3 Softball players Suspended (2nd Update 4/27/17)

My guess is they miss this weekend's series and perhaps the midweek game next week.  I don't think it would be more than that, but it *might* extend to next weekend's series as well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you Titan for the time out for the girls.  Hope this will bring the team together for a good weekend in SC.  :wareagle:

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

You didn't fix anything. Why must you always be trying to correct people's posts that Do NOT need correcting? Isn't there enough truly erroneous information around to keep you fully occupied?

Not sure if you were joking or being sarcastic - but this seemed a bit harsh and unnecessary. FWIW, he DID fix it.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed in Fagan and Martin. I follow both on Instagram and Martin in particular seems like a pretty decent person. Considering our lack of depth at pitching, losing her for any amount of time hurts. Hopefully she'll straighten up and there won't be any issues from here on out.

Fagan might have seen the field for the last time though. :/

i dont pretend to know anything about these kids ... but dont let the "public" face of instagram give you an indication of kids nowadays.  significant numbers of kids have 2nd "spam" accounts that are much smaller friend circles ... that is where they show a little more of their true nature.  at least the high school kids do.  

a little unsolicited parenting advice to some young parents.  review your kids 1st AND 2nd accounts.  your kid may be great, but you'll get a better feel for their friends and acquaintances by looking at those secondary accounts.

12 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Word on the street is that a big meeting today with AD and Softball brass just wrapped...should start hearing some things shortly. 

Interesting. Any idea what the gist of the meeting was about? Certainly doesn't seem positive with the timing.

35 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Interesting. Any idea what the gist of the meeting was about? Certainly doesn't seem positive with the timing.

From what I've read elsewhere the team is already in Columbia SC for the game tonight .....someone must have stayed over or come back for the meeting.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

From what I've read elsewhere the team is already in Columbia SC for the game tonight .....someone must have stayed over or come back for the meeting.

Maybe it didn't involve anyone from the coaching staff, just some important people to the softball program, perhaps? 

8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Maybe it didn't involve anyone from the coaching staff, just some important people to the softball program, perhaps? 

Game will be under way pretty soon...guess we might hear something then...:dunno:   if there is anything to hear....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

It's much more likely the meeting (if it actually took place) occurred in Columbia.  It's not out of the question for the AD to go to visiting parks.   Besides, the team went to Columbia yesterday.

On 4/20/2017 at 3:06 PM, TitanTiger said:

According to JGT, it was at a residence they were busted.  So somebody snitched on them.

Not necessarily.  If it was a residence it could have very well established a reputation and its very possible the police were watching this place for a while and just chose that night to move on it.  

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Not necessarily.  If it was a residence it could have very well established a reputation and its very possible the police were watching this place for a while and just chose that night to move on it.  

Maybe.  But I don't think any of these girls live in a known drug den.  And police aren't generally staking out places known for marijuana use.  Cocaine?  Meth?  Heroin?  Crack?  Yeah.  

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Easily could have been a noise complaint.  Cops show and smell pot ... voila, arrests made

That was my first thought. 

9 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It's interesting how, whenever one of our teams is not performing quite to expectation, What the hell are you talking about?  This team is 37-7 and ranked #7 in the country.   How is that not performing to expectations? That's just not at all grounded in any realty.  something like this always seems to pop up. It just goes to show you how just a few who choose to swim against the current can take away that edge.  Key word here is CAN, we have no idea how the team will respond after this.  Let's wait and see.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe.  But I don't think any of these girls live in a known drug den.  And police aren't generally staking out places known for marijuana use.  Cocaine?  Meth?  Heroin?  Crack?  Yeah.  

It didn't say it was one of the girls residences.  It said it was a residence, as in it could have been anybody's and they were visiting.

Every one of those drugs have one thing in common. They are all equally Illegal.  Police are just as likely to stake out a place for Marijuana as they would for any illegal drug. 

13 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

It didn't say it was one of the girls residences.  It said it was a residence, as in it could have been anybody's and they were visiting.

Every one of those drugs have one thing in common. They are all equally Illegal.  Police are just as likely to stake out a place for Marijuana as they would for any illegal drug. 

No, they really aren't.  I'm not saying they never stake out places over MJ, but they definitely have bigger fish to fry.  It's down the list compared to other more dangerous drugs.

Should be decriminalized. I hate to see kid's lives destroyed by a criminal record for personal possession if that's what it turns out to be. I guess we'll see as more facts come out.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Can we just legalize pot for crying out loud?!

If we do legalize pot we need a way to arrest people for driving while intoxicated just like we do for alcohol. It is a little harder to detect and do field tests on. No breathalyzer. Even if detected how much would show you are intoxicated and how long does it stay in your system and impairs you.

23 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

Should be decriminalized. I hate to see kid's lives destroyed by a criminal record for personal possession if that's what it turns out to be. I guess we'll see as more facts come out.

They may have some temporary difficulties and may lose out on some near term opportunities but come on ... nobodies lives are destroyed because of THIS. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Can we just legalize pot for crying out loud?!

Yes, because that's what you do when people can't obey the law. You change the law. Sorry but I can't get past the fact the girls just couldn't follow team rules. 

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

They may have some temporary difficulties and may lose out on some near term opportunities but come on ... nobodies lives are destroyed because of THIS. 

Plenty of people's lives have been destroyed by being busted for pot... either legally or just getting fired for failing a drug test.  

I may be in the minority here but I thought no we need stronger laws for drugs, alcohol, and tobacco (heck even throw sodas in there) then more lenient laws.  Just because people want to do things doesn't mean they are good for you.  And this is from someone who wants very small government so I feel pretty strongly about this.  

Here's a good question for you all...  would you want your mom smoking weed?  Would you want your kids?  

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

You didn't fix anything. Why must you always be trying to correct people's posts that Do NOT need correcting? Isn't there enough truly erroneous information around to keep you fully occupied?

It's who I am. You are wasting your breathe just like the 9000000 trillion times you have said the same thing. I am not going to change Mikey. Just accept it like I have. I'm not proud of it. It's just who I am.

Archived