3 Softball players Suspended (2nd Update 4/27/17)

2 minutes ago, au75 said:

The team chemistry has not been the same as it was last year.  The girls need to decide what this team will do fold or win.  :wareagle:

Losing all of the seniors who were vital to the rise of this program will do that. Two of your vocal leaders and spark plugs in Carasone and Howard are almost irreplaceable. And not having all three of those bats in the lineup has proved to be irreplaceable so far this year. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What was Corey's situation?

Ummmm, the Corey thread was locked because of speculation/allegations/rumors.  But when he was a coach on the national championship runner up team and the heir apparent to take over HC when pops retires out of nowhere resigns to "focus on family", rumors will fly.  

The Fagan thread was locked when rumors/alleged prior issues about her siblings were brought forth.  So I'm sure this thread will be locked down once stuff gets too heated in here. There's no point in airing our dirty laundry on our own forum, that's what our rivals are for.

36 minutes ago, boomstick said:

The one that caused him to abruptly resign from the softball team. "Rumors" get threads or comments deleted quickly around here apparently.

Because its been one of the rules here for over 15 years.   #5

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

According to JGT, it was at a residence they were busted.  So somebody snitched on them.

It's 2 weeks before the Bama matchup, it had to be the REC. >:(

Fagan needs to set better examples for the younger girls and be a better leader. She is a senior for goodness sakes. This seems to be what this team is lacking is no emotional or vocal leaders like past years. This is wild tho womens athletes getting popped and it being news like the person said above. I do not recall ever remembering any of our female athletes getting arrested and us hearing about it before. We will get past this tho. Clint Myers will use this to rally the team. WAR EAGLE!

Said thing is when I heard 3 players were caught for this I guessed 2 right straight off the bat. I sure hope these girls mature up eventually for their own sake.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Said thing is when I heard 3 players were caught for this I guessed 2 right straight off the bat. I sure hope these girls mature up eventually for their own sake.

mmmmmmm same here on both accounts. Martin is only a sophmore so I have a good feeling this sort of thing will never happen with her again!

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Martin is only a sophmore so I have a good feeling this sort of thing will never happen with her again!

IDK. She's a different bird and plays the beats to her own drum. I'm not in any way saying she is a bad person FTR.

Just now, ellitor said:

IDK. She's a different bird and plays the beats to her own drum. She was my 2nd guess. I'm not in any way saying she is a bad person FTR.

Nah I get what you mean totally. She has that laid back chill cali lifestyle! haha. 

Like others said, regardless of your view on the legalization debate, if something is against school and/or team rules, you do not do it. Plain and simple. When you do something like this, it tells me, as a coach, you are a selfish teammate.

2 of our areas of concern just took a hit. Experienced depth at pitcher, and sluggers. Marisette was one of the first ones sent in to pinch run.  Being on the road forces you to focus a little more and the trip may be good timing. I am hoping the girls come out ready to play. It is a good opportunity for Ashley, Jenna and Whitney to step up and take a lineup spot. Maybe Justus can get a few more swings when Jenna pitches. 

It's illegal.  Plain and simple.  College is to develop you into being a self disciplined, well educated, and well rounded individual with social skills to excel in the work force.  If I were to "get caught" I'd get fired.  

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

It's illegal in this state.  Plain and simple.  College is to develop you into being a self disciplined, well educated, and well rounded individual with social skills to excel in the work force.  If I were to "get caught" I'd get fired.  

FIFY

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FIFY

You didn't fix anything. Why must you always be trying to correct people's posts that Do NOT need correcting? Isn't there enough truly erroneous information around to keep you fully occupied?

Unfortunately, this is just an extension of a trend that started some years back. There are good laws and bad laws, but until they are amended or done away with, they are the law of the Municipality, County, State, etc. If we don't like it, we can work to change a law, however, until changed, if we violate we pay the price. I don't like to drive the speed limit, but I accept the fact that if I am rolling down the road and an officer drops the blue light on me I will pay a fine. We do not get to pick which laws we will obey without consequences. Doesn't have anything to do with College Athletics, it has to do with the laws in place and until recent years we have been a nation of law.

I sincerely hope that others will step up and take the lead in turning this team around and pull them together. They have several good players and still have an opportunity to get into the post season. Let's focus on those who care and want to represent Auburn by cheering the Team forward. WDE & IGTBAAT

It's interesting how, whenever one of our teams is not performing quite to expectation, something like this always seems to pop up. It just goes to show you how just a few who choose to swim against the current can take away that edge.

So has Coach Meyers made any statement on this? I would like to hear from him. 

And what is the best guess for how long they will be suspended? Is it AU policy AND team policy that comes into play here?

Sorry for Coach Meyers. Such a lot of pressure after all the success of last year. How things change quickly...

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

According to JGT, it was at a residence they were busted.  So somebody snitched on them.

This smells, someone with a grudge ratted them out.  Regardless against policy.

30 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think an indefinite suspension is a pretty good example of how he likes to make statements. Makes his point and doesn't draw any more undue attention to the rest of the team.

How many times do these youngsters have to see somebody else get arrested in a drug or alcohol related offense to realize that they don't, under any circumstance, need to get involved! Just say no! How smart do you have to be at the time the situation is presented to you to think for just a minute, if I do this and get caught, it will jeopardize or just plain ruin my career or even my life? I just don't get it.

Nick Marshall missed one half of a football game. 1/24 of a regular season. Other players missed more some missed none at all. Maybe they'll work it out.  

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

And what is the best guess for how long they will be suspended? Is it AU policy AND team policy that comes into play here?

Sorry for Coach Meyers. Such a lot of pressure after all the success of last year. How things change quickly...

You nailed it with the CM point. There is the AU policy and then the CM policy. Each coach has their own policy for their respective team. He is older and has done this longer than anyone at Auburn. Some coaches change their policy based upon the player and the position of the team with respect to conference championship, playoffs and national championships. We will see what he does......

50 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

This smells, someone with a grudge ratted them out.  Regardless against policy.

Not necessarily, someone could have called in a noise complaint or a fight. 

Archived