2018 D Line Recruiting

ellitor

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The topic of this thread is D-line recruiting.

I realize that.  I was merely making a general onservation regarding our overall state of recruiting.   Aftersll, this is a recruiting site  

No harm or disrespect was intended.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After we get halfway through the season and continuously recruit, we will flip a couple of the committed players we are seemingly missing on (any position - nobody in particular).   They will see they were mislead and Auburn is surging in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

After we get halfway through the season and continuously recruit, we will flip a couple of the committed players we are seemingly missing on (any position - nobody in particular).   They will see they were mislead and Auburn is surging in the right direction.

Road wins @ Clemson & LSU will shut up Little Nicky, Big Dummy, & Dabo for a while or at least greatly lessen the impact of their negative pitches..

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Road wins @ Clemson & LSU will shut up Little Nicky, Big Dummy, & Dabo for a while or at least greatly lessen the impact of their negative pitches..

:hellyeah:

On 6/25/2017 at 5:30 PM, ellitor said:

I know I may be exposinging my ignorance, E but who is big dummy supposed to be?:dunno:

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I know I may be exposinging my ignorance, E but who is big dummy supposed to be?:dunno:

Think 2nd biggest rival.

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Either Coach Yaw-Yaw or Bowl Cut.

It's a play on his name. Kirby Smart...Big Dummy, especially when he's standing by Little Nicky. It may be corny as hell but I'm surprised I have to explain it.

I knew you were talking about Kirby but when I think of a coach as Big Dummy. I think of the big fat Arkansas coach Bielema.

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I knew you were talking about Kirby but when I think of a coach as Big Dummy. I think of the big fat Arkansas coach Bielema.

Na. He's Porky.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Is Gus Harry Potter?

Na. Harry's magic can't fix some of Gus's ideas.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's a play on his name. Kirby Smart...Big Dummy, especially when he's standing by Little Nicky. It may be corny as hell but I'm surprised I have to explain it.

Sorry I'm not as tuned in as some of you.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Hey @ellitor seen we're getting in the mix for Kayode Oladele. In his Top 5, any real chance at him?

Not sure he's a major target yet. If there has been news on him today I haven't seen it because I am busy dealing with moving.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure he's a major target yet. If there has been news on him today I haven't seen it because I am busy dealing with moving.

Feel for ya, bro. Good luck.

Just not that much ELITE DL talent within our recruiting footprint in 2018.

There are a few more guys in 2019, at least early risers.

Hopefully, a few kids emerge/have big SR years, and we can get our foot in the door. That is Garner's specialty. Getting in on the late bloomers, and/or flipping guys late in the process. 2018 just doesn't seem to be a great DL class. 

It is one reason that the last two classes he signed were so important. We have a couple LB's that can play Buck/DE in a pinch. TD, Threat and watch Josh Marsh. i know he has bee labeled a S, but if he grows at all, he could be a helluva BUCK!

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

She finally had enough Huh? All that late night recruiting study...hanging out, outside the football center...

It happens to the best of us! :wareagle:

A question or two and then an observation. Last year we were told that it was a weak year for D-Linemen but the next year was looking good. By the way we still signed a good class of D-Line last year. Now I see some people saying this is a weak year for D-Line. So question was last year really a weak year as we did pretty good and is this year a weak year or a good year?

Observation as usual we have not signed to many D-Linemen as yet and people are starting to moan and grown like the sky is falling. This is a a regular occurrence and yet by signing Day Garner has pulled in another crop of great D-Linemen. I can't understand why people doubt Garner every year when you look at his track record.

On 6/25/2017 at 4:18 PM, Beaker said:

this is one of the reasons i dont like the early signing period.  we seem like we have to come from behind on some recruits and early signing may not give us the "make up" time needed.

Early signing period will make closing a recruiting class a bit more complex.  I sure hope we are not a bunch of checkers players, but more so chess players!   I still think we need to strategically alter our approach and focus on building some excitement for the teenagers (ie: keep the uniforms, but change up some other stuff that attracts kids).  The game on the field is not just for old farts like me.  

I could see us having 3-4 different helmets schemes.  Or something to build some excitement for twitter or instagram...

Archived