2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@triangletiger Please include article link even when summarizing an article.

Added link to the podcast.  Someone (you?) has also added a link to the 247 article covering the same information. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like there is a lot of emphasis on the ability to develop the QB. I know CCL is supposed to be a great QB coach but does his coaching, especially within our offense,  prepare a QB adequately for the next level?

On 8/23/2017 at 9:32 AM, aucanucktiger said:

I hope Justin looks closely into the Jimbo-QB-DEVELOPER hype. IMHO from a percentage point of view he's historically a very average developer of QBs. Yeah I read the Orlando Sentinal's 2015 Jimbo worship article that read like local sports media love for new Bucs QB Winston (Jimbo's QB resume highlight) and an extrapolation of QBs "coached" to NFL draftees - whether they stuck or not. Whether he "developed" Dameyunne Craig, Jamarcus Russell, Matt Flynn & EJ Manuel is very debatable. He's also getting credit for guys he barely touched like Christian Ponder.

College coaches aren't responsible for pro development though. They are responsible for college development and getting players draft opportunities. What a player does in the pros is up to him & his pro coaches. Jimbo is hands down one of the best college QB developers in the nation. And FTR there is no coach at the college level who has.a good % of QBs developed well in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Sorry, I didn't get it from an article.  It was on the SEC Recruiting Buzz podcast with Kip (Adams) and Keith (Niebuhr) on the War Eagle Sports Radio app.  It was just what I recalled from listening to it.  I'll see if I can find a link to put in there. 

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sounds like there is a lot of emphasis on the ability to develop the QB. I know CCL is supposed to be a great QB coach but does his coaching, especially within our offense,  prepare a QB adequately for the next level?

TBH no college QB coach or developer truly does. The best they can do is develop them well for the college game & get them opportunities to be drafted.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

College coaches aren't responsible for pro development though. They are responsible for college development and getting players draft opportunities. What a player does in the pros is up to him & his pro coaches. Jimbo is hands down one of the best college QB developers in the nation. And FTR the is no coach at the college level who has.a good % of QBs developed well in the NFL.

Along those lines, Justin Fields' dad mentioned something in the interview about NFL QBs coming from all over (he mentioned North Dakota and South Dakota), so the NFL doesn't really care so much where you played college ball and who coached you as they do about what kind of potential you have.  One of the top projected QBs for the upcoming draft (Josh Allen) is playing at Wyoming.  

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

TBH no college QB coach or developer truly does. The best they can do is develop them well for the college game & get them opportunities to be drafted.

I'd say I agree with you. Eventually the NFL is going to have to adapt to the players college gives them rather than trying to force old ways.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We need Francois to look very discombobulated against Bama. 

Isn't Francois just a sophomore? that's got to help us with the playing time aspect

8 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Isn't Francois just a sophomore? that's got to help us with the playing time aspect

He can leave for NFL after this season he was redshirted. As long as we show what we are very capable of doing on offense we will get JF. JS will amd has the ability to light up defenses this fall. We have all the pieces in place all we have to do is execute. 

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We need Francois to look very discombobulated against Bama. 

FSU weakness is the OL. Not a very good weakness to have against bama. I expect DF to spend alot of time running for his life. Bama will beat FSU by 7-10 and it won't be as close as the score indicated imo.

22 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

FSU weakness is the OL. Not a very good weakness to have against bama. I expect DF to spend alot of time running for his life. Bama will beat FSU by 7-10 and it won't be as close as the score indicated imo.

And we want FSU to look chaotic.   I am pulling for a 3-2 (yes this is the score) kinda game....FSU gets the 3.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

FSU's OL was not great last year either. Francois had to run for his life a ton. Kid is tough though. He got hit an unbelievable number of times and he never wanted out of the game. He kept fighting. I watched several of their big games last year and I almost felt sorry for the kid.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:26 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

FSU's OL was not great last year either. Francois had to run for his life a ton. Kid is tough though. He got hit an unbelievable number of times and he never wanted out of the game. He kept fighting. I watched several of their big games last year and I almost felt sorry for the kid.

So, better chance of getting CTE at FSU?  Someone needs to point that out.

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Is his game vs Rome over already? Saw he was going off. Rome is the state champs.

All kinds of highlights in the twitterverse...  He leaped over a would be tackler in one clip.  

11 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

All kinds of highlights in the twitterverse...  He leaped over a would be tackler in one clip.  

Yeah I been checking em out....One man show.

After watching Trevor Lawrence and Joey Gatewood last night, I have got to see Justin in live game action. If he is better than Lawrence , I want to see him play. Will someone please post when one of his games is going to be on TV. Thanks

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

After watching Trevor Lawrence and Joey Gatewood last night, I have got to see Justin in live game action. If he is better than Lawrence , I want to see him play. Will someone please post when one of his games is going to be on TV. Thanks

I am not sure we will see a better performance than what Lawrence showed last night,.  Maybe not even from him.   He was pretty much perfect last night.  

6 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I am not sure we will see a better performance than what Lawrence showed last night,.  Maybe not even from him.   He was pretty much perfect last night.  

Honestly, I don't know how Lawrence lost the number one spot. No slight to JF but he was FLAWLESS last night. He will make Clemson a NC contender for as long as he is there. 

I dunno about that. I was at the game and he threw at least 4 jump balls, especially the one deep ball down the sideline. Without those he would've been 14-22. Other than that he looked good though.

4 hours ago, AUMikeP said:

I dunno about that. I was at the game and he threw at least 4 jump balls, especially the one deep ball down the sideline. Without those he would've been 14-22. Other than that he looked good though.

Bartram Trail's secondary was horrible too. But T-Lawrence was straight cash. 

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bartram Trail's secondary was horrible too. But T-Lawrence was straight cash. 

IMG_0690.GIF

12 hours ago, jared52 said:

Honestly, I don't know how Lawrence lost the number one spot. No slight to JF but he was FLAWLESS last night. He will make Clemson a NC contender for as long as he is there. 

Lawrence has a cannon and is one of the most accurate QBs I have ever seen. They better protect him though. He's thin as paper in his upper body. 

Archived