2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

33 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Sabans last two losses to AU were when we had an effective QB.   Stidham will prove that out IMO,. Saban does not want to see us with 5 to 6 years of high end elite QB play.   

Agree completely 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Sabans last two losses to AU were when we had an effective QB.   Stidham will prove that out IMO,. Saban does not want to see us with 5 to 6 years of high end elite QB play.   

Oh but he will....He...will

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Put me in the camp of not liking him visiting in Tuskaloser. I see not one thing good that can come of it, and as @AidiAU said above, why even go to a school you know you won't be attending? It makes zero sense when he could be visiting somewhere else and meeting others who might be his future team mates. :thumbsdown:

Maybe he has already decided where he wants to go and is going to Ttown to recruit some of those 4 & 5* guys to his chosen school.

Recruit who looks to be committing to uat goes to AU to visit: "He's coming to recruit for uat and steal our class!!"

Recruit who looks to be committing to AU goes to uat to visit: "He's going to get talked out of going to AU!!"

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Recruit who looks to be committing to uat goes to AU to visit: "He's coming to recruit for uat and steal our class!!"

Recruit who looks to be committing to AU goes to uat to visit: "He's going to get talked out of going to AU!!"

Unfortunately, many people tend to take a negative view on things. I quess someone could have said: 

He is going to to UAT to recruit for us.  and

He is tight with AU like all kids are.

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

This is fact and how Saban works and is thinking. Saban is arrogant enough to send recruits to AU to recruit for them and Def doesn't want JF at AU and will do whatever to make that happen.

16 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

^This!!!

#truth

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Put me in the camp of not liking him visiting in Tuskaloser. I see not one thing good that can come of it, and as @AidiAU said above, why even go to a school you know you won't be attending? It makes zero sense when he could be visiting somewhere else and meeting others who might be his future team mates. :thumbsdown:

Like Saban or not if I were a highly rated kid I'd at least go hear what he had to say. Not a great thing but isn't the end of the world. AU is still in great shape here. Real great shape. 

Why would a recruit not take every visit possible even if they had an idea where they were going ? Enjoy this experience as much as possible .

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would a recruit not take every visit possible even if they had an idea where they were going ? Enjoy this experience as much as possible .

Exactly hell back in the day when you could go to as many schools as you wanted to we went to schools that had zero chance......girls, food and other free goodies from everyone one of them why not go.....

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because some coaches don't allow it for most of their commits. If they do then they risk losing their spot. Clemson has that policy although I'm sure it does not completely apply for the elite prospects.

Just now, ellitor said:

Because some coaches don't allow it for most of their commits. If they do then they risk losing their spot. Clemson has that policy although I'm sure it does not completely apply for the elite prospects.

exactly remember when deon cain and ray ray mccloud visited us one of the last few weekends before signing day a couple of years ago? I wish it applied to elite recruits! lol they would of been ours.

frickin Dcraig...................

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

lol lets see where the chips fall. 

If it ain't Auburn I much rather it be FSU than thuga! My Kirby hate proceeds every other hate I have besides bama lol.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If it ain't Auburn I much rather it be FSU than thuga! My Kirby hate proceeds every other hate I have besides bama lol.

And I agree....................

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

They also risk losing the elite recruits if there is a perceived notion of limitation to the recruiting process. This goes back to pushing for commitments by indirectly threatening them. Elite recruits will always get pub from schools around the nation. It would be foolish of them to not take every recruiting visit possible. AU has lost recruits in this manner and I am sure they have flipped and gained recruits as well. JF should take every visit necessary to find the right school and hope he does. If a program cannot understand why a person in his position would need to do that, then maybe they aren't the right fit for him.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Agree but I hate FSU pretty solidly too.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Agree but I hate FSU pretty solidly too.

Sadly I agree with this as well. 2013 did that.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

They also risk losing the elite recruits if there is a perceived notion of limitation to the recruiting process. This goes back to pushing for commitments by indirectly threatening them. Elite recruits will always get pub from schools around the nation. It would be foolish of them to not take every recruiting visit possible. 

That's why I noted the elite recruit exception.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Sadly I agree with this as well. 2013 did that.

Y'all know what. I dislike FSU & Clemson so much that I actually prefer Miami of the 3...YIKES!!!

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's why I noted the elite recruit exception.

Understandable, but this is a thread about an elite recruit, No? Maybe I should've clarified in my original statement as it pertains to JF and why it doesn't make sense for people to be baffled by his actions. This scenario isn't common for "non-elite" recruits.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Y'all know what. I dislike FSU & Clemson so much that I actually prefer Miami of the 3...YIKES!!!

YES!!! but richt being there makes me like them a whole heck of a lot less than before. I still have nightmares of richt owning us! lol

Archived