2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

42 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I wouldn't even root for them then...If it happens it happens 

I tell myself that I'm rooting against the other team and not for the turds. But if a turd win is what's best for the kids who actually play football for Auburn, then you're damned right that's the result I'm hoping for. 

It did happen at some point in this era... 2006 or 2007, maybe?... when we needed LSU to lose to them to get to Atlanta. I remember a fairly one sided debate on here about it. Most people hoped LSU would win even though it would keep us from competing for an SEC championship. I'll never get that. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I tell myself that I'm rooting against the other team and not for the turds. But if a turd win is what's best for the kids who actually play football for Auburn, then you're damned right that's the result I'm hoping for. 

It did happen at some point in this era... 2006 or 2007, maybe?... when we needed LSU to lose to them to get to Atlanta. I remember a fairly one sided debate on here about it. Most people hoped LSU would win even though it would keep us from competing for an SEC championship. I'll never get that. 

I'm with you buddy!! 100%

If it helps us, and our players, IDGAD what happens with them. That is them!!

I care about the boys who suit up for AU each week. The ones who risk life, and limb for AU.

Guys like Jeremiah Dinson!! That kid has my respect from now until the freaking cows come home!! Even if they don't, I will dance at that boys wedding!!!

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

FSU fans absolutely disgust me, but man I'd love if Alabama started off getting decimated and 0-1. Their fanbase would erupt. 

Either way, the Fields sweepstakes seems to be between FSU and UGA with us in a reasonable distant third. Those two have a sophomore QB and we have a guy that could likely be outta here if he performs to expectations. It seems like if Fields is to have it his way, he'd commit within the the next couple months. FSU and UGA have it harder than us in that time span 

We are not a distant 3rd. AU is in drivers seat what we will do with it remains to be seen. FSU has closed the gap. Like I have said had we had success offensively these past 2 years he would already be committed.

I don't think the FSU v Turds outcome will have any impact personally. It's never quite that simple and clear cut. It's a UGA/FSU battle to me and while the good guys certainly have a chance, I think our odds are longer. Still staying with my Fields to UGA prediction. 

No reason to worry.  Bama will destroy FSU on in Atlanta.  It'll be like 80 percent bammer fans there and FSU's defense is shaky at best.  Bama will beat them 31-13.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

No reason to worry.  Bama will destroy FSU on in Atlanta.  It'll be like 80 percent bammer fans there and FSU's defense is shaky at best.  Bama will beat them 31-13.

I would not bet against that. FSU OL has a lot to prove and starting against bammer is not a good way to get settled on the OL

I have no quandary here. I will pull for FSU to drub bamr. Cause whatever good will FSU gains with Fields,  if they win, will be negated after our beloved Auburn Tigers stomp the 'number 2' out of Clemson.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I would not bet against that. FSU OL has a lot to prove and starting against bammer is not a good way to get settled on the OL

No Cook, unproven OL, QB that got lit up all year last year, shaky defense.  That's never a good situation for a team going against a bammer team with a month to prepare.   I just think bammers O will be just ok early in the season therefore I think Saban plays it conservative.  

Either way... We gettin Fields. :homer:

Just now, corchjay said:

No Cook, unproven OL, QB that got lit up all year last year, shaky defense.  That's never a good situation for a team going against a bammer team with a month to prepare.   I just think bammers O will be just ok early in the season therefore I think Saban plays it conservative.  

AS of today yes

3 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I have no quandary here. I will pull for FSU to drub bamr. Cause whatever good will FSU gains with Fields,  if they win, will be negated after our beloved Auburn Tigers stomp the 'number 2' out of Clemson.

That's what I am talking about!   I think we will make a much bigger splash with media and prospects by beating Clemson in Clemson than bama playing a shakey FSU squad.

Isn't Clemson the last team to beat the turds?   Oh yeah.....I almost forgot.:wareagle: 

The mere fact that some are wanting FSU to struggle against spuat in the hopes that it might make Fields pick us is sad and embarrassing.  Given the way our offense has been coordinated in 2015 and 2016 and our QBs have been developed since Gus has been our OC and HC, then Fields has every right to be cautious when it comes to us.

wde

23 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Given the way our offense has been coordinated in 2015 and 2016 and our QBs have been developed since Gus has been our OC and HC, then Fields has every right to be cautious when it comes to us.

wde

It's a new day on the plains brother!  Chip Lindsey has all those concerns addressed.     

Auburn might just be darn near untouchable in 2017.  Go buy some tapes and get ready to record the season...well, clear the DVR, you know what I mean!    Pass the Kool Aid back to me.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Won't matter that they don't have Cook when they got Akers and the crew. The o-line is still something to question maybe

Do I want Justin Fields? Yes! But I never pull for the Terds. I also do not think it really will effect JF decision. As long as we score a lot of points and have a lot of passing yards I am trusting the insiders here saying we will get Fields.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:06 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Getting Fields would obviously be great. I'm no expert or insider, but I think the threat of JS leaving after 1 year are way exaggerated. The kid had all of 3-4 starts under his belt. Even with an awesome year, NFL execs are going to want to see more than 15 or 16 starts before they commit millions of dollars. Cam Newton is an obvious exception, but you can count on one hand the number of QBs in the league with less than 2 years of game experience. 

I seriously doubt that JS will be a one and done player for us. I see him bringing some stability at the QB position that we have not had in a good while. I think Gatewood and Willis will be the QBs of the future. This position has been the missing link to having double digit win seasons. I think a 10-2 season is very doable and could be even better.

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

It's a new day on the plains brother!  Chip Lindsey has all those concerns addressed.     

Auburn might just be darn near untouchable in 2017.  Go buy some tapes and get ready to record the season...well, clear the DVR, you know what I mean!    Pass the Kool Aid back to me.

I so hope this is right.

FSU V. Bama will have less to do with JF's decision, than our result v. Clemson. 

He may really be considering uga, but it will be silly on his part. They don't have an OL built for RPO, nor do they have any QB's currently who can run such an Offense. 

Exactly what are they going to show him? We all watched Eason last year. He can't outrun me, much less an SEC pass rusher. 

UGA is the in-state and fam pick, IMO he's doing what he needs to do if he ends up going somewhere else. UA/FSU and AU/CU won't play much factor in decision based on W-L, both top 15 matchups, he's looking for improvement and utilization in the O.

VIP but I still wanted to share the title regardless!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Useful little title you got there!

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pretty impressive how he is investing in a process that he won't receive much if any benefit from.

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Useful little title you got there!

I just hope our favorite friend of the site Marcello does not yell at me and twitter skull drag me hahahaha :[

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just hope our favorite friend of the site Marcello does not yell at me and twitter skull drag me hahahaha :[

He might eat you also. That's what I'd be most worried about IMHO. 

Archived