Softball vs. Kennesaw State - game thread

Kaylee Carlson in to pitch the 7th.   1st pitch and its lined to right and to the wall for a double.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sharp liner back to Carlson and she reaches down and gloves it.  great catch. 2 outs after the grounder to 2nd for the 1st out.

fly ball to center and Draper makes the catch.  FINAL Auburn wins 7-3 and moves to 37-7 on the season.

That was a little more difficult than I had anticipated, but the girls did a good job of slamming the door on the Owls.  KSU came in at 31-13 with two wins over Michigan St. and a series victory over USC Upstate, who played in our regional last year.  They gave a good account of themselves with error-free ball in the field and treated Martin roughly with 8 hits,many of which were well-struck.  They had the audacity to tie the game in top 4 after we took a 2-0 lead in bot 3.  In bot 4. Veach lined a single to left (2-game hitting streak!) and Shea chased her home with a blast over the RF wall.  Danged if the Owls didn't put up another run in top 6 (some nice defense kept it from being more), so we had to get serious in bot 6.  First four batters hit safely, so KSU changed pitchers, who was greeted by Kasey Cooper in a pinch-hit role.  Coop hit a foul fly to left that scored Maresette, and we put up two more in the sixth to make it 7-3.  Carlson came in to finish off the Owls in the 7th, and was greeted by a first-pitch double.  Well, that was rude.  No further damage, and the Tigers moved to 37-7.

Great to see the number of balls we barreled tonight, especially in the 6th.  Also, Shea had another throwout of a runner attempting to steal.  She's getting better at that. Somewhat concerning, however, to see how many balls were barreled off Martin by KSU.  We had 11 hits, KSU 9, and we left the bases loaded in the 6th.

Note:  When I logged on,I couldn't find this game thread.  My computer was in the Twilight Zone evidently.  Anyway, that's why I wrote this long narrative.  I couldn't find anything else about the game.

16 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

That was a little more difficult than I had anticipated, but the girls did a good job of slamming the door on the Owls.  KSU came in at 31-13 with two wins over Michigan St. and a series victory over USC Upstate, who played in our regional last year.  They gave a good account of themselves with error-free ball in the field and treated Martin roughly with 8 hits,many of which were well-struck.  They had the audacity to tie the game in top 4 after we took a 2-0 lead in bot 3.  In bot 4. Veach lined a single to left (2-game hitting streak!) and Shea chased her home with a blast over the RF wall.  Danged if the Owls didn't put up another run in top 6 (some nice defense kept it from being more), so we had to get serious in bot 6.  First four batters hit safely, so KSU changed pitchers, who was greeted by Kasey Cooper in a pinch-hit role.  Coop hit a foul fly to left that scored Maresette, and we put up two more in the sixth to make it 7-3.  Carlson came in to finish off the Owls in the 7th, and was greeted by a first-pitch double.  Well, that was rude.  No further damage, and the Tigers moved to 37-7.

Great to see the number of balls we barreled tonight, especially in the 6th.  Also, Shea had another throwout of a runner attempting to steal.  She's getting better at that. Somewhat concerning, however, to see how many balls were barreled off Martin by KSU.  We had 11 hits, KSU 9, and we left the bases loaded in the 6th.

Note:  When I logged on,I couldn't find this game thread.  My computer was in the Twilight Zone evidently.  Anyway, that's why I wrote this long narrative.  I couldn't find anything else about the game.

No worries here.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post.  It had a feel of "Casey at the Bat", especially if Cooper could have cleared the fences in fair territory with her hit.

Archived