2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Listening to Chuck Oliver a few minutes ago and you would think that AU was not going to get anyone. They have a guy on from 247 (who covers the southeast) that says Fields is an FSU/UGA battle with AU on the outside (also said we were not a player for other elite prospects Chuck mentioned). He did say that someone started a rumor that Fields was going to commit somewhere to day but this is NOT true. Just passing along what was just on the radio.

IMO it is has has always been an AU/FSU battle. As I said several pages ago, I hope we play well this season and he wants to play in our offense. 

Dawg fans say that crap so that when we get the recruit they can say we must have paid them.

Not even kidding.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This is correct. FSU feels they made up ground but they put a full court press on JF to commit without any success. We still look good. It is gonna depend on the season like everyone has been saying. If he commits to us today it still won't be solid until he sees we have coaching stability and offense is thriving. I feel good about our season very good actually so that is why I am very confident we sign him.

This is as it should be.  I not only hope but WANT us to put our collective money where our mouth is.  I think we will, too.

54 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Listening to Chuck Oliver a few minutes ago and you would think that AU was not going to get anyone. They have a guy on from 247 (who covers the southeast) that says Fields is an FSU/UGA battle with AU on the outside (also said we were not a player for other elite prospects Chuck mentioned). He did say that someone started a rumor that Fields was going to commit somewhere to day but this is NOT true. Just passing along what was just on the radio.

IMO it is has has always been an AU/FSU battle. As I said several pages ago, I hope we play well this season and he wants to play in our offense. 

Well you can get ready for the we payed JF accusations to start flowing if all goes as expected. Truth is his mom has UGA all thinking they are leading when he doesn't even live with her and has little to do with his recruitment. She only has attended visits to UGA with him. JF dad is the one that holds the key here and JF himself. Basically we are the school JF wants to go too. However with all the negative recruiting and our play on the field has hurt recruiting also we now have to show a big time talent like JF that we are back and ready to compete for championships again. We all know the qb position holds the key to success in the offense we will be running and we got a stud in Stidham.

2 minutes ago, AU_256 said:

I know it's all over the place but best guess on when he might commit? I personally think it'll be towards October instead of August.

I was just wondering how long this thread will be when he commits. ?

16 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

If we get to 100+ pages we're screwed.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Listening to Chuck Oliver

No offense to you at all gr8 but I stopped reading right there. Dude has always hated hard on AU.

3 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

He's also the best defense against negative recruiting. He's been a QB for AU and played in Gus's offense. I'm sure any concerns Fields or his family have, they would discus with Cam. So any concerns that may have been created by Craig/FSU through less than honest means are not something that I'd expect to have a long half life.

Very good point...

36 minutes ago, AU_256 said:

I know it's all over the place but best guess on when he might commit? I personally think it'll be towards October instead of August.

Some sources say August. Others say a bit into the season.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

A guy the likes of Fields, this page truly might set the record.

Nope. 900 will never be seen again. Especially with 25 posts per page now opposed to 10 posts per page then.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Nope. 900 will never be seen again. Especially with 25 posts per page now opposed to 10 posts per page then.

What about the equivalent # of posts?

...because these are life's great questions that must be answered.

I would cool it on the Cam will make this happen talk, he just started training camp and is gonna be fairly busy and occupied.  He has helped greatly already, but I am sure his priorities are changing for obvious reasons.  Coach Lindsay is gonna be the one that wins this for us on and off the field.  

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No offense to you at all gr8 but I stopped reading right there. Dude has always hated hard on AU.

True, he is a UGA homer. Funny that he went to Auburn. 

BTW - the guy he had on from 247 covers Georgia. Probably why he was so adamant that JF was not interested in AU. Did not want to stir up the fans. 

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

^^This^^ Chuck got his panties in a wad a like time ago when TT got fired. He's no help to AU and has zero inside info on AU.

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

True, he is a UGA homer. Funny that he went to Auburn. 

BTW - the guy he had on from 247 covers Georgia. Probably why he was so adamant that JF was not interested in AU. Did not want to stir up the fans. 

Chuckie only went to Auburn because his girlfriend at the time was going to AU. 

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

If he waits until NSD it will be looooong.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

What about the equivalent # of posts?

...because these are life's great questions that must be answered.

it would take 360 pages to reach 9000 posts.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

it would take 360 pages to reach 9000 posts.

Dare I ask what topic reached 9,000 posts? 

I hope Fields doesn't take too long to make his commitment to Auburn or where ever. We can't afford to let another top QB slip through our fingers like we've done in the past.

What an awesome week for AU fans.  Things are looking good heading into practice.  Do we expect anyone else to jump on board this week or will things likely slow down for awhile?  Either way, like what I am hearing both from the coaches, media and fans regarding the upcoming season and how recruiting is going.  Can't wait for the season to start.

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have blocked that thread out of my mind

Didn't the Muschamp one get up pretty high too? Or am I imagining things? 

Archived