2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

Updated: 6/6/17: Decommitted from Penn St.

4_5150948.jpg

Kennesaw, GA (Harrison)
Ht 6-3, Wt 221, 40: 4.51, Shuttle 4.16, V-Cone 33.20
247 Profile
AU officially offered today (4/28/17)
39 offers including AU, Penn St, UGA, UF, Bama, FSU, LSU, Vols

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take:

With Queen gone, Woody not developing as well as hoped, & Joey not having a season as QB1 yet at his high school the staff has decided to take 2 QBs in the 2018 class ($1 to @lionheartkc). AU has a real shot to make noise here IMO. His commitment appears to be shaky and of the teams in the best mix to flip him AU is the only 1 who has a history of doing successful things with a dual QB & using that style of O effectively. Plus if Jarrett has a big & healthy season he could look to turn pro. JF could see that as an opportunity to be able to come in immediately to at least compete in 2018.

Any scoop on what attracted him to Penn St. in the first place. I have not researched well I guess.Does he have ties or a coach etc... that drew him to commit to them. Just seems a little strange with so many schools in the southeast, SEC in particular, that are recruiting him and have had success with dual threat qbs (see AU)!!! Hope we can get him to Big Cat weekend and blow his mind!

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

YES! love the move. We can't put our eggs all in one basket with the Gatewood. Hope you are right. 

Yeah, I believe we did that with Kyle Frazier. As I remember we did that with Frazier and JJ. As I remember that didn't work out too well.

16 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yeah, I believe we did that with Kyle Frazier. As I remember we did that with Frazier and JJ. As I remember that didn't work out too well.

Plus we didn't have great QB depth potential then either.

20 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yep. It could have happened with Woody too until Stidham came on the market. Well we still have White though. 

From his video Fields has nice touch. Would like to  see passes where he airs it out and lets his WR's go get it just to see some arm strength. FSU, UF, UGA all smell blood in the water.  Chip Lindsey is his primary recruiter according to 247. This is a nice move by the coaching staff to go after another QB and one highly rated at that.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Any scoop on what attracted him to Penn St. in the first place. I have not researched well I guess.Does he have ties or a coach etc... that drew him to commit to them. Just seems a little strange with so many schools in the southeast, SEC in particular, that are recruiting him and have had success with dual threat qbs (see AU)!!! Hope we can get him to Big Cat weekend and blow his mind!

The better schools in the Southeast like AU, UGA, & UF were not pushing for him when he committed to Penn St in early December like they are now.

I have been saying for months that Fields should be our primary target at QB this year and this is a year we desperately need two QB commits.

Just now, thaitopher said:

I have been saying for months that Fields should be our primary target at QB this year and this is a year we desperately need two QB commits.

kGs8gVE.gif

He is legitimately the best DT- QB in the southeast. If he had played since he was a freshman and not behind Lorenzo Nunez (USCe QB) his 9th and 10th grade seasons, it is conceivable that he would be as big of a national recruit as Trevor Lawrence. HS coaches in GA love this kid and his ability

Good highlights and I definitely see where the staff is coming from with wanting more than one QB with JG not getting QB1 reps in high school.

if we do sign another high profile QB, do you think Gatewood stays ours?

2 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Good highlights and I definitely see where the staff is coming from with wanting more than one QB with JG not getting QB1 reps in high school.

If we do not get fields I would imagine we would put the full court press on Gerry Bohanon from arkansas. If we push for him I think he is ours. Have not made him a priority yet. He has great size and is a freak athlete. A great runner who is a good enough passer at this point.

1 hour ago, Charhair said:

No clue. He understands the situation is all I know.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we do not get fields I would imagine we would put the full court press on Gerry Bohanon from arkansas. If we push for him I think he is ours. Have not made him a priority yet. He has great size and is a freak athlete. A great runner who is a good enough passer at this point.

...Or look for a late gem and keep evalling QBs like we did with Malik Willis,

• 2 weeks later...

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

17 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He's getting several CB's to Florida. I will just say that from what I have heard, I am not impressed with how our coaching staff has recruited (or not recruited) him. Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

:laugh::laugh: that's hilarious and if that's not actually him CJM should hire the Shark humper to take the blame for any kind of debauchery CJM himself wants to partake in.

23 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Speaks volumes when he would rather play for a team whose head coach naked humps a dead shark.

Was he supposed to naked hump a live shark? I swear, these guys just can't win with some of you. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

What gives you the idea that we aren't recruiting him correctly? 

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

What gives you the idea that we aren't recruiting him correctly? 

Apparently, he wanted to visit us a couple of weekends ago, but no coaches were around then so he cancelled the  visit. From what I have heard in general, it doesn't sound like the staff is making him much of a priority.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Very disappointed that I'm out of the loop on McElwain humping a dead shark:( My ignorance of pop culture is distressing.....

Archived