2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

27 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Sounds familiar, but makes me very skeptical at this point. (e.g. Ok, I'll touch the stove again if you're really sure it's cool this time.)

IF we get Bo Nix this QB class will not be as important.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thaitopher said:

E, any inside info on what the AU coaches are doing to try to bring him into the fold? What kind of priority are they making him?

1. No. 2. Top

Super happy to have Gatewood on board, but if we get Fields and Nix with Stidham/Malik already here I'll be pretty surprised if Gatewood isn't moved to another position - sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Tivo48 said:

Super happy to have Gatewood on board, but if we get Fields and Nix with Stidham/Malik already here I'll be pretty surprised if Gatewood isn't moved to another position - sooner rather than later.

Kind of like the feeling we had a couple years ago when we thought Jeremy Johnson and Sean White would be stars and Gatewood had also committed? We also had that guy from Louisiana committed as well, until he decommitted and went to the dark side corn dog clan. In college football, things can turn from great to murky in a minute.  

43 minutes ago, Tivo48 said:

Don't count Joey out as a QB just yet. Chip loves his potential down the road at QB.

JFields got bumped up to a 5 star and is now the #5 player in the country. Starting to remind me of Deshaun Watson. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

JFields got bumped up to a 5 star and is now the #5 player in the country. Starting to remind me of Deshaun Watson. 

so he will come to Auburn on a undercover visit and War blogle will blow it for us?! haha.

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Was already a 5*. Just got a bump by 247 only,

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

so he will come to Auburn on a undercover visit and War blogle will blow it for us?! haha.

or Tweetie Bird Lee.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

or Tweetie Bird Lee.

mmmmmmmmmmm Yes. This so much.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was already a 5*. Just got a bump by 247 only,

What I meant :dunno:

Looks like LSU is smelling the blood now as well.  link

Things are really starting to pick up for Justin Fields on the recruiting trail.

The quarterback out of Harrison High School in Georgia earned the coveted 5-star rating from the 247Sports Composite less than two months ago, and he is quickly becoming a major priority for several big-name SEC programs. Fields, the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback, has been committed to Penn State since last December, but Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee are all trying to flip him.

Now, it appears LSU is joining the mix.

Like their fellow SEC counterparts, the Tigers are in the market for a talented quarterback in the Class of 2018 and offensive coordinator Matt Canada took a trip to see Fields in person. Projected starter Danny Etling will be a senior this season and although LSU had 4-star quarterbacks Lowell Narcisse and Myles Brennan in its 2017 class, the extra competition never hurts.

For now, reports indicate that Florida is pursuing Fields the hardest among SEC teams. Georgia is the in-state program, however, so it’s hard to believe they won’t factor into the mix, especially if Kirby Smart can generate some momentum for the program this season. And everyone knows how strong a lure Alabama can have on a prospect.

There’s still a ways to go yet in Fields’ recruitment, but this could be one of the most important recruiting battles for the Class of 2018.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

We need this guy to visit. 

Um, broken record broken record broken record broken record!

13 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Um, broken record broken record broken record broken record!

I love to do an A4E impression when we need him!

Not sure if there is anything to be made of it, but Fields got a far amount of love from a VIP writer on Auburn Undercover over the weekend... "5-star QB: 'I love Coach Lindsey'" was the headline of an article on AU visiting Fields on Friday.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure if there is anything to be made of it, but Fields got a far amount of love from a VIP writer on Auburn Undercover over the weekend... "5-star QB: 'I love Coach Lindsey'" was the headline of an article on AU visiting Fields on Friday.

That was the highlight of the article. The rest was status quo.

Just now, ellitor said:

That was the highlight of the article. The rest was status quo.

Thanks for the insight, E.

Well this is only going to want AU fans wanting Fields even more...

Top Auburn QB target continues conversation starting

Auburn’s chase for another quarterback in the 2018 class starts with Mr. Justin Fields. The Tigers aren’t alone. When it’s all said and done, Fields will compete with once-in-a-generation talent Trevor Lawrence for the No. 1 overall ranking among recruiting services. I suppose that makes the star-studded duo a twice-in-generation combo.

Either way, Fields has continued his climb.

On Monday, the Penn State quarterback commit — being chased by Auburn, Florida and Georgia — showed why he’s becoming so highly touted. At the Cam Newton Memorial Day Class 7-on-7 tournament, he flashed a few highlight-reel throws, including a bomb with 30 seconds to go to seal the deal.

If there is one person itching to watch Fields’ continued rankings climb, it’s Cam Newton.

The Heisman winner from Auburn has watched Fields progress up close and personal and witnessed firsthand what the dual-threat quarterback can do against top competition. Newton spoke with Kipp Adams of 247Sports. Newton’s stance on where Fields should be ranked is cut and dry.

“Why isn’t he the No. 1 overall quarterback in the country? Pound for pound, he is the best player in this class. What more does he have to do?” Newton told Adams. “He has it all — he commands the huddle, can see the entire field, can extend plays and makes throws very few can. Like I said, he is pound for pound, the best quarterback.”

Newton’s point holds true.

There isn’t anything else Fields can do.

Lawrence has been slotted as the No. 1 player since his sophomore season and for good reason. The two bring a contrast of skill sets but equal production. It will be fun to watch these two Georgia prospects go head to head at Elite 11 camps and through weekly performance comparisons during Georgia’s 2017 high school football season.

This might become a 1a-1b conversation.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well this is only going to want AU fans wanting Fields even more...

Conversely, how bad does this suck for Penn St fans?

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Conversely, how bad does this suck for Penn St fans?

bothers me not....

Archived