Kyle Davis

weagle06

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not me...I am always in the camp of "...Gus should keep his mouth shut as much as possible when talking about issues of health, who might start, who looked good in practice, and a dozen more things"     ..... because nothing he can say will actually advance the fortunes of Auburn's football program....JMO

Absolutely true, but sometimes saying something vague and innocuous like he did can mitigate "damage" to the program. The inevitable speculation in this case wouldn't necessarily be damaging, but it could be distracting for sure and a real pain in the arse for Kyle, his family, the coaches and even his teammates. There will still be plenty of speculation, but this limits it somewhat, I'd think. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Just a hypothetical... If KD leaves does coach craig get blamed or Kodi?  lol...  just gonna get a consensus so I can take the other side. 

Is this a situation where there is blame to be placed? I didn't hear anything about him being a problem teammate or student...

2 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Boy!!! Gus can't win on this forum. If he says something, someone will say "he should have been quiet", if he don't say anything, someone will say "he should have said something". I think people need to think about what they're saying before hitting submit.

Seems I've heard somewhere that honesty is a pretty good policy.  Maybe GM should give that a try for awhile.

40 minutes ago, selias said:

Is this a situation where there is blame to be placed? I didn't hear anything about him being a problem teammate or student...

I was just making a bad joke stirring the pot.  Not much else to do until summer camps and fall practices 

35 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Seems I've heard somewhere that honesty is a pretty good policy.  Maybe GM should give that a try for awhile.

I don't think this is the type of situation where full disclosure would be appropriate. Gus is doing what he needs to do to protect his players right now.

People's feeling of entitlement never ceases to amaze me, Gus or KD don't owe us anything.   The reality is that whatever is going on is none of our business.  I am glad that it sounds like a very talented kid will be back on the field this fall that is a POSITIVE.  But if KD wanted us to know - we all know these kids know how to tweet.  Until then the coach is doing what coaches do - protect the team and protect the players.   

2 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

People's feeling of entitlement never ceases to amaze me, Gus or KD don't owe us anything.   The reality is that whatever is going on is none of our business.  I am glad that it sounds like a very talented kid will be back on the field this fall that is a POSITIVE.  But if KD wanted us to know - we all know these kids know how to tweet.  Until then the coach is doing what coaches do - protect the team and protect the players.   

This thread should be locked. You said all that needs to be said. Dammit. 

I am going to expect the best out of this situation , Can't wait until he is suited up in the fall .

3 hours ago, thaitopher said:

NCM and KD would be the perfect compliment. I see KD as a possession receiver - he never seems to drop any passes and I see NCM as being the burn you long type of receiver. I definitely think this offense could go places with both of them. We can still be really good on offense without him, but we could truly have a special offense with him.

Yes we see what NCM has the potential to do with a qb like Stidham..We can only imagine what kd is capable of...Catches like the one against ark state and many more..possibly

30 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

I could not say it any better than you did well said!!!!!! All this KD talk was discussed to death as spring ball was about to start when CGM made the original announcement.

Lock this up and let the kid be.

Like I said on the previous thread about this, the actual situation is none of our business, and very personal.  We need to leave this subject alone and not speculate as it only makes things worse, especially over personal matters.  Cannot blame anyone on this either.  I wish KD the best, and hope to see him back at some point.  I know he and his family love Auburn dearly.  I agree with AlaskanFAN to lock this thread up out of respect for Kyle.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No doubt. Fingers crossed for a happy ending. No, not that... jeez, guys, come on. 

Nothing wrong with a happy ending!!!

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I was just making a bad joke stirring the pot.  Not much else to do until summer camps and fall practices 

I think you are on to something and odds are about 50 : 50 that you will be correct one way or the other. 

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Just a hypothetical... If KD leaves does coach craig get blamed or Kodi?  lol...  just gonna get a consensus so I can take the other side. 

both do damn it

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

I thought it was funny

Man, what a tough crowd on this board. If CGM is asked what is the status of KD, what's he supposed to say? Does he say, "Gee, I don't have a clue, go ask Kyle"? Or does he say, "I have no comment. Next question." Or does he say, "Well gee, he might return and he might not, your guess is as good as mine"? Or does he say, "We expect him to be with the team in for fall practice"? Or does he say, "You ought to be reporting on the leaks out of this department!"?

The answer he gave was truthful and answered the question.

So, is K. Davis on campus and attending class or is he at home taking care of whatever it is that needs to be taken care of? I don't think he can be doing both at once.

Archived