2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting developments today with the other 2 schools losing the starting QB to injury.  Georgia freshman shows he is the real deal and could get the game experience.  If Francois is out a while, he likely returns again next season. How does this affect the scale?  I know is having a good year will be the largest factor, but just curious. 

50 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Interesting developments today with the other 2 schools losing the starting QB to injury.  Georgia freshman shows he is the real deal and could get the game experience.  If Francois is out a while, he likely returns again next season. How does this affect the scale?  I know is having a good year will be the largest factor, but just curious. 

I would guess that Georgia's situation hurts them. He really only ever sites family for why they are still in the mix, and if their freshman establishes himself as the man, that really hurts his shot at playing early, or even in year 2 there. FSU is another story. Francois had a cap game today and then got hurt. That could actually make them look good as it makes him vulnerable even if he stays around. Auburn has to show out, next week, or we could start becoming an after thought. Under 200 yards against an out classed team won't cut it.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would guess that Georgia's situation hurts them. He really only ever sites family for why they are still in the mix, and if their freshman establishes himself as the man, that really hurts his shot at playing early, or even in year 2 there. FSU is another story. Francois had a cap game today and then got hurt. That could actually make them look good as it makes him vulnerable even if he stays around. Auburn has to show out, next week, or we could start becoming an after thought. Under 200 yards against an out classed team won't cut it.

Good thoughts.  

What is a "cap game?"  Crap game?   I won't watch a bama game...makes my BP rise, doctors orders; I get the hives and then I have to see my therapist.   And I don't like them to boot.  

If you meant "crap game," doesn't that help us?  If Francois takes a step backwards, maybe J Fisher isn't this QB whisperer as noted.   I think by week 4, JF will have seen enough of the 3 programs to make a decision.  He prob won't announce, but I suspect he makes a decision by week 5.

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Good thoughts.  

What is a "cap game?"  Crap game?   I won't watch a bama game...makes my BP rise, doctors orders; I get the hives and then I have to see my therapist.   And I don't like them to boot.  

If you meant "crap game," doesn't that help us?  If Francois takes a step backwards, maybe J Fisher isn't this QB whisperer as noted.   I think by week 4, JF will have seen enough of the 3 programs to make a decision.  He prob won't announce, but I suspect he makes a decision by week 5.

Sorry, my tablet  thinks "crap " is inappropriate, so it always replaces it and sometimes I forget to fix it.

Anyway, I'm not ready to pass judgement, since he's breaking in new receivers, but I found it disappointing that he seemed to blame every incompletion on them. I doubt it will reflect badly on Fisher unless he comes back 100% and has a down year against ACC opponents. After all, FSU doesn't get their reputation  from running the SEC gauntlet.

17 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Good thoughts.  

I tend to agree with you. I hope Stidham and the rest of the offense has its act together next Saturday at Clemson

After seeing Francois get popped with dirty intentions many times last night, and after watching Francois get injured against Bama, I'm sure Fields is going to ironically play for FSU just so he doesn't have to play Alabama every year.

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Sorry, my tablet  thinks "crap " is inappropriate, so it always replaces it and sometimes I forget to fix it.

Anyway, I'm not ready to pass judgement, since he's breaking in new receivers, but I found it disappointing that he seemed to blame every incompletion on them. I doubt it will reflect badly on Fisher unless he comes back 100% and has a down year against ACC opponents. After all, FSU doesn't get their reputation  from running the SEC gauntlet.

FSU offensive performance last night did not help them at all. The Field's were at the game. We are fine. We don't have to have Stidham blow the roof off, we juse have to show the willingness to throw more and not be the read option team that other teams are telling them we are. 

People also need to remember that was JS 1st game in 2 years. He was rusty. Should have had another TD and over 200 yards. Slayton dropped TD and Sal had drop along with Slayton on 2 more passes. The interception was his bad throw of the game.

Another point about JF that should be pointed out was us not playing Malik last night. Basically u have a true freshman now starting at UGA and DF hurt at FSU after a terrible performance. The plan all along was to redshirt Malik unless we have to play him. SW and his issues that I hope he now gets resolved could prevent that though.  

Every talking head assessing Francois always talks about how tough he is and how much of a beating he took last year because of his O-line.  Last night did nothing to change that trend.  Georgia currently has two quarterbacks they believe are all world but it is Fields' home school and is much more pro style offense.  Ours is not and we've not developed QB's.  If we're going to get him it's on Chip.

31 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

People also need to remember that was JS 1st game in 2 years. He was rusty. Should have had another TD and over 200 yards. Slayton dropped TD and Sal had drop along with Slayton on 2 more passes. The interception was his bad throw of the game.

