2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

9 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Apparently, he wanted to visit us a couple of weekends ago, but no coaches were around then so he cancelled the  visit. From what I have heard in general, it doesn't sound like the staff is making him much of a priority.

Believe the weekend he wanted to come down was the weekend some of our staff (including Gus) were in the Dominican Republic for a missions trip. I haven't heard anything about us not making him a priority I think Florida and Penn State are just the teams to beat. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, fredst said:

Very disappointed that I'm out of the loop on McElwain humping a dead shark:( My ignorance of pop culture is distressing.....

Just read Deadspin every month or so. They will fill you right in on all of the athlete and sports gossip for the month. It's like People magazine  for men. :) 

24 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Believe the weekend he wanted to come down was the weekend some of our staff (including Gus) were in the Dominican Republic for a missions trip. I haven't heard anything about us not making him a priority I think Florida and Penn State are just the teams to beat. 

If that's the case then I retract my statement. Recruiting comes before many things in life, but not before our Creator. Students and coaches sanctioned by a public university taking mission trip? I am surprised to hear the ACLU hasn't jumped in this yet. Did Dabo's team meet us there?? :)

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

If that's the case then I retract my statement. Recruiting comes before many things in life, but not before our Creator. Students and coaches sanctioned by a public university taking mission trip? I am surprised to hear the ACLU hasn't jumped in this yet. Did Dabo's team meet us there?? :)

here's an IG post from our official account. I think they might've went with "ONE" Church of the Highlands College Ministry (which for anybody in the area and in college I recommend)! 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Very disappointed that I'm out of the loop on McElwain humping a dead shark:( My ignorance of pop culture is distressing.....

33 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

The coaches & athletes have been on mission trips before, I am pretty sure they went to Haiti a few years ago.

6 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

After looking at that I wish I was still out of the loop.

Same here but I had to see it so....

I'm just glad it wasn't a Tuna, I might not have ever wanted to watch Wicked Tuna again.

15 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

It's hard to unsee something and I wish I could unsee that.

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

Thankfully nobody else has to see it unless they go looking for it elsewhere.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thankfully nobody else has to see it unless they go looking for it elsewhere.

haha  I wondered how long the mods would leave it up haha

8 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

haha  I wondered how long the mods would leave it up haha

Too long to save me.  I'm bleaching my eyes now.

24 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Now I wanna see it.

Ha! If you google "Jim McElwain" the first hit that comes up is "Jim McElwain Shark" so you don't have to search hard. Careful though, you can't unring that bell:(

35 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Now I wanna see it.

Trust me...No you don't!!!

Can we move McElwain Jumping/Humping Shark to Woodshed and talk about Fields?? I know, I'm the lead perpetrator- sorry?

Jim-McElwain-Sunburn.png 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Can we move McElwain Jumping/Humping Shark to Woodshed and talk about Fields?? I know, I'm the lead perpetrator- sorry?

It's the middle of dead season. ..so no. More shark!  ??

Sooo this Justin Fields cat look pretty good and it would be nice to flip his commitment to AU.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sooo this Justin Fields cat look pretty good and it would be nice to flip his commitment to AU.

E, any inside info on what the AU coaches are doing to try to bring him into the fold? What kind of priority are they making him?

On 4/30/2017 at 4:08 PM, GwillMac6 said:

A great runner who is a good enough passer at this point.

Sounds familiar, but makes me very skeptical at this point. (e.g. Ok, I'll touch the stove again if you're really sure it's cool this time.)

Archived