Softball vs. Kennesaw State - game thread

Auburn wearing all gray uniforms tonight. 

C9zkxwNXUAE2KRN.jpg

Auburn hosting Kennesaw State today.    NOTE:   announced on twitter a few minutes ago, Kasey Cooper was hit in the face fielding ground balls and is not in the lineup tonight.  No other info available at this time.

Lineup today:

Draper
Wallace
Fagan
Rivera
Greenwood
Veach (3rd base)
Shea
Abbott (1st base)
McCrackin

Makayla Martin pitching

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are going to have the single camera above home plate tonight.  That's unfortunate but better than nothing.

kennesaw state gets an infield single but nothing else.  Auburn coming up.  Draper, Wallace and Fagan.

yep...always happy to see it on the tube...not quite spoiled enough yet to complain about lack of multiple cameras or the ESPN announcers we sometimes get..

Fagan chops it to 3rd, throw to 2nd to get Wallace, throw to 1st not in time.   Alyssa Rivera up with runner on 1st and 2 outs.

Rivera chops one to the left side and it gets through into left.  Runners on 1st and 2nd for Carmyn Greenwood.

Shea coming up.    I do like Brad Law doing the play by play.  I like how he interacts with us watching and listening.  That was me for his 2nd shout out when he said home of Casey McCrackin.  :)       Shea grounds to 2nd.  2 outs.   Abbott coming up.

Smaller field for softball gives us a better view with a single camera that for baseball....and at least it is not a fixed position camera like I've seen at some away games.

Just now, AU64 said:

Smaller field for softball gives us a better view with a single camera that for baseball....and at least it is not a fixed position camera like I've seen at some away games.

It is a nice change of pace and it does give us much better view of where the ball is going.  There are definite positives to this situation.   It's nice to be able to see the ball for its entirety when its in the field of play. 

Whitney Jordan pinch hitting for McCrackin.  This is very odd to lead off the inning this early in a scoreless game.

Isn't it about time for AU to score some runs?   

Draper puts one just inside the bag at 3rd. Outfield shifted over that way so Draper ends up st 1st.   Wallace up.

Wallace rips one down the right field line and into the corner.   Draper comes around from 1st and scores without a throw.   Wallace stands up at 2nd.  Auburn leads 1-0.   Haley Fagan up.   Fagan flies to center.   Rivera coming up.

Rivera delivers again..  drives one to the gap in right center and it hits the base of the wall.  Rivera stands up at 2nd, Wallace scores.   Auburn leads 2-0.   Greenwood coming up.

Greenwood sends one to right but its run down and caught on the warning track to end the inning.  After 3 complete, Auburn leads 2-0.

Kennesaw state gets runners to 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and a single to center scores both.  Game is tied 2-2

Archived