2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW to back up what 23 has been saying, other AU sources are still very confident in our spot right now and FSU staff still feels we lead after Justin's highly publicized trip to Tallahassee.

I'm told we still lead. Just told this yesterday by some folks who "should" know. Hope the offense is as good as it suppose to be. September or early October could be good for the Tigers on the recruiting front. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW to back up what 23 has been saying, other AU sources are still very confident in our spot right now and FSU staff still feels we lead after Justin's highly publicized trip to Tallahassee.

Please excuse me if I missed it. But if the FSU staff feels we lead then where are the FSU insiders getting their info from? 

14 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Please excuse me if I missed it. But if the FSU staff feels we lead then where are the FSU insiders getting their info from? 

D.C.  ?

14 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

FSU reporters aren't necessarily the same thing as FSU insiders. One AU source who is confident on AU right now has a straight connection to FSU staff.

I hope JF is smart enough to see pass the negative recruiting.  I hope our staff tells him no matter what DC has to say about AU, it doesn't change the fact that he played here.  No matter what Jimbo has to say, it wont change the fact that he once called AU his dream job after coaching here.  AU is a special place and can recruit itself at times.  Lets hope JF sees all of this and comes home. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Beautiful words my friend...just beautiful...?

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Negative recruiting can backfire badly, especially with informed parents and intelligent recruits.

Unfortunately, since I've followed recruiting the last 10 years or so ... I'm surprised yearly by the tactics that are successful.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FSU reporters aren't necessarily the same thing as FSU insiders. One AU source who is confident on AU right now has a straight connection to FSU staff.

So which(reporter/insider) are Bud Elliott and Josh Newberg? For some reason I thought the info(crystal balls) these guys we're giving out were legit in regards to FSU.

thanks E

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is correct. FSU feels they made up ground but they put a full court press on JF to commit without any success. We still look good. It is gonna depend on the season like everyone has been saying. If he commits to us today it still won't be solid until he sees we have coaching stability and offense is thriving. I feel good about our season very good actually so that is why I am very confident we sign him.

9 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This is correct. FSU feels they made up ground but they put a full court press on JF to commit without any success. We still look good. It is gonna depend on the season like everyone has been saying. If he commits to us today it still won't be solid until he sees we have coaching stability and offense is thriving. I feel good about our season very good actually so that is why I am very confident we sign him.

Since I ran out of likes..."LIKE!"

33 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

So which(reporter/insider) are Bud Elliott and Josh Newberg? For some reason I thought the info(crystal balls) these guys we're giving out were legit in regards to FSU.

thanks E

Elliott Bleacher Report. Newberg 247. Both reporters but not insiders. Since they cover FSU I think their opinion on FSU matters has some value. However I will always put more value in an opinion to someone connected directly to a staff as 23 is with us and another AU Source's contact at FSU. It doesn't mean they are always more right in the end but they have a better chance to be in the long run.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Since I ran out of likes..."LIKE!"

We need more LIKES,why is there a limit? If you miss a day or two and try to catch up there is never enough likes to go around.

18 minutes ago, kd4au said:

We need more LIKES,why is there a limit? If you miss a day or two and try to catch up there is never enough likes to go around.

It would be good if we could accumulate 3 days worth. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Add on top of that, we have the Cam factor.  As subtle as Cam can be, you have to know this is going to be what 'nudges' him to the good guys!

38 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

Add on top of that, we have the Cam factor.  As subtle as Cam can be, you have to know this is going to be what 'nudges' him to the good guys!

Can't hurt...

59 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

He's also the best defense against negative recruiting. He's been a QB for AU and played in Gus's offense. I'm sure any concerns Fields or his family have, they would discus with Cam. So any concerns that may have been created by Craig/FSU through less than honest means are not something that I'd expect to have a long half life.

I'm thinking all the negative recruiting that staffs do, will come back to haunt them. It may profit them now but it the end it erodes their credibility with parents and recruits and destroys their effectiveness with young people and their parents. "Haters gonna be haters"

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

Cam has been very helpful in regards to AU and JF. Like I am sure you have heard the dad is the parent we need on our side and Cam has helped calm the negative recruiting tactics from other schools. 

I have a strong feeling that Stidham might be the one to close the deal on Fields. Once he can definitively say that QBing the Tigers was the best decision he ever made, it will be hard for Fields to look anywhere else.

39 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I'm thinking all the negative recruiting that staffs do, will come back to haunt them. It may profit them now but it the end it erodes their credibility with parents and recruits and destroys their effectiveness with young people and their parents. "Haters gonna be haters"

unfortunately, these kids and most of the parents only go through this process once.  therefore any knowledge they gain doesn't serve them in hindsight.  their high school coaches should be their biggest (and most objective) advocates - but unfortunately we hear from time to time that isn't the case.  We who follow recruiting even a little bit and know the coaching personalities as they come/go from different coaching jobs learn a little bit about them and the process.

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Negative recruiting can backfire badly, especially with informed parents and intelligent recruits.

I'm going to make this post, then prepare for the nuclear fallout. I'm tired of the complaining about negative recruiting. Are our rivals supposed to positively recruit versus us?  If FSU and UGA are spewing lies to recruits and Parents, it is up to our coach and staff to call it out. If their negative tactics include pointing out some of the downsides of our recent performance, they are doing their job.   In business you exalt your achievements and accomplishments and downplay the opponents. We have a lot of positives to sell,  AU has been generous in given our opponents negative things to use against us with our complete lack of consistency. (2-8 record vs UGA for instance, or the unexplainable demise of JJ at QB)  If Gus wants to end the negative recruiting he needs to produce a few 10 win seasons and start moving some QBs to the league. 2017 is a great time to start reversing the trend. 

Listening to Chuck Oliver a few minutes ago and you would think that AU was not going to get anyone. They have a guy on from 247 (who covers the southeast) that says Fields is an FSU/UGA battle with AU on the outside (also said we were not a player for other elite prospects Chuck mentioned). He did say that someone started a rumor that Fields was going to commit somewhere to day but this is NOT true. Just passing along what was just on the radio.

IMO it is has has always been an AU/FSU battle. As I said several pages ago, I hope we play well this season and he wants to play in our offense. 

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I believe you guys. And assuming both FSU staff and other Auburn sources believe we lead it's just really weird to me that almost all the analysis think he is going to FSU with Ga his second choice. ?

Archived