Nate Craig-Myers

Auburn2Eugene

Hey guys! Its been a minute. I havent been around because we moved. I am no longer in Oregon but back in Alabama. I had planned on stopping at some amazing places on my journey, however none of that happened. By the time we got out of Oregon,  we were a week late, and had just over $1000. Dont know if you have ever moved acrosa country pulling a U-Haul trailer,  but we barely had the money for gas. But im back now! Ill get to see my beloved tigers play in person again, and for that i couldnt be happier.

Anyway, the point of my post:

Auburn WR Nate Craig-Myers poised for a breakout sophomore season

AUBURN, Ala. -- It was the second week of spring practice. Nate Craig-Myers stood at the podium in front of the media after practice. The local reporters all knew who he was, but some fans watching the live stream might not have recognized the 6-foot-2 wide receiver.

Some maybe knew Craig-Myers from his head shot on various recruiting sites. After all, he was a coveted recruit in the 2016 class who waited until signing day to choose Auburn over a host of other schools. There’s a good chance some fans were constantly checking his profile page back then for an update on where the No. 37 player in the ESPN 300 would land.

That was over a year ago, though. And Craig-Myers didn’t exactly do anything noteworthy during his first season on the Plains, aside from a 39-yard touchdown grab against Louisiana-Monroe with the game already in hand. It was one of just four catches he had all year.

“Sometimes you get lost,” Craig-Myers said that day at the podium back in early March. “It was just being a freshman. I feel like this year is better. I feel like I know the game now.” A month and a day later, Craig-Myers backed up those words with a breakout performance in the Auburn spring game. The sophomore didn’t look lost. Instead, he showed off the skill and athleticism that everybody raved about when he was coming out of high school. And there was chemistry between him and new quarterback Jarrett Stidham.

On their second play from scrimmage, Craig-Myers blew past the cornerback on a go route and Stidham hit him in stride for a 50-yard gain. In 2016, the Tigers completed only two passes of 50 yards or more in 13 games.

“I saw I was wide open, and I was like ‘just hit me,’” Craig-Myers said after the game. “Once you make that first play, you kind of get a feel of how your day is going to go.”

Craig-Myers made a sensational grab right before halftime, going up and hauling in a pass over the cornerback for a gain of 34. He finished the day with five receptions for a team-high 154 yards. Though it was primarily against the second-team defense, it was still a sign of progress for a guy who had failed to live up to the hype as a freshman.

It was also a sign that Craig-Myers was healthy. The star recruit acknowledged after the team’s bowl game that he was nicked up off and on throughout last season. He tried to play through the various injuries, but this spring is the first time he’s been able to play at 100 percent.

“It felt good to get out there and feel 100 percent,” Craig-Myers said.

There was opportunity, too. Tony Stevens, Auburn’s No. 1 wide receiver from a year ago, graduated. Fellow sophomore Kyle Davis, whom many tabbed as the one who would break out this coming season, missed the entire spring due to personal reasons. And while the roster is littered with other solid options at receiver, it’s hard to find a player with more natural ability than Craig-Myers, who quickly elevated to the top of the depth chart during spring practice.

But if you’re looking for the primary reason why Craig-Myers might be one of the breakout stars in the SEC next season, look no further than the guy who will likely be throwing him the ball. Stidham hasn’t won the job yet, but the former Baylor quarterback is as good a passer as Gus Malzahn has had since he’s been at Auburn. And if the spring game was any indication, it won’t be long before both Stidham and Craig-Myers become household names in the SEC. The two have an obvious connection that should make life difficult for opposing defenses.

“I feel like now, as we’re progressing, we’re getting better,” Craig-Myers said of his chemistry with Stidham. “We’re clicking on the right timing. During the summer, I still feel like we’ve still got a lot [to improve on]. But it’s a pretty good relationship.”

Some fans wouldn’t have recognized Craig-Myers at the podium this spring, and that’s OK. They’re probably not alone. For all the hype surrounding him when he came in, he caught only four passes last season.

However, if you still don’t know his face by the end of September, there’s a good chance you will be in the minority.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/129006/auburn-wr-nate-craig-myers-poised-for-a-breakout-sophomore-season

27 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Welcome back, although does this mean you'll get a new profile name?

Lol, i dont know. Should i? I mean if i can change my profile name, i probably would, but i dunno about a whole new account. It took me YEARS to get to 500 posts...

But man alive, i cant wait to see NCM absolutely torching teams next season. I dont care if its Stidham or White throwing him the ball. Im just happy as a opossum eating a persimmon about having a real down field threat again. NCM, Stove, and McClain are going to be fun to watch over the next couple seasons. As well as KD if he makes it back. Hopefully he will, but either way, NCM is my favorite of the lot.

• WarTiger changed the title to Nate Craig-Myers
3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Welcome back, although does this mean you'll get a new profile name?

Eugene2Auburn? Or Au2Eu2Au? :dunno:

Glad you made it back A2E.

I'm glad you and your family made it safely. I did get the opportunity or should I say, drew the short straw driving a 24 foot truck and towing my wife's car from Meridian, Mississippi to Phoenix, Lord I hope I never have to go back to that state, Arizona, again.

Archived