Great Auburn Moments

augolf1716

Thanks for that Golf. Love the older clips especially. I get annoyed at some things that Coach Dye says from time to time but I thank God he came to Auburn at the time he came. He understood what Auburn needed and he delivered. 

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Other things Golf has personally attended.

pyramid_building.jpg
Noahs%20Ark%20The%20Real%20Story.jpeg

2001-el-monolito.jpeg

an autotroph that "began to drool" at just the thought of potential Bare Naked Ladies?

Man, we have had some GREAT RBs at Auburn. I miss the combination of power and speed we had in players like Brad Lester, Ben Tate, and Ronnie Williams. Those guys would run you over and just keep going. Great balance, great drive, and just loved to punish DBs! :D

Also - that 2004 LSU game cemented my love and conviction to Auburn football and the entire Auburn family. The 4th down conversion by Taylor and then shortly after the go-ahead TD ignited a frenzy in the Auburn faithful and we didn't even know what a magical season we were in store for, but man did we ever start to believe it was possible after that game!

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was a bigger fan of Cadillac Brown, myself.

Carnell was shifty and speedy but I loved Ronnie a little more. They were a crazy good 1-2 punch!

5 hours ago, Linayus said:

Ronnie Williams.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Cadillac Brown

3 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Carnell was shifty and speedy but I loved Ronnie a little more. They were a crazy good 1-2 punch!

I was just having some fun. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was just having some fun. 

:bow: Sad that I STILL didn't catch that. :D

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was a bigger fan of Cadillac Brown, myself.

In the late 70's it was all about James Crooks. ( Joe Cribbs and James Brooks played in the same backfield for those of you too young). 

20 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

In the late 70's it was all about James Crooks. ( Joe Cribbs and James Brooks played in the same backfield for those of you too young). 

Don't know about Crooks but "little Jimmy Brooks" (as Howard Cosell might say) is one of my all time faves?

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Don't forget in 1978 we had William Andrews, James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, and Charlie Trotman and didn't run the wishbone. Still bothers me today.

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Don't forget in 1978 we had William Andrews, James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, and Charlie Trotman and didn't run the wishbone. Still bothers me today.

Not sure which two were playing against each other in the game I was watching but a television announcer said that he could not understand how Auburn did not win a National Championship with all three of them in one backfield. Thousands of Auburn fans knew the answer...Doug Barfield.

51 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not sure which two were playing against each other in the game I was watching but a television announcer said that he could not understand how Auburn did not win a National Championship with all three of them in one backfield. Thousands of Auburn fans knew the answer...Doug Barfield.

having Bear Underwood as DC did not help.

My favorite auburn moment (that i was actually at the game) would of been the 1994 LSU "Interception Game." The first 3 quarters were not all that much fun. We had the nations longest winning streak. It looked like it was about to end... Then the 4th quarter was the most incredible quarter of any football game ive ever seen...

Of course my favorite auburn moment was beating Oregon for the BCS championship. But that i watched on tv, not in person.

When I was a kid the 93 Iron Bowl sticks out.  I listened to the entire game on the radio because of probation.  There wasn't a better announcer than Jim Fyffe

94 Florida game in the swamp against the #1 team.  Again Nix to Sanders and the cardiac cats.

97 iron bowl that was all but lost till scissum fumbled to set up Holmes's field goal.

2001 Florida when I was a student.  Post 9/11 with a hurricane looming and no chance against Florida.  Duval's fg in that wind and the students rushing the field.

2005 UGA still probably the best game I've been in attendance.  Back and forth the entire game.  4&11 with the game on the line completed pass fumbled on the 2.  Wish we punched it in instead of the fg.

i could list a bunch more but I won't

22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

2001 Florida when I was a student.  Post 9/11 with a hurricane looming and no chance against Florida.  Duval's fg in that wind and the students rushing the field.

Duval.. man.. he'd be a hero one game and the most hated guy on the team the next. lol But that was a great game. Still remember watching that kick and not believing my eyes when it went through. :D

Archived