ESPN on air personalities take another hit

AU64

All of you folks on here bashing or stereotyping liberals need to remember that there are lots of liberals who attend or have attended Auburn.

You could easily fall into what you accuse liberals of.

Ps. FOX is not the way to get your political news. Let's get back to ESPN and less biased media talk

28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

All of you folks on here bashing or stereotyping liberals need to remember that there are lots of liberals who attend or have attended Auburn.

Ps. FOX is not the way to get your political news. Let's get back to ESPN and less biased media talk

portland, or eh?! this statements checks out! haha Just messing friend! No need for friendly fire. ESPN is clearly biased. I assume all of us would want our sports coverage to not be leaning either way and be about well ya know SPORTS! People know what news channels to check out if they are looking for political talk that lines up with their beliefs.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

portland, or eh?! this statements checks out! haha Just messing friend! No need for friendly fire. ESPN is clearly biased. I assume all of us would want our sports coverage to not be leaning either way and be about well ya know SPORTS! People know what news channels to check out if they are looking for political talk that lines up with their beliefs.

Yeah man. I hear ya. I respect your views on here. Similar insight as well.

I think it's funny that most Auburn folks think that everyone is conservative that go there, which is not the case. It's great for the school.

Sometimes us West Coasters need to speak up.

Espn on the other hand needs to change their programming and not their on air talent. It's so clear. I know people that will watch NFL network all day long because it's sports reporting..somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah man. I hear ya. I respect your views on here. Similar insight as well.

I think it's funny that all Auburn folks think that everyone is conservative which is not the case and it's great for the school.

Espn on the hand needs to change their programming and not their on air talent. It's so clear. I know people that will watch NFL network all day long because it's sports reporting..somewhat.

you got to admit tho majority of sec fans are conservative for the most part. %'s?? no idea but there is a big difference I would expect. But yes! of course there is def non conservatives at Auburn and every sec school! Like you said it is good to have a different line of thinking and perspective of the world! Absolutely!! they have gone all in with trying to be social justice warriors and it has backfired for the most part I honestly do not know why they felt the need to change their formula.. Absolutely!!! Nfl Network and honestly all the sports league networks they keep it simple. They keep it about well sports!

50 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Whether you or I are conservative or liberal is not the point of (at least my) the comments being made.  The point being the views expressed, the targets acquired, the programming created by that network has been very one-sided the last several years.  

When a TV or radio station that is producing a product that SHOULD be "American" or "unifying" or "bipartisan" (whatever you want to call it) such as SPORTS, decides to choose a side and bang that drum, whichever direction you lean, then they're going to alienate 1/2 their base and lose viewers.

In bspn's case they're losing a lot of conservatives.  If they chose to celebrate morality, Christian beliefs, support Trump, etc, then they'd lose the some liberals and all leftists.

Either way, the point is.... Its sports programming.  They should have left social justice and politics to the Fox News and CNN channels.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you got to admit tho majority of sec fans are conservative for the most part. %'s?? no idea but there is a big difference I would expect. But yes! of course there is def non conservatives at Auburn and every sec school! Like you said it is good to have a different line of thinking and perspective of the world! Absolutely!! they have gone all in with trying to be social justice warriors and it has backfired for the most part I honestly do not know why they felt the need to change their formula.. Absolutely!!! Nfl Network and honestly all the sports league networks they keep it simple. They keep it about well sports!

Totally agree. 

I think espn felt the pressure when they signed their big deals. That  changed their programming and they messed up by letting the 30 for 30 guy go. They're no longer the automatic channel at 5pm because of competition, Variety, and stale programming.

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Whether you or I are conservative or liberal is not the point of (at least my) the comments being made.  The point being the views expressed, the targets acquired, the programming created by that network has been very one-sided the last several years.  

When a TV or radio station that is producing a product that SHOULD be "American" or "unifying" or "bipartisan" (whatever you want to call it) such as SPORTS, decides to choose a side and bang that drum, whichever direction you lean, then they're going to alienate 1/2 their base and lose viewers.

In bspn's case they're losing a lot of conservatives.  If they chose to celebrate morality, Christian beliefs, support Trump, etc, then they'd lose the some liberals and all leftists.

Either way, the point is.... Its sports programming.  They should have left social justice and politics to the Fox News and CNN channels.

I agree. I'm not sure how you gather that just from tv however.

I was just wanting people to recognize on here that the south and republican south is not a bubble .

Glad we agree.

W.E.

On 4/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:
Interestingly I had lunch yesterday with my pastor who is Danny Kanell's brother-in-law.  Kanell is a born again believer and had been warned at various levels within the organization that even his personal tweets on Easter were offensive and problematic.  ESPN notified him and gave him 30 minutes to collect his belongings and get out.  Just one more in a long list of reasons to hate that beast.

I really don't want to believe this...I love espn but this is bullcrap

russillo sticks up for his boy Kanell. I love it. I am sure his bosses did not.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, GwillMac6 said:

none of that would matter honestly if there was not the cord cutting option. So many people pay for espn who never even watch sports. That is what this all comes back to. People can say they do not watch espn all they want if they have cable or satellite but guess what? They are still making money off of you. I def agree people are tired about wanting to go watch sports and them turning it in to shoving their political agenda down our throats. People want to get away from that when they watch sports. There is WAY MORE politics fatigue imo after this election cycle was the most cutthroat ever. But it all comes back to because of cord cutting they are losing 10k subscribers a day and they have lost 13 million since 2011 when they had 100 million subscribers. They are down to 87 and keep on losing more and more as we speak. Their business module is dead. There is no great programing in the world they can do to turn it around.

This bolded part + the incredibly high rights fees for content are the only reasons ESPN had to do the layoffs.  People are consuming media across many platforms now and traditional television is quickly becoming less important to the average household, meaning cable subscriptions decrease.

Believe it or not, their opinion shows (which I strongly dislike) are some of their most popular programs.  Look at the ratings for First Take.  They are off the charts for the time slot.

• 2 months later...

Archived