Trump vs.Clinton.....Who Would Win Today?

Proud Tiger

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This statement exemplifies the problem with our country now, from politicians down to the electorate.  It's not about what's best for the U.S. and finding compromise so that everyone can feel like government is working for them.  It's about how can my party and ideology win and screw everyone else.  Goes for both of the mainstream parties.  It's also why at least 40% of the country doesn't affiliate with either the Democratic or Republican party now, identifying instead as Independents.

Please don't group me into a (party). I take life at face value. I thought Obama did a lousy job as President. Did not like the results I saw from his leadership of our country, and believe we definitely digressed during his term. Now I'm hoping our new leader gets (our) country back on stable ground, and am very happy with the decisions he has made so far. Don't care what party he came from, just want him to do what needs to be done for the betterment of (our) country.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This statement exemplifies the problem with our country now, from politicians down to the electorate.  It's not about what's best for the U.S. and finding compromise so that everyone can feel like government is working for them.  It's about how can my party and ideology win and screw everyone else.  Goes for both of the mainstream parties.  It's also why at least 40% of the country doesn't affiliate with either the Democratic or Republican party now, identifying instead as Independents.

Modern American politics has arrived at an absolutely perfect place, for politicians.  The two parties treat each other as if the other party represents an evil force that must be stopped, and that has trickled all the way down to the electorate.  Professed ideology in the face of enemy ideology is all that matters.  Effective government, progress, and development are all secondary concerns, at best.  In this environment, the winning strategy is to oppose everything.

26 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Please don't group me into a (party). I take life at face value. I thought Obama did a lousy job as President. Did not like the results I saw from his leadership of our country, and believe we definitely digressed during his term. Now I'm hoping our new leader gets (our) country back on stable ground, and am very happy with the decisions he has made so far. Don't care what party he came from, just want him to do what needs to be done for the betterment of (our) country.

When you make comments like "The way I see it is that I took my medicine for 8 years and now everyone who is unhappy with Trump can take theirs," it's pretty natural to group you into a party.  If you don't see it that way, then cool.  But it's still a crappy way to look at our country and your fellow American, particularly considering the previous POTUS's positive approval rating when leaving office, meaning the majority of the country disagrees with your statement about Obama doing poorly.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

When you make comments like "The way I see it is that I took my medicine for 8 years and now everyone who is unhappy with Trump can take theirs," it's pretty natural to group you into a party.  If you don't see it that way, then cool.  But it's still a crappy way to look at our country and your fellow American, particularly considering the previous POTUS's positive approval rating when leaving office, meaning the majority of the country disagrees with your statement about Obama doing poorly.

Then there is also this:

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/153508-more-proof-of-dem-corruption/?do=findComment&comment=2563470

49 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Let's parse that a little.  

There are a few things Obama did (or didn't do) that disappointed me also, but I would like to know specifically what you are referring to when you say the country "digressed" and what you expect from Trump that will rectify that.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I agree.

But more importantly, it's inchoate.  "Taking your medicine" means nothing without describing exactly what your are talking about in terms of policy.

Without specifics, it's nothing more than mindless rage.  

23 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Totally forgot about the blatant racism of Argo past.

Guess that's what he meant by Obama being "politically correct" - he didn't project racism and xenophobia the way Trump does.  :-\ 

46 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

ok, fine with me

23 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Trump is a man who is focused and on a mission. His goal is to iron out the wrinkles that Obama has caused in the past 8 years. He is not politically correct, and I doubt he gives a crap what homersapien or anybody else thinks about him. That's what I like most about him.

Amen and AMEN!!!

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Amen and AMEN!!!

Thank you brother PT. The bad news is you probably just got homersapien stirred up.

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Thank you brother PT. The bad news is you probably just got homersapien stirred up.

I couldn't care less about homer. His posts are a waste of space. He has been on my ignore list for a long time.

Archived