2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

From what I've seen Cam has'nt directly recruited Fields but indirectly I guess so.

Cam's real influence in this recruitment is not & likely will not be in articles.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

and Matt Corral committing to GA *crosses fingers* And he is as good as ours.

No he's not. Not sure why I've seen multiple AU fans think & post this. FSU is & will remain a threat. They are a bigger threat than UGA TBH. Also, & more importantly, we have to win big this season. A commitment from JF doesn't mean much if there is key staff turnover after the season stemming from more mediocre to subpar play because then the commitment would not likely stick & FSU would likely become the winner.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cam's real influence in this recruitment is not & likely will not be in articles.

No he's not. Not sure why I've seen multiple AU fans think & post this. FSU is & will remain a threat. They are a bigger threat than UGA TBH. Also, & more importantly, we have to win big this season. A commitment from JF doesn't mean much if there is key staff turnover after the season stemming from more mediocre to subpar play because then the commitment would not likely stick & FSU would likely become the winner.

Yeah I remember you telling me that now. Just been so focused on georgia and haven't seen or heard much from fsu. All we've been talking about lately.

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I predict if we get Fields I say our changes of winning a Natty will be in the 90% range barring injury. Kid is that good

Wow. Best you've seen in years, Golf?

Steve Wilfong one of the main national guys for 247 changed his crystal ball from florida to foggy yesterday.

23 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

My intuition is to move on from wishing Fields signs with AU.    

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Moving on from wishing to believing right?

Good one E.    I want to believe....   

42 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Good one E.    I want to believe....   

Well if we don't have major staff turnover he should be ours.

1 hour ago, AU_256 said:

Curious to see how his visit to Athens went. 

Georgia fans are super pumped about his visit. Sounds like he gave them nothing but good vibes.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Georgia fans are super pumped about his visit. Sounds like he gave them nothing but good vibes.

And I was super pumped when I saw Ruben Foster's tat.   I guess that turned out bad...  good feedback nonetheless, but what else are they gonna say?  "He arrived in an Auburn shirt and accidentally called the coach, Coach Chip" by mistake?   Nah...he's sharp and playing the field.  

I think the UGA trip was like him looking off his 2nd option before he scans west and fires a bomb toward Auburn hitting big Nate Craig Myers in full stride!  

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

And I was super pumped when I saw Ruben Foster's tat.   I guess that turned out bad...  good feedback nonetheless, but what else are they gonna say?  "He arrived in an Auburn shirt and accidentally called the coach, Coach Chip" by mistake?   Nah...he's sharp and playing the field.  

I think the UGA trip was like him looking off his 2nd option before he scans west and fires a bomb toward Auburn hitting big Nate Craig Myers in full stride!  

When I read, "he arrived in an Auburn shirt..." my heart skipped a beat. 

Well Kieth Niebuhr tweeted out his VIP article about QM saying his heart tells him that Justin will be a tiger...And Justin liked the tweet.  ?

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Sounds like we Auburn fans. Some people leave a positive feeling at every stop. They are nice that way but it doesn't have much to do with a final decision.

I have to laugh as I recount this story...

I once took a girl on a date at the beginning of summer and really liked the girl.  I was paying for Auburn 100% on my own so money was more than tight (and I was out of state).  We were good friends, nothing more.   I called her up in July to ask her out again and she was engaged!    

You never know....I didn't know she was dating some guy and she committed without consulting me.  I quit recruiting her or calling her I mean at that point.  She was a prob a 4* and I landed 5* afterward and she is still on the team!  So things work out.  

This will too.

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I have to laugh as I recount this story...

I once took a girl on a date at the beginning of summer and really liked the girl.  I was paying for Auburn 100% on my own so money was more than tight (and I was out of state).  We were good friends, nothing more.   I called her up in July to ask her out again and she was engaged!    

You never know....I didn't know she was dating some guy and she committed without consulting me.  I quit recruiting her or calling her I mean at that point.  She was a prob a 4* and I landed 5* afterward and she is still on the team!  So things work out.  

This will too.

Beaker,

I'm a little confussed. Is the 4* or the 5* still on the team, ... or could it be both??

Man you might be as twisted as I am ?

8 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

UGa getting that 5* WR commit just before this weekend is bad timing for us IMO. 

I think he is 2019 recruit. I don't think they got any 2018 commits after their big Kir-B-Q.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sounds like we Auburn fans. Some people leave a positive feeling at every stop. They are nice that way but it doesn't have much to do with a final decision.

Agree. It's a bit odd that so many teams are confident about him. Makes you wonder if he is playing someone or if that's just how he is as a person.

The 2019 WR commit is WAAAAYYYY less influential than having 2 young 5* QBs already enrolled at uga!

AU has plenty of good young WRs for JF to throw to, plus more on the way. That is the least of his concerns, imho.  

12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Agree. It's a bit odd that so many teams are confident about him. Makes you wonder if he is playing someone or if that's just how he is as a person.

Or that teams/analysts are hearing what they want to hear. Or that he and his family is so diligent in their research that everybody thinks, "Well, they wouldn't be showing us THIS much interest if they weren't planning to come."

I've seen a few snippets of info around that Auburn fans are interpreting as good signs. They might be, or they might just be examples of a family going the extra mile to get all the info they need to make the most informed decision possible. 

Just playing devil's advocate. I don't know jack about this. 

Side note: the way his family is participating in his recruitment might somewhat explain why he's evidently got such a good head on his shoulders. 

3 hours ago, JoeinPF said:

Beaker,

I'm a little confussed. Is the 4* or the 5* still on the team, ... or could it be both??

Man you might be as twisted as I am ?

Married the 5* and only she is on the team   ?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Or that teams/analysts are hearing what they want to hear. Or that he and his family is so diligent in their research that everybody thinks, "Well, they wouldn't be showing us THIS much interest if they weren't planning to come."

I've seen a few snippets of info around that Auburn fans are interpreting as good signs. They might be, or they might just be examples of a family going the extra mile to get all the info they need to make the most informed decision possible. 

Just playing devil's advocate. I don't know jack about this. 

Side note: the way his family is participating in his recruitment might somewhat explain why he's evidently got such a good head on his shoulders. 

As outsiders we can only speculate. I agree that probably the insiders are hearing what they want to hear. It's like a traffic accident. You may have 4 different witnesses who all saw the same accident but may have a different perspective because they each saw the accident from a different vantage point.

Who knows how JF has handled his recruitment. So far, I haven't seen any reports that he is playing anybody (like Joiner did before KN just gave up trying to predict where he would land). It is still odd that so many different teams are so confident - not sure I have seen anything like this before in my 5 years of really following recruiting.   

Archived