2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If we get him yes that would be great.

Thing is though...How willing are they gonna be on redshirting if possible and just being on the bench. It's a good problem to have with so much talent especially since AU has'nt had this in I don't know how long..Maybe never. If we get Fields it might just be better if Stid leaves or am I over thinking?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yes I believe he stays committed unless bama comes calling. I could maybe see UF also.

That's right. I forgot you said that.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Thing is though...How willing are they gonna be on redshirting if possible and just being on the bench.

Yup. If we get Fields then a place like FSU will have a more favorable depth chart along with a very good college QB developer.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

If we get Fields it might just be better if Stid leaves or am I over thinking?

Overthinking that part IMO. He would have to sit at least a year at 2 of his frontrunners anyway in UGA & FSU & knows he may sit a year at AU if Stidham stays a year. JF has said he doesn't mind RSing year 1.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. If we get Fields then a place like FSU will have a more favorable depth chart along with a very good college QB developer.

Overthinking that part IMO. He would have to sit at least a year at 2 of his frontrunners anyway in UGA & FSU & knows he may sit a year at AU if Stidham stays a year. JF has said he doesn't mind RSing year 1.

Yeah man I remember him saying that. I love his attitude man...Would be hard just as fans to have him on the bench..Would rather see him play, but if it's because Stid is playing lights out then we good as long as he's on the team! Plus him having a year bouncing ideas and strategies off Stid and becoming even better than he already is...spells danger! But I am getting ahead of myself, he hasn't even committed yet. You think Eason and Francois will still be at their respective schools?

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You think Eason and Francois will still be at their respective schools?

Eason has to stay through the 2018 season. He's only going into his 2nd season now. I was thinking DF was in his 2nd year but he's in his 3rd so he can go but I have seen where he still has a lot of progressing to do to go after this season.

It sounds like we made a lot of progress with Fields and I am very excited, however even assuming he is a silent commitment it really doesn't mean to much especially if he is visiting other programs. For example I think he is visiting Georgia this wk end. 

5 minutes ago, Samau said:

It sounds like we made a lot of progress with Fields and I am very excited, however even assuming he is a silent commitment it really doesn't mean to much especially if he is visiting other programs. For example I think he is visiting Georgia this wk end. 

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site! Always good to have new posters on board.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Eason has to stay through the 2018 season. He's only going into his 2nd season now. I was thinking DF was in his 2nd year but he's in his 3rd so he can go but I have seen where he still has a lot of progressing to do to go after this season.

I also forgot that GA has Jake Fromm,previous no.1 QB I believe...Big factor or no? I see he has really pushed Eason.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Thing is though...How willing are they gonna be on redshirting if possible and just being on the bench. It's a good problem to have with so much talent especially since AU has'nt had this in I don't know how long..Maybe never. If we get Fields it might just be better if Stid leaves or am I over thinking?

Unless Stidham has a phenomenal year, I think he would return. If it's Cam Newton-esque, then he's gone, and we figure out the next year. I would think JF is planning on Stidham being here next year and hoping we have a great enough season that he leaves early.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I also forgot that GA has Jake Fromm,previous no.1 QB I believe...Big factor or no? I see he has really pushed Eason.

No clue. Just know mom likes UGA a lot.

18 minutes ago, Samau said:

Haven't seen that assumed & silents are crapshoots til they go public anyway so it means nothing til there is a public commitment. Also remember his camp is telling at least 3 schools what they want to hear.

Welcome to the board Sam!

The visit heard ’round the world

It’s been the talk of the Auburn recruiting world this week.

Justin Fields — the No. 1 prospect in the nation by some services — was set to visit Auburn with 4-star wide receivers Matthew Hill and Kearis Jackson. Most of that happened. Jackson didn’t make the visit, and with the tea leaves pointing to Georgia, maybe it’s best Fields was able to visit the Plains without any outside influence.

Fields arrived with his father who is, without question, the most influential in his final decision. He elected not to do interviews, so there aren’t any ground-breaking quotes to provide you.

But Fields did have the opportunity to go to the stadium to throw with Hill, who Fields has known for quite sometime. Don’t undersell this friendship in Fields’ ultimate decision.

By several accounts, Fields impressed Auburn’s staff and players. Wide receiver Kyle Davis publicly commented.

As for Hill, he left without a commitment. Hill plans to visit South Carolina one more time, but he’ll also likely return for Auburn’s picnic on July 22. Consider Hill on commitment watch for that event later in the month.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No clue. Just know mom likes UGA a lot.

Fields' mom likes uga? ?

Fun fact - when I typed uga it auto corrected it to Gus. Haha. 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen that assumed & silents are crapshoots til they go public anyway so it means nothing til there is a public commitment. Also remember his camp is telling at least 3 schools what they want to hear.

Welcome to the board Sam!

Thanks I am glad I joined it! A lot of good information!

8 minutes ago, Samau said:

Thanks I am glad I joined it! A lot of good information!

Welcome to the board Sammy. Can I call you Sammy? 

55 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Welcome to the board Sammy. Can I call you Sammy? 

Sure, I have been called a lot worse. By the way Fields is suppose to be in Athens for Ga barbecue this week end. I assume he is still going. Its going to be a battle but I still like Auburns chances. I did read on another board where some so called insiders were hinting Fields might now be a silent to us. But who knows...

8 minutes ago, Samau said:

Sure, I have been called a lot worse. By the way Fields is suppose to be in Athens for Ga barbecue this week end. I assume he is still going. Its going to be a battle but I still like Auburns chances. I did read on another board where some so called insiders were hinting Fields might now be a silent to us. But who knows...

Be careful about bringing stuff over from other boards if it's behind a paywall. It's against their rules as well as AUFamily's site rules.

Fields mom does like UGA alot. She also like Auburn. She prefers Auburn or UGA with UGA probably her favorite. Fields dad is the main influence though. We always here about making the momma happy and that is the case with JF but his dad will have more influence.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Fields mom does like UGA alot. She also like Auburn. She prefers Auburn or UGA with UGA probably her favorite. Fields dad is the main influence though. We always here about making the momma happy and that is the case with JF but his dad will have more influence.

Freaky. Are you psychic?

According to the tiderinsider.com guy, don't count the turds out just yet.  JF is supposed to be there for their BBQ later this month and they are apparently turning up the heat now.  

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Freaky. Are you psychic?

Lol.. yep.. His dad is very involved I could tell last night, but I saw the article you posted about the dad also. His mom will be a part of the decision also, but like I said she likes Auburn. She likes UGA a little more only because his sister plays softball there. Mom wants him at UGA or AU JF would prefer AU or FSU. AU is in very good spot here as we all know. I am very confident.

Archived