3 Softball players Suspended (2nd Update 4/27/17)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess Fagan wanted to follow in the path of her sisters.   She looks pretty bad now acting as if her sisters were mistreated at Florida.  Maybe they all have discipline issues.   Sad that players who are given such a gift screw it up by being so stupid.

One of them should have been dealt with earlier in the season, instead was given a green light.  Have heard stuff for a while about her, not surprised at all

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Aweful. Can't keep these kids off this stuff. 

Honestly, I don't really GAS about weed, but the stuff is still illegal and it's still against Auburn's drug policy.  To do this and risk being suspended for a key game or series is just extremely selfish.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, I don't really GAS about weed, but the stuff is still illegal and it's still against Auburn's drug policy.  To do this and risk being suspended for a key game or series is just extremely selfish.

Completely agree, and it's in all sports on every campus. 

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

According to JGT, it was at a residence they were busted.  So somebody snitched on them.

Who or what is JGT, please?

6 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Who or what is JGT, please?

the best reporter on the Auburn beat honestly. He is the most plugged in and not afraid to divulge information like the sunshine pumper express Pmarsh is.

Just now, Gibson SG said:

I guess that opens the door for Swindle as the Saturday starter.  Good for her.

That is certainly one way to look at it! I dig it! Getting a positive out of a bad situation. War Eagle! She is going to be a beast for us. Only a matter of time.

Just now, Gibson SG said:

I guess that opens the door for Swindle as the Saturday starter.  Good for her.

Nothing against her (and I hope she proves me wrong), but I don't think that's a good thing for the team. I just don't think she's ready for SEC hitters. We might have to see Jenna Abbott some as well. 

Do you think they get a similar treatment as recent football players.  We had some guys arrested last year that I don't recall missing a whole lot of time.  Nick missed a half a game.

Really hate it for the other players on the team. 1st Corey & now this. Hope they can step up this weekend, but that may be asking a lot. After the football team limped to the end of the season, after the men's & women's basketball teams limped to the ends of their seasons, my mom commented that she hoped the softball team wouldn't also be a disappointment. I told her I didn't believe that would happen. Here's hoping it still doesn't happen, but it's not looking good right now. Rats!

Well.....that's just dumb and selfish. :no:

Fagan has been an issue for a while now.  And honestly, her performance the last few weeks, even before the Florida fiasco, has not been stellar.  I am assuming Whitney Jordan will step in at SS as she did last year.  Swindle and Abbott will have to take up the slack left by Martin.  I am truly disappointed in these three and hope Coach Myers makes an example of them for the rest of the team.

Does this help with the possible team chemistry issues?

Please check ________ Yes or ________ No 

Good Grief!

(Hey!  Student athletes!  For the love of pete ... can you not wait until your eligibility is over before getting stoned?!)

59 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Fagan has been an issue for a while now.  And honestly, her performance the last few weeks, even before the Florida fiasco, has not been stellar.  I am assuming Whitney Jordan will step in at SS as she did last year.  Swindle and Abbott will have to take up the slack left by Martin.  I am truly disappointed in these three and hope Coach Myers makes them an example for the rest of the team.

Fagan is hitting .318 in conference play and is top 10 in the entire league in OBP and runs scored. She's made 5 errors in league play, which is a knock, but it's not like she's marred in some slump and isn't producing at all. I get some people don't agree with how she handled the Florida/Tim Walton situation and don't like that she was arrested for marijuana possession, but she's been playing pretty well all season. Leadership might be an issue, no rumors here.

The price of going big time in a sport....players misbehaving and anyone actually giving a D about it......breaking new ground to involve female athletes in stuff like this.

Somewhere among those 3 is a ring leader .....all paying the price for being stupid and disloyal to their team mates.  

48 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Fagan is hitting .318 in conference play and is top 10 in the entire league in OBP and runs scored. She's made 5 errors in league play, which is a knock, but it's not like she's marred in some slump and isn't producing at all. I get some people don't agree with how she handled the Florida/Tim Walton situation and don't like that she was arrested for marijuana possession, but she's been playing pretty well all season. Leadership might be an issue, no rumors here This is a bad look for her, but let's not get carried away like she's been a problem all season.

What was Corey's situation?

Just now, AUDevil said:

What was Corey's situation?

The one that caused him to abruptly resign from the softball team. "Rumors" get threads or comments deleted quickly around here apparently.

The team chemistry has not been the same as it was last year.  The girls need to decide what this team will do fold or win.  :wareagle:

Very disappointing. Despite how you feel on pot, it is against team rules and this was a very selfish thing that they did. Sad.

Archived