Kyle Davis

weagle06

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will see. I really hope so.

If he's on campus and in class I would "expect" him back but if he's not on campus I would have my doubts after "expecting" him back after spring break.

33 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I guess that is all he can say at this time, but in all honesty it did not leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy about KD returning.

My thoughts, also. 

51 minutes ago, corchjay said:

If he's on campus and in class I would "expect" him back but if he's not on campus I would have my doubts after "expecting" him back after spring break.

He is and has been at home taking care of some things. That's all that can be said right now. I'm not sure if he will be back or not.

Great news!  We need him, glad he has stayed academically eligible and will be here for summer works/fall practice.  WDE Kyle!

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Great news!  We need him, glad he has stayed academically eligible and will be here for summer works/fall practice.  WDE Kyle!

??? What exactly is great news, the fact that Gus continues to say what he has always said? Gus is master of hiding the ball so we shouldn't rely on anything he says about Kyle Davis. Gus also expected Lawson back too soon after he injured his knee - that didn't exactly turn out like he said.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

??? What exactly is great news, the fact that Gus continues to say what he has always said? Gus is master of hiding the ball so we shouldn't rely on anything he says about Kyle Davis. Gus also expected Lawson back too soon after he injured his knee - that didn't exactly turn out like he said.

True...better to say something like..." we will know when we know"....but he just can't seem to keep his mouth shut about the stuff that he should keep his mouth shut about.

Boy!!! Gus can't win on this forum. If he says something, someone will say "he should have been quiet", if he don't say anything, someone will say "he should have said something". I think people need to think about what they're saying before hitting submit.

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Boy!!! Gus can't win on this forum. If he says something, someone will say "he should have been quiet", if he don't say anything, someone will say "he should have said something". I think people need to think about what they're saying before hitting submit.

He can say whatever he wants. A smart AU fan would be in see it to believe it mode because a lot of what he says comes to be untrue.

On this particular issue though, what he said is all he can say right now whether Kyle comes back or not. If he said anything else it would create extra needless drama for the time being.

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

lol so true. But wins on the field eliminate the complaining about all the little stuff. Nobody cared about what he was saying in the press when we were killing teams. But when the wins aren't piling up as fast as we'd like all of a sudden the same things he said in the media when we were winning get under some people's skin. 

42 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Ikr....it may not be up 100% up to Gus...I am sure he wants one of his most talented players back by fall. What coach would not? I see no problem with his answer. If KD he does not show up for fall (which I hope he does because he is an elite talent) but if not then next man up.....

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Ikr....it may not be up 100% up to Gus...I am sure he wants one of his most talented players back by fall. What coach would not? I see no problem with his answer. If KD he does not show up for fall (which I hope he does because he is an elite talent) but if not then next man up.....

The good news is that our WR group is probably as deep as it has ever been and might be the deepest of any position we have on the team so if we have to miss an elite player, I guess WR would be the position to choose. That said, KD is probably our best receiver so he can't exactly be replaced.

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Gus has earned this. 

16 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

The good news is that our WR group is probably as deep as it has ever been and might be the deepest of any position we have on the team so if we have to miss an elite player, I guess WR would be the position to choose. That said, KD is probably our best receiver so he can't exactly be replaced.

WRs have struggled in the Spring though overall. Here's to hoping they come on in the Fall.

16 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Don't forget that NCM was, at one point, the #1 high school player in the country at any position. Not saying he's better than KD... but he might be. And he looked like a monster to me at A Day. 

Just felt like sprinkling a little sunshine on the thread...

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget that NCM was, at one point, the #1 high school player in the country at any position. Not saying he's better than KD... but he might be. And he looked like a monster to me at A Day. 

Just felt like sprinkling a little sunshine on the thread...

NCM and KD would be the perfect compliment. I see KD as a possession receiver - he never seems to drop any passes and I see NCM as being the burn you long type of receiver. I definitely think this offense could go places with both of them. We can still be really good on offense without him, but we could truly have a special offense with him.

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

NCM and KD would be the perfect compliment. I see KD as a possession receiver - he never seems to drop any passes and I see NCM as being the burn you long type of receiver. I definitely think this often could go places with both of them. We can still be really good on offense without him, but we could truly have a special offense with him.

No doubt. Fingers crossed for a happy ending. No, not that... jeez, guys, come on. 

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Not me...I am always in the camp of "...Gus should keep his mouth shut as much as possible when talking about issues of health, who might start, who looked good in practice, and a dozen more things"     ..... because nothing he can say will actually advance the fortunes of Auburn's football program....JMO

33 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

NCM and KD would be the perfect compliment. I see KD as a possession receiver - he never seems to drop any passes and I see NCM as being the burn you long type of receiver. I definitely think this offense could go places with both of them. We can still be really good on offense without him, but we could truly have a special offense with him.

Hopefully a more consistent Sammie Coates. Good contrast to the big yards after catch factor of Stove.

"This Stove is RED HOT to start the game!"

Archived