Baseball vs. Arkansas - game 1.

JOSH ANTHONY BREAKS LOOSE!!!! 3-run HR and the announcer straight called it. Announcer goes "Anthony is a good matchup against a sinker-ball pitcher his swing plane works perfectly for this pitch" Second pitch the ball leaves the park.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony drives one DEEP to left center and its OFF THE SCOREBOARD.   Anthony's first homer of the season.   Auburn leads 13-2.  Great swing.

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

JOSH ANTHONY BREAKS LOOSE!!!! 3-run HR and the announcer straight called it. Announcer goes "Anthony is a good matchup against a sinker-ball pitcher his swing plane works perfectly for this pitch" Second pitch the ball leaves the park.

did you know that is gabe gross?

Just now, mustache eagle said:

did you know that is gabe gross?

I knew it was an auburn player but i missed the first inning and didn't hear the introductions.

Keegan Thompson didn't miss a beat after sitting through that long half inning.  Ridiculous 3-2 curve ball for the strikeout to end the inning.  Who throws a breaking ball in a 3-2 count with an 11 run lead.  I guess when the coach doesn't call pitches Blake Logan gets to have all the fun he wants.  Another reason to absolutely love Butch Thompson.

14 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

I knew it was an auburn player but i missed the first inning and didn't hear the introductions.

sorry! i was wrong.  they said "Mark" so i looked it up and apparently (i assume) it is mark fuller who pitched at auburn

roberts bloops to short stop for 1 out

arky changes catcher and announcer makes a comment about how fat he is ... funny comment

connor davis long liner to left center and stands up at 2nd

HOMERUN for ingram

15-2!

Ingram with a 2 run HR! I'm thinking getting benched shook him up and let him reevalutate his approach he's swinging much sweeter now. Also anyone watching, does anyone know what that glove is that connor davis puts on his hand when he's on base? It looks like a mitten, maybe protects his hand from getting stepped on?

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Davis crushed it and its GONE.  Auburn leads 15-2.  

Davis hit the double to left center, ingram crushed hit straight away center.

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

Also anyone watching, does anyone know what that glove is that connor davis puts on his hand when he's on base? It looks like a mitten, maybe protects his hand from getting stepped on?

I heard at the KSU game this week he recently broke his pinkie on that hand.  Not sure if that's correct but it is definitely to protect that hand.

Just now, wareagle13 said:

Ingram with a 2 run HR! I'm thinking getting benched shook him up and let him reevalutate his approach he's swinging much sweeter now. Also anyone watching, does anyone know what that glove is that connor davis puts on his hand when he's on base? It looks like a mitten, maybe protects his hand from getting stepped on?

dont know.  even my kid asked about it a couple games ago.

9 homeruns in auburns last 6 games

anthony strikes out looking

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

throwing error by arky 2nd baseman

jarvis safe at 1st and jarvis was hauling ass to 1st like it was tied in the 9th.  great hustle

BBM....

It's all those little things that have been coached into this team and it has made a huge difference.

18 first pitch strikes by keegan through second batter in 6th inning.

strikes out first batter.  was 6th strike out.  no walks tonight.

strikes out second batter.  announcers say he only went to a 3 ball count twice tonight!

3rd batter lines up middle after 9 straight sat down

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

Looks like a beautiful night, but a lot of empty seats. Wonder what the deal is. Finals don't start till the following weekend.

isnt the concert tomorrow?  maybe people were holding up till tomorrows game to make the trip?

15-2

Archived