I don't think anyone is blaming Stidham. The play calling was not conducive to a QB highlight reel. I'm sure next week will be more agressive. That being said, he's going to need to pull the trigger when he gets the opportunity.

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't think anyone is blaming Stidham. The play calling was not conducive to a QB highlight reel. I'm sure next week will be more agressive. That being said, he's going to need to pull the trigger when he gets the opportunity.

He Def needs to pull trigger. He had some open wr on a few plays he was a little gun shy. That is to be expected though. The throws to Slayton and Hastings both should have been tds but DS dropped one were things of beauty. His numbers should have been alot better his wr Corp let hin down. We were missing our most talented wr though. The play calling was vanilla last night and we were never going to open up the playbook for this game.  What were Fromm stats at UGA? Even if the were great he is a true freshman. I expeCT to see alot of new wrinkles we have been working on all offseason this Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He Def needs to pull trigger. He had some open wr on a few plays he was a little gun shy. That is to be expected though. The throws to Slayton and Hastings both should have been tds but DS dropped one were things of beauty. His numbers should have been alot better his wr Corp let hin down. We were missing our most talented wr though. The play calling was vanilla last night and we were never going to open up the playbook for this game.  What were Fromm stats at UGA? Even if the were great he is a true freshman. I expeCT to see alot of new wrinkles we have been working on all offseason this Saturday. 

I'm not going to slam Slayton too bad for that drop. The defender grabbed his right arm just before the ball got there. That can't make a catch in stride easy. He also go screwed on a great effort catch later in the game.

Just rewatched the game and James was really poor in the first half in pass pro. I think that hurt Stidham as much as anything. He made some nice throws on the rollouts, and later when he had a little more time in the pocket. I think he’s going to be OK if AU can pass block at the RT position. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not going to slam Slayton too bad for that drop. The defender grabbed his right arm just before the ball got there. That can't make a catch in stride easy. He also go screwed on a great effort catch later in the game.

That's a catch Slayton has to make. He makes it in practice regularly. It was an absolute perfect throw and he had the defender beat. He also can't fumble the ball like he did on a drive late in the game. Slayton is a very good WR though. 

As for JF I would say we showed him more yesterday than the other 2 teams. I was at the game and did not see most of FSU game but saw the stats. I didon't see any of the UGA game but I am assuming they were using the same offense as last year. The better Fromm looks the more it hurts UGA IMO. We would have had much better stats in the passing game if nit for drops, turnovers, and JS being a little gun shy at times which is completely expected on his first game in 2 years. The crossing and quick slant routes were great to see. Also JS showed he is not slow and teams will have to prepare for that.

He does flat out need to make that catch, but PI should have been called. He had to one hand it cause the defender was clamped down on his other arm.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

That's a catch Slayton has to make. He makes it in practice regularly. It was an absolute perfect throw and he had the defender beat. He also can't fumble the ball like he did on a drive late in the game. Slayton is a very good WR though. 

As for JF I would say we showed him more yesterday than the other 2 teams. I was at the game and did not see most of FSU game but saw the stats. I didon't see any of the UGA game but I am assuming they were using the same offense as last year. The better Fromm looks the more it hurts UGA IMO. We would have had much better stats in the passing game if nit for drops, turnovers, and JS being a little gun shy at times which is completely expected on his first game in 2 years. The crossing and quick slant routes were great to see. Also JS showed he is not slow and teams will have to prepare for that.

I agree on Slayton.   We heard how the WR's were getting better fighting for the ball, and that is one he has to make going forward.  

Thinking the same on on UGA w/ Fromm and Eason.  JF will not see the field for at least 2 years at UGA.   With us  I think last night showed it was too early to say JS would be going pro after this yr, so JF could compete after 1 yr.   

43 minutes ago, lala said:

I agree on Slayton.   We heard how the WR's were getting better fighting for the ball, and that is one he has to make going forward.  

Thinking the same on on UGA w/ Fromm and Eason.  JF will not see the field for at least 2 years at UGA.   With us  I think last night showed it was too early to say JS would be going pro after this yr, so JF could compete after 1 yr.   

Slayton just made a couple of mistakes, but make no mistake kid is a very good wr. JS is only going to get better and if not for the drops and it he would have had a very good game. JS still played good for his first game in 2 years after only playing 5 games as a true freshman at baylor.

Back to JF we threw the ball down field and had over 500 yards in offense. There is nothing for him to not like. He is not basing his decision on how good JS plays but how are offense looks and executes. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Slayton just made a couple of mistakes, but make no mistake kid is a very good wr. JS is only going to get better and if not for the drops and it he would have had a very good game. JS still played good for his first game in 2 years after only playing 5 games as a true freshman at baylor.

Back to JF we threw the ball down field and had over 500 yards in offense