Baseball vs. Kennesaw St game thread

Herndon gets hit on the back of the leg with a batted ball. He walks the next batter then goes 2-0 before being taken out. 2 outs. Runner on 1st.
Coker in and finishes the inning with a ground out. 15-5. Top 9th.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dang....3 run homer and Sprinkle is gone...only one out in the inning....that guy is a real mystery.....

His fastball is dead flat.  There is virtually no movement on it whatsoever.  I am sure they are working with him to cut or split or lower his arm angle.  Probably all that and more.  I just hope they find the magic bullet before he transfers.  That is incredibly tough on a young pitcher who was all everything coming out of high school.  I for one am pulling hard for him.

Watching Louisville vs Ky.....UL guy hit a home run and then stood in the box....watched it go out and then strolled down to first carrying the bat about 20 feet....prime candidate for a knock down pitch next time up.   KY in the lead.  11-5 over #2 Louisville

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Watching Louisville vs Ky.....UL guy hit a home run and then stood in the box....watched it go out and then strolled down to first carrying the bat about 20 feet....prime candidate for a knock down pitch next time up.   KY in the lead.  11-5 over #2 Louisville

I could see a baseball fight happen which means a lot of swinging and missing. Not to sidetrack but I got sucker punched in a so called baseball fight

21 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

His fastball is dead flat.  There is virtually no movement on it whatsoever.  I am sure they are working with him to cut or split or lower his arm angle.  Probably all that and more.  I just hope they find the magic bullet before he transfers.  That is incredibly tough on a young pitcher who was all everything coming out of high school.  I for one am pulling hard for him.

I'm pulling hard for DS also. Word is that he works his tail off trying to improve. I respect him for his work ethic and I really hope it pays off for him at Auburn.

I look forward to the day that the auburn bullpen doesn't allow a run. It'll be a glorious day, a kind of day that comes once every blue moon. The kind of day that makes you say, "yes, finally, for one brief moment, all is right in the world."

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I could see a baseball fight happen which means a lot of swinging and missing. Not to sidetrack but I got sucker punched in a so called baseball fight

Yep.....rivalry game and all....UL closed the gap to  11-7...hope UK holds on...nice to see a top 5 team get beat.....

As for baseball fights...most are comical though every now and then someone gets in a real punch...but easy to get sucker punched in a mob fight where someone may not even know who he is swinging at....just someone in a different uniform......and no protection of course.

11 hours ago, wareagle13 said:

I look forward to the day that the auburn bullpen doesn't allow a run. It'll be a glorious day, a kind of day that comes once every blue moon. The kind of day that makes you say, "yes, finally, for one brief moment, all is right in the world."

It's been a few weeks, but the bullpen has had a few days like that already this year.

31 minutes ago, boomstick said:

It's been a few weeks, but the bullpen has had a few days like that already this year.

Lack of pitching depth...about 16 guys classed as pitchers on our roster plus Daniel Robert and of all that...only 6  of them (and I am including the starters).... when they go out to the mound, the coaches have much of a clue about what might happen.

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You guys talking about bat flips and paybacks, Rougned Odor got in a good shot on a guy who asks for it every time he goes yard.....

Odor Offered Free Food After Punching Bautista

Speaking of home runs starting fights, looks like #9 may have started one of the best baseball arss woopns by the best pitcher of all time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/23-interesting-facts-about-the-nolan-ryan-robin-ventura-brawl-on-23rd-anniversary/amp/

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Lack of pitching depth...about 16 guys classed as pitchers on our roster plus Daniel Robert and of all that...only 6  of them (and I am including the starters).... when they go out to the mound, the coaches have much of a clue about what might happen.

That's about right. We really need 1-2 more quality arms. Camacho has come on as a decent midweek starter. The Fri/Sat rotation is very good, and Daniel has been, at the very least, solid. Then, you have Lipscomb, Mitchell, and Coker. Herndon is hit or miss and Watson is about the same. But both are good when they're on. And Robert as a spot guy is nice to have. Then, guys like Klobosits and Sprinkle are unfortunate knowns. It would be nice to have at least one more solid, reliable arm (whether that be Herndon or Watson steadying themselves or Klobo or Sprinkle figuring things out quickly) to add depth to the pen.

11 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Speaking of home runs starting fights, looks like #9 may have started one of the best baseball arss woopns by the best pitcher of all time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/23-interesting-facts-about-the-nolan-ryan-robin-ventura-brawl-on-23rd-anniversary/amp/

Bo trying to be the peace keeper

Thanks golf.....Nolan could be an ornery SOB at times....and very competitive.....looked like someone's grandfather in a fight even then.... probably twice Ventura's age but knew how to inflict a little pain without leaving blood evidence. 

13 hours ago, boomstick said:

I'm sure you understand i was being overly dramatic.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, AU64 said:

Shades of Pedro Cerrano.

Archived