Aaron Hernandez Found Dead(suicide)

ShocksMyBrain

(CNN)Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was convicted of murder, was found hanged Wednesday morning in the Massachusetts prison where he was serving a life sentence, officials said.

The death of Hernandez, 27, comes just days after he was acquitted in a separate murder case

Hernandez "was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m.," the Massachusetts Department of Correction said.

"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. by a physician at the hospital.

"Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

"The Massachusetts State Police are on scene and the investigation continues. Mr. Hernandez's next of kin have been notified."

Developing story - more to come

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not really much you can say guess he did not want to spend the rest of his life in prison

Oh but he will........

Wonder what life was like in the UF locker room with him around...he was never a nice guy...from his days before UF. Somehow they either kept him under control or kept it covered up...

Sad life but I do not pity him. At-least our tax dollars won't be wasted keeping an evil man who was a murderer alive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never understood professional athletes or anyone who squanders what they were blessed with. Aside from Hernandez, the one that sticks out to me is Len Bias.

Archived