20 equals average intelligence, 10 equates to being illiterate

Ruben scored a 9!

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Huh?

BTW - Back home yet?

5 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Huh?

BTW - Back home yet?

I am. Just got back a few days ago. My trip went well, but it was uneventful. We didnt get to stop at any of the stuff i wanted to see. But i still drove through the painted desert. 

And as far as the thread... click on the link. The wonderlic is pretty much an iq test given to certain positions at the combine. Players who score a 20 have average intelligence. A score of 10 means they are illiterate. Foster scored a 9... that with his watered down ua, doesnt look too good for him

This isn't taken as seriously by NFL teams as people think so a lot of these guys barely even try.

Either way, it really doesn't matter for most positions.  A few of the positions actually show negative-correlation: Corners for instance saw impact players by and large actually score lower on the test.

Yeah, Reuben Foster isn't really smart.  Most of these guys aren't smart.

20 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Reuben-Foster-2_crop_north.png?h=533&w=8

Looks like he might have failed that drug test by taking Quaaludes,

10 hours ago, metafour said:

This isn't taken as seriously by NFL teams as people think so a lot of these guys barely even try.

Either way, it really doesn't matter for most positions.  A few of the positions actually show negative-correlation: Corners for instance saw impact players by and large actually score lower on the test.

Yeah, Reuben Foster isn't really smart.  Most of these guys aren't smart.

Doesn't matter, he knows defense and he can flat out play ball.  He'll be a millionaire within the next 24-48 hours.

17 minutes ago, keesler said:

Doesn't matter, he knows defense and he can flat out play ball.  He'll be a millionaire within the next 24-48 hours.

And likely broke weeks after leaving nfl

50 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

You sound like a supreme hater. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Almost looks like he has a cigarette in his right hand 

or a Dixie straw?

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Or the teacher asked him to get out his red crayon

Well we will see how much Bama did for him as far as film study, coverages and calling defensive alignments. He won't be able to fake it in the Not For Long league. You either understand it or you dont. 

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

Hope he has a good agent and advisor. Sad reality for many athletes. 

I was talking to a car dealer a few years ago whose brother played in the NFL for something like 10 seasons (retired at 32). I think he played on the defensive line, and I can't remember his name. Anyway, he told me that his brother saved something like 60-80% of every pay check he got, never drove a nice car, lived in a modest home, and at age 32 was able to retire before his body was ruined. Now he's 32 with no debt, a paid for home on some land, and can do whatever he wants. I can't say that I would have had that sort of discipline straight out of college, but those are the stories that I love hearing. 

58 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well we will see how much Bama did for him as far as film study, coverages and calling defensive alignments. He won't be able to fake it in the Not For Long league. You either understand it or you dont. 

Just from a spectators point of view, RF looked like he understood a pretty complex defensive system, he did alright on one of the top defenses at the college level.  He played reckless and dangerous a couple of yrs ago, but once he was the man on the D it appeared he had the head to grasp the concepts...looked like he was prepared, knew his job and executed.

42 minutes ago, keesler said:

Just from a spectators point of view, RF looked like he understood a pretty complex defensive system, he did alright on one of the top defenses at the college level.  He played reckless and dangerous a couple of yrs ago, but once he was the man on the D it appeared he had the head to grasp the concepts...looked like he was prepared, knew his job and executed.

Agree...I guess they are out there but never saw much evidence that some guys are just not bright enough to play the game....I expect it is there but it is hard to find a correlation between academic intelligence and accomplishments on the football field...especially on the defensive side. 

Have listened to enough interviews over the years where you wonder how the guy finds his way home...but he's a monster when he gets on the field.   JMO but RF will do fine....if he can stay out of trouble...which is a different story.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree...I guess they are out there but never saw much evidence that some guys are just not bright enough to play the game....I expect it is there but it is hard to find a correlation between academic intelligence and accomplishments on the football field...especially on the defensive side. 

Have listened to enough interviews over the years where you wonder how the guy finds his way home...but he's a monster when he gets on the field.   JMO but RF will do fine....if he can stay out of trouble...which is a different story.

Agreed. He has the potential to be a pro-bowler. 

Oh he'll be fine. They don't need him to break down quadratic equations or ponder the meaning of life. See ball, destroy guy with ball. 

Makes for a funny story though. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Reuben Foster Wonderlick Score
5 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Oh he'll be fine. They don't need him to break down quadratic equations or ponder the meaning of life. See ball, destroy guy with ball. 

Makes for a funny story though. 

He needs  to stay out of trouble without that Tuscaloosa bubble wrap he had protecting him the last few years. Rolondo McClain comes to mind. He may not be a bad guy but he is obviously not bright. 

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Or a sucker stick. He finished his sucker and life in the classroom got really boring. 

On 4/27/2017 at 9:21 AM, DAG said:

You sound like a supreme hater. 

Not a hater at all.  Just sad reality.  I forget the actual statistic but something like 70% of football players are broke shortly after careers end. 

Archived