want to beat them 56-0 every year!! I want to embarrass them and annihilate them. I feel the same way about every game we play especially our rivals. The arkansas game last year was THE PERFECT game for me and what I am looking for in enjoying a W.

Beating bammer like that isn't realistic. We haven't beaten them by more than 10 points since 1969. And they've had some weak teams since then. I get way more satisfaction ripping their guts out in the 4th quarter than winning by double digits. 

Archived