Danny Kannell let go by ESPN

GwillMac6

Never a big DK fan but he was part of my everyday routine listening to Russillo and Kanell at work. He seemed like one of the nicest most genuine people and a good family man I just did not think he was particularly good at his job lol. The draw for me was always Ryen Russillo. I hope the show lives on with another co host. This was one of the few national shows to have college football a big part of its daily topics. All the rest are so pro sports oriented. It is a bloodbath at ESPN today. Clay Travis has been calling this for years.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Never a big DK fan but he was part of my everyday routine listening to Russillo and Kanell at work. He seemed like one of the nicest most genuine people and a good family man I just did not think he was particularly good at his job lol. The draw for me was always Ryen Russillo. I hope the show lives on with another co host. This was one of the few national shows to have college football a big part of its daily topics. All the rest are so pro sports oriented. It is a bloodbath at ESPN today. Clay Travis has been calling this for years.

Piece last week said about 40 were getting the axe soon....looks like it's started.  

As individuals some of these guys are fun to listen to...but as a network, ESPN's talking heads are mostly bad IMO....at least the last time I spent more than a couple minutes listening to them. ..which has been a while.....those 20 second promotions for the various shows is enough to discourage me from most of them.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Piece last week said about 40 were getting the axe soon....looks like it's started.  

As individuals some of these guys are fun to listen to...but as a network, ESPN's talking heads are mostly bad IMO....at least the last time I spent more than a couple minutes listening to them. ..which has been a while.....those 20 second promotions for the various shows is enough to discourage me from most of them.

got to be VERY selective what you listen to on espn radio or tv. There are some very good ones out there but so many of these sport shows now are more about politics then sports. I DO NOT WATCH SPORTS FOR YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS EITHER WAY! right or left. I do not care what way you are! I watch ESPN to get away from the way over saturation in the tv landscape now of politics. Espn lost a LOT of good writers today on their digital site and less of the gas bags on air. Having said all that like Clay Travis has said their model is broken and cannot be fixed with more and more people being cord cutters. They will continue to bleed money and subscribers. Just the nature of the tv business now.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have seen very little if any politics on espn. 

Sounds like your kind of station then.....but seems a lot of people disagree with you...including some folks who used to work there.

Archived