Softball vs. South Carolina - game 2

Draper is a leadoff...she can NOT be looking at third strikes...She HAS to put the ball in play...

THis team really lacks one major thing...timely hitting with runners on...Our team batting must be near the bottom of the league...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Draper is a leadoff...she can NOT be looking at third strikes...She HAS to put the ball in play...

THis team really lacks one major thing...timely hitting with runners on...Our team batting must be near the bottom of the league...

Agreed but I'm fairly certain a slap hitter cannot reach the pitch she was called out on. 

Auburn gets out of it after the error puts a runner in scoring position.    After 6 complete, Auburn leads 2-0.     Cooper, Wallace and Rivera up.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Auburn gets out of it after the error puts a runner in scoring position.    After 6 complete, Auburn leads 2-0.     Cooper, Wallace and Rivera up.

Who was the error on ?

Just now, AUMASTERS said:

Who was the error on ?

it was either McCrackin or Whitney Jordan, not sure which one they charged it too. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

it was either McCrackin or Whitney Jordan, not sure which one they charged it too.

Thanks.

Carlson gets the strikeout swinging to end it.  FINAL   AUBURN WINS 2-0.    lots of people were saying 2 runs wouldn't be enough to win today.    It was apparently enough.  WAR EAGLE!!!   Swindle pitched terrific today.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Carlson gets the strikeout swinging to end it.  FINAL   AUBURN WINS 2-0.    lots of people were saying 2 runs wouldn't be enough to win today.    It was apparently enough.  WAR EAGLE!!!   Swindle pitched terrific today.

I was one of them..lol. Never thought Swindle could keep them from scoring just enough to make it interesting. 

Either she is getting better or SC is a really bad hitting team. 2 shutouts in a row...

Proud of Swindle for sure as it was her first start in SEC...she did great. And Carlson..she is top of her game right now.. starting or relieving..doesnt matter to her....

Very very nice win for the ladies...under tough circumstances for this team and coaches...

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Yuck. Only one run with the bases loaded and no outs. Probably not going to win this one with 2 runs tonight. 

Hey moron, you are wrong. Again.

16 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I think I was the only one to say it. But yes, I was clearly wrong. Glad 2 was enough again, but I'm not super thrilled with having to have Carlson close it out. I don't think it will affect her too much, but it would sure be great if AU could pick up a few more runs to make it less stressful on the pitchers.

WAYDAGO, SWINDLE!  Way better than I expected to see.  Was hoping Coach would leave her in for the CG.  I thought she had 'em nailed down.  Maybe he was just making sure she got the W.  Psychological stuff not my forte.  This reminded me of the Washington game against Alvelo.  Was hoping we'd get about 17 runs in the first while we had her shaky.  Once Blue found her groove, we couldn't do much . . . except for Veach.

Would have been nice to get a complete game for Swindle but can't imagine that little bit of work will affect Carlson for her next game.   The past few years wei've watched some of these pitchers throw a full game two or three days in a row.  

JMO but not a bad plan...once AU got a bit of a lead, assure that USCe did not make a quick rally that took the win away.

This team responds so well to adversity!!! Not our best team lately for sure in terms of talent but there is this grit this team has where when you think they are out they prove us all wrong! War Eagle ladies!

20 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Hey moron, you are wrong. Again.

Don't be so harsh. I'll bet most of the time you two are thinking the exact same thing. ;)

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Don't be so harsh. I'll bet most of the time you two are thinking the exact same thing. ;)

I'm actually speaking for @WarTiger since he didn't want to name me directly.

Archived