4.              Florida St. (41-3-1)
5.           Auburn (37-7)
6.              Washington (32-10)
7.              Oregon (37-4)
8.              Minnesota (40-3)
9.              Tennessee (39-5)
10.            UCLA (30-12)

Rest of article here:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/article/2017-04-22/ncaa-softball-championship-committee-announces-first-top-10-ranking?cid=ncaasoftballsocial_tw_sf72550200

Bunch of familiar looking names....hard for a new school to break into the ranks of teams that have been very good for a number of years...AU's climb has been remarkable.

AU may be getting benefit of some very good west coast teams beating up on each other.   Washington with 10 losses....but looked dang good against us and wreaked a little havoc at UAB and Bama recently.

Looks like the  SEC is top conference with 4 of the top 10....though the PAC 12 also has 4 ranked cumulatively a bit lower. 

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So If the season ended yesterday we would be in the FSU Super Region. Interesting.

Seems we just have a destiny with FSU....

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So If the season ended yesterday we would be in the FSU Super Region. Interesting.

I'm missing something. I thought top 8 hosted supers. 

11 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I'm missing something. I thought top 8 hosted supers. 

You're not & they do. I was thinking WCWS but typed Super Regional. lol

Arizona has beaten Oregon twice since these rankings were decided, and Tennessee has beaten LSU twice.  Washington has beaten uat twice.

Important to note 2 things here.  There is a second top 10 released in a few weeks.  They also have no bearing on the final bracket.

This is the first of two rankings the committee will unveil, with the second announcement occurring on May 6, during the Auburn vs. Alabama game. First pitch for that game is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.

These ranking announcements will have no bearing on the final bracket, which will be revealed at 10 p.m. ET Sunday, May 14, on the NCAA Division I Softball Selection Show, aired on ESPNU.

8 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Important to note 2 things here.  There is a second top 10 released in a few weeks.  They also have no bearing on the final bracket.

This is the first of two rankings the committee will unveil, with the second announcement occurring on May 6, during the Auburn vs. Alabama game. First pitch for that game is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.

These ranking announcements will have no bearing on the final bracket, which will be revealed at 10 p.m. ET Sunday, May 14, on the NCAA Division I Softball Selection Show, aired on ESPNU.

They may have no bearing but they should be a good indicator of what the Top 8 national seeds will be, Conference tourneys pending of course.

Archived