Baseball vs. Arkansas - game 1.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm hoping that's it for Keegan.  Surely that bull pen can hold a 12 run lead for three innings.  Right??

Auburn bullpen, "hold my beer."

calvin coker warming up for auburn.  will most likely start 7th.

grounder to 3rd. one out.

todd nice line drive to right but running catch. 2 outs.

estes walks

roberts lines to right field corner.  stand up double.  man on 2nd and 3rd.

Calvin Coker following the script.  Pretty clean inning there, got behind in the count to one batter and had to groove one.  Everything else he's pitching ahead in the count and really effective.  Very nice.

Calvin Coker puts the first two on and then gets the next three out.  Well done.

Final - Auburn 15  Arkansas 2

Can't sweep if you don't win the first two, Looking for Davis Daniel to be even better than last week.

15-2 the final, coker likely not gonna be available until sunday at the minimum. Shame we couldn't get to chase Arkansas's reliever he did a great job coming in and saving their bullpen.

Wish we could have pulled off the trifecta and crushed them in basketball too. 

War Damn Eagle!

I can't remember the last time an Auburn baseball team wore out a good SEC opponent like that . They came out slugging and the pigs never knew what hit him.  Hope that is a fore taste of a really great weekend. 

58 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And if we were playing home run derby?  We beat 'em 2-0...wouldn't know which team was leading the conference in big fly's and who was dead last by this one.

We hit 3 bombs. D-Rob, Josh Anthony, & Dylan Ingram.

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

sorry! i was wrong.  they said "Mark" so i looked it up and apparently (i assume) it is mark fuller who pitched at auburn

Yeah, Mark Fuller has been doing a lot of the color for the SECN broadcasts this year. His son, Brooks, is a LHP who is committed to us. Mark runs the Sports Academy in Opelika. He knows his stuff.

2 hours ago, wareagle13 said:

Ingram with a 2 run HR! I'm thinking getting benched shook him up and let him reevalutate his approach he's swinging much sweeter now. Also anyone watching, does anyone know what that glove is that connor davis puts on his hand when he's on base? It looks like a mitten, maybe protects his hand from getting stepped on?

It's a sleeve to protect their lead hand when sliding or diving into bases. Helps protect the fingers from cleats or corners of bases. I think we have a few players that wear them. Pretty sure Jarvis has worn it this season. 

Or we can simply win our remaining series, which include miss st and turds ... and the other 2 west teams who are close to us ... the results are in our hands so just win baby!

Archived