2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

No offense, 23... I mean you are the most plugged in of anyone here, but last year you were singing the praises of Franklin and he ended up being more or less a bust when he was given his shot. I know Fields is obviously at a completely different level, but what are you seeing that has you so high on him that is different than what you saw in Franklin?

There are no comparisons of fields and Franklin and I had reasons I was singing the praises of Franklin. I like the back ended way u are responding to my Sean White quote though.  Fields is an elite talent.  Also I am no scout of talent so I will take the coaches word and that of Cam Newton that BF is the best recruit in the country.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

There are no comparisons of fields and Franklin and I had reasons I was singing the praises of Franklin. I like the back ended way u are responding to my Sean White quote though.  Fields is an elite talent. 

Cool... I was just making sure it wasn't just his wheels that had you so enamored. The one thing I have heard is that, no matter how good Fields is, the kid going to Clemson is hands down better.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

There are no comparisons of fields and Franklin and I had reasons I was singing the praises of Franklin. I like the back ended way u are responding to my Sean White quote though.  Fields is an elite talent.  Also I am no scout of talent so I will take the coaches word and that of Cam Newton that BF is the best recruit in the country.

You keep mentioning BF... typo?

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM, GwillMac6 said:

fam I just posted the article above!!! WHY don't YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO READ MY POSTS?! hahahaha

I'm sorry, did you say something?  :wavey:

26 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

You keep mentioning BF... typo?

Yes. Happens from his phone sometimes.

On 6/18/2017 at 3:10 PM, milehighfan said:

I just read an article on sec country about Justin Fields and in it he said uga and Florida are recruiting him the hardest. 

Auburn doesn't need to let any school out recruit them for any big time recruit, especially a talented QB like Fields

Hardest don't always mean best in recruiting.

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I'm sorry, did you say something?  :wavey:

giphy.gif

Fields ability to throw the football is comparable to Deshaun Watson.  Someone made this comparison and I mentioned before but they were spot on.   He is the best recruit in the country at the most important position on the field. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

And don't forget the Fields & Wootens are very tight as family friends. I don't know if it will be a deciding factor but the Wootens will have a role in this recruitment.

I did not know that little tidbit. Very interesting. 

7 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

It's crazy how if you go to other boards, others schools are very confident they lead for Fields. Some are even saying he may commit soon. 

Florida - is supposedly recruiting him the hardest right now. FL fans feel confident, even though he does not live close by. They have lots of Crystal Balls for Fields.

GA - fans are confident because his mom likes UGA a lot and she wants him to play close to home. He has visited.

Fl St - Lots of people have been saying that FL St will be tuff to beat for Fields because of their success with QB's and their HC. He visited Fl St very recently and some seem to think that he was not impressed as Fl St tried to negative recruit the other schools he is looking at. 

Auburn - AU fans like that we are close to his home. He has idolized Cam Newton and plays on his 7 on 7 team. Plus, he apparently like our OC. He has visited.

Let's hope Bama does not get involved. 

This is going to be very interesting.

It's hard to believe we've created an entire industry based on speculation of where kids might play football, but we've sure done it. 

8 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

It's crazy how if you go to other boards, others schools are very confident they lead for Fields. Some are even saying he may commit soon. 

Florida - is supposedly recruiting him the hardest right now. FL fans feel confident, even though he does not live close by. They have lots of Crystal Balls for Fields.

GA - fans are confident because his mom likes UGA a lot and she wants him to play close to home. He has visited.

Fl St - Lots of people have been saying that FL St will be tuff to beat for Fields because of their success with QB's and their HC. He visited Fl St very recently and some seem to think that he was not impressed as Fl St tried to negative recruit the other schools he is looking at. 

Auburn - AU fans like that we are close to his home. He has idolized Cam Newton and plays on his 7 on 7 team. Plus, he apparently like our OC. He has visited.

Let's hope Bama does not get involved. 

This is going to be very interesting.

where are the boards of these schoosl found I have trouble finding them???'

edit: nvm

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Happens from his phone sometimes.

Happens a lot as E knows.  I know my grammar looks horrible on here a lot of the times lol.  I am usually typing from my phone and I have fat thumbs.

It's hard not to get excited about the possibilities of JF after reading through this thread.  I do not think however, he will have any more impact should he come to AU than Stidham will have for us this upcoming year.   

5 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

It's hard not to get excited about the possibilities of JF after reading through this thread.  I do not think however, he will have any more impact should he come to AU thank Stidham will have for us this upcoming year.   

I can't endorse any predictions about long term stability at any position, but I get where 23 is coming from with that. Cam was only here one year and he obviously wasn't able to provide stability for the program. No matter how long Stidham stays or how much he balls out, he's going to have half a career here at most. He might attract a lot of attention to the offense under CLL which might in turn attract a lot of high profile recruits, but it will then be up to them to take the program to the next level- especially since a highly successful Chip Lindsey likely won't still be here by the time they graduate. 

It's an interesting conversation and I can see both sides of it. But let's just hope that we're having the same conversation a few years from now. We've had similar conversations before and they ended up with Kodi Burns becoming a WR, Kiehl Frazier becoming a safety and Sean White starting the 4th game of 2015. 

I think Stidham will ball the heck out but I hope he is not a "Mitch Trubisky" 1 and done year where he kills it enters the draft as a first round lock but we still go 9-4. That is one of my doomsday worries about next season.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't endorse any predictions about long term stability at any position, but I get where 23 is coming from with that. Cam was only here one year and he obviously wasn't able to provide stability for the program. No matter how long Stidham stays or how much he balls out, he's going to have half a career here at most. He might attract a lot of attention to the offense under CLL which might in turn attract a lot of high profile recruits, but it will then be up to them to take the program to the next level- especially since a highly successful Chip Lindsey likely won't still be here by the time they graduate. 

It's an interesting conversation and I can see both sides of it. But let's just hope that we're having the same conversation a few years from now. We've had similar conversations before and they ended up with Kodi Burns becoming a WR, Kiehl Frazier becoming a safety and Sean White starting the 4th game of 2015. 

I am guessing,. We wil have Stidham for two seasons.  Which will be about as impactful as any QB here in a long time (like Nick Marshall).   Heck nowadays, two years is a good run.  

13 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

There is really nothing convincing in that article. If THAT is truly the information which the "experts" based their FSU CB on then I am not overly concerned about it.

19 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

There is really nothing convincing in that article. If THAT is truly the information which the "experts" based their FSU CB on then I am not overly concerned about it.

Not even going to bother to read it but what I have seen as evidence for FSU trending can be said about AU too. We have great relationships with his parents as well.

The article said almost the opposite. They said FSU would need to develop relationships with his parents, but people put in crystal ball picks to FSU because he chose to throw for Fisher/FSU and no other team, which they took as a sign of his interest in getting coached by Fisher over other people. It was a stretch.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

The article said almost the opposite. They said FSU would need to develop relationships with his parents, but people put in crystal ball picks to FSU because he chose to throw for Fisher/FSU and no other team, which they took as a sign of his interest in getting coached by Fisher over other people. It was a stretch.

A long stretchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

The same reason fsu is getting CB's for fields is the same reason people put in crystal balls for bama when there is no concrete info out there. Just on reputation and past results alone.

On 6/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, GwillMac6 said:

giphy.gif

Mods: Is it possible to ban someone, at least short-term, for going "Dawson's Creek" with a gif, lol?

Archived