2014 Auburn vs. LSU Highlights

augolf1716

13 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Beating bammer like that isn't realistic. We haven't beaten them by more than 10 points since 1969. And they've had some weak teams since then. I get way more satisfaction ripping their guts out in the 4th quarter than winning by double digits. 

AS IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS MAN!!! I said we owe them many blow outs AND WE DO!!! That is again why I said just once in my lifetime I would love to see us whoop them like that! lol come on now man! stay with me worm! 

36 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Beating bammer like that isn't realistic. We haven't beaten them by more than 10 points since 1969. And they've had some weak teams since then. I get way more satisfaction ripping their guts out in the 4th quarter than winning by double digits. 

Several times we could have beaten them by more that ten but conservative coaching denied us that.  

I want to beat them badly enough in football, for enough years in a row, that all their fans can brag about are their tiddlywink sports and Paul Finebaum's show goes off the air because Legend commits suicide live on a call.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:47 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly one of the most satisfying wins in recent memory. We owe Georgia so many beat downs like this. It would be nice if we had more wins like this vs LSU, Georgia and JUST ONCE IN MY LIFETIME I want to see us put a whooping on bama like this. Tubbershell ruined many a chances against them for a win like this.

Yeah, that IB I 2005 was one we could have beaten bama as bad as we wanted to. Unfortunately, Tubervile didn't want to beat them that bad.

23 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yeah, that IB I 2005 was one we could have beaten bama as bad as we wanted to. Unfortunately, Tubervile didn't want to beat them that bad.

as was the case a lot of times in the tubs era. He took that foot off the gas pedal early in games.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

as was the case a lot of times in the tubs era. He took that foot off the gas pedal early in games.

Yep, right before kickoff

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yep, right before kickoff

lol if it wasn't so true it would be a lot funnier!

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol if it wasn't so true it would be a lot funnier!

Bama never took their foot off the gas against us until they had driven us six feet under, if not further. 

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Bama never took their foot off the gas against us until they had driven us six feet under, if not further. 

*nods head ferociously* Yes they do sir.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:04 PM, GwillMac6 said:

AS IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS MAN!!! I said we owe them many blow outs AND WE DO!!! That is again why I said just once in my lifetime I would love to see us whoop them like that! lol come on now man! stay with me worm! 

I would love to see us beat spuat like they have beaten us under Saban in terms of beat downs too.  But reality is, we are simply not a good enough to do so.  While Saban is their coach, need to rely on players that are truly great (Cam and Fairley in 2010) and a play(s) that is so unusual that it becomes legend (Kick Six in 2013 and even Punt Bama Punt in 1972)

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

I would love to see us beat spuat like they have beaten us under Saban in terms of beat downs too.  But reality is, we are simply not a good enough to do so.  While Saban is their coach, need to rely on players that are truly great (Cam and Fairley in 2010) and a play(s) that is so unusual that it becomes legend (Kick Six in 2013 and even Punt Bama Punt in 1972)

O I am objective enough to know it will probaly never happen against saban. Tho I would certainly love it even more if it does. If it does it will make it that much sweeter. I am a realist tho and the talent they amass prevents them from ever getting blown out. I honestly cannot recall saban ever getting blown out at alabama after 07. When they lose a lot of times it is on the last possession.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

O I am objective enough to know it will probaly never happen against saban. Tho I would certainly love it even more if it does. If it does it will make it that much sweeter. I am a realist tho and the talent they amass prevents them from ever getting blown out. I honestly cannot recall saban ever getting blown out at alabama after 07. When they lose a lot of times it is on the last possession.

Maybe, maybe not.  Saban is getting old, and he is extremely overconfident to the point of condescension.  That leaves a crack in the armor.  Now he may or may not devolve into Woody Hayes/Bear Bryant/TomLandry/JoePaterno/BobbyBowden incoherence in his later years and stay longer than he should.  IF that is the case, I think we should take the foot off the gas and let him linger as long as the fools across the state support him and his legacy while everyone else can see he's got a foot in the grave and is incompetent and more of a figure head.  But, if he doesn't lose it, then we should beat it out of him when we can.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Saban is getting old, and he is extremely overconfident to the point of condescension.  That leaves a crack in the armor.  Now he may or may not devolve into Woody Hayes/Bear Bryant/TomLandry/JoePaterno/BobbyBowden incoherence in his later years and stay longer than he should.  IF that is the case, I think we should take the foot off the gas and let him linger as long as the fools across the state support him and his legacy while everyone else can see he's got a foot in the grave and is incompetent and more of a figure head.  But, if he doesn't lose it, then we should beat it out of him when we can.

Saban seems different than those guys. He is 65 and looks younger than a lot of coaches 10-15 years younger than him. yes a lot of it is the spray tan, hair plugs and hair dye haha but seriously he just seems like he is not losing a beat. What is really going to work against us is unlike after the mighty baaaahhhhr retired there is a easy solution for them to hire and not miss a beat at least recruiting wise which is dabo. We should stomp on their throats WHENEVER we get the chance because the opportunity def does not come along much.

^Whenever he retires, what I ultimately see happening is they hire some protege of his (after Clemson gives Dabo a huge contract extension and raise) who keeps doing well for a year or two, then experiences a slight dip, then is fired when their fans have unrealistic expectations, and you can probably guess what happens fromthere... :) 

Only way to run it up on bama is shell shock them early make them quit- which is how they get their lopsided wins. Also- stop taking foot off the gas. 

Archived