ellitor

2018 5* QB Justin Fields (Penn St)

70 posts in this topic

4_5150948.jpg

 

Kennesaw, GA (Harrison)
Ht 6-3, Wt 221, 40: 4.51, Shuttle 4.16, V-Cone 33.20
247 Profile
AU officially offered today (4/28/17)
39 offers including AU, Penn St, UGA, UF, Bama, FSU, LSU, Vols
Committed to Penn St but appears to be looking around

 

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




My take:

With Queen gone, Woody not developing as well as hoped, & Joey not having a season as QB1 yet at his high school the staff has decided to take 2 QBs in the 2018 class ($1 to @lionheartkc). AU has a real shot to make noise here IMO. His commitment appears to be shaky and of the teams in the best mix to flip him AU is the only 1 who has a history of doing successful things with a dual QB & using that style of O effectively. Plus if Jarrett has a big & healthy season he could look to turn pro. JF could see that as an opportunity to be able to come in immediately to at least compete in 2018.

Edited by ellitor
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! love the move. We can't put our eggs all in one basket with the Gatewood. Hope you are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live 30 min from his school. If his recruitment heats up, I might have to go do some recon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any scoop on what attracted him to Penn St. in the first place. I have not researched well I guess.Does he have ties or a coach etc... that drew him to commit to them. Just seems a little strange with so many schools in the southeast, SEC in particular, that are recruiting him and have had success with dual threat qbs (see AU)!!! Hope we can get him to Big Cat weekend and blow his mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that'd be a pretty darn good qb class between he and Gatewood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

YES! love the move. We can't put our eggs all in one basket with the Gatewood. Hope you are right. 

Yeah, I believe we did that with Kyle Frazier. As I remember we did that with Frazier and JJ. As I remember that didn't work out too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yeah, I believe we did that with Kyle Frazier. As I remember we did that with Frazier and JJ. As I remember that didn't work out too well.

Plus we didn't have great QB depth potential then either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yeah, I believe we did that with Kyle Frazier. As I remember we did that with Frazier and JJ. As I remember that didn't work out too well.

Yep. It could have happened with Woody too until Stidham came on the market. Well we still have White though. 

From his video Fields has nice touch. Would like to  see passes where he airs it out and lets his WR's go get it just to see some arm strength. FSU, UF, UGA all smell blood in the water.  Chip Lindsey is his primary recruiter according to 247. This is a nice move by the coaching staff to go after another QB and one highly rated at that.

 

 

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toddc said:

Any scoop on what attracted him to Penn St. in the first place. I have not researched well I guess.Does he have ties or a coach etc... that drew him to commit to them. Just seems a little strange with so many schools in the southeast, SEC in particular, that are recruiting him and have had success with dual threat qbs (see AU)!!! Hope we can get him to Big Cat weekend and blow his mind!

The better schools in the Southeast like AU, UGA, & UF were not pushing for him when he committed to Penn St in early December like they are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been saying for months that Fields should be our primary target at QB this year and this is a year we desperately need two QB commits.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thaitopher said:

I have been saying for months that Fields should be our primary target at QB this year and this is a year we desperately need two QB commits.

kGs8gVE.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is legitimately the best DT- QB in the southeast. If he had played since he was a freshman and not behind Lorenzo Nunez (USCe QB) his 9th and 10th grade seasons, it is conceivable that he would be as big of a national recruit as Trevor Lawrence. HS coaches in GA love this kid and his ability

Edited by AUinGA44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Plus we didn't have great QB depth potential then either.

How true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good highlights and I definitely see where the staff is coming from with wanting more than one QB with JG not getting QB1 reps in high school.

if we do sign another high profile QB, do you think Gatewood stays ours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Good highlights and I definitely see where the staff is coming from with wanting more than one QB with JG not getting QB1 reps in high school.

if we do sign another high profile QB, do you think Gatewood stays ours?

If we do not get fields I would imagine we would put the full court press on Gerry Bohanon from arkansas. If we push for him I think he is ours. Have not made him a priority yet. He has great size and is a freak athlete. A great runner who is a good enough passer at this point.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 1:13 PM, ellitor said:

kGs8gVE.gif

Where's Viper when you need him ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charhair said:

if we do sign another high profile QB, do you think Gatewood stays ours?

No clue. He understands the situation is all I know.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we do not get fields I would imagine we would put the full court press on Gerry Bohanon from arkansas. If we push for him I think he is ours. Have not made him a priority yet. He has great size and is a freak athlete. A great runner who is a good enough passer at this point.

...Or look for a late gem and keep evalling QBs like we did with Malik Willis,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

:laugh::laugh: that's hilarious and if that's not actually him CJM should hire the Shark humper to take the blame for any kind of debauchery CJM himself wants to partake in.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

Was he supposed to naked hump a live shark? I swear, these guys just can't win with some of you. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

What gives you the idea that we aren't recruiting him correctly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

What gives you the idea that we aren't recruiting him correctly? 

Apparently, he wanted to visit us a couple of weekends ago, but no coaches were around then so he cancelled the  visit. From what I have heard in general, it doesn't sound like the staff is making him much of a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

Very disappointed that I'm out of the loop on McElwain humping a dead shark:( My ignorance of pop culture is distressing.....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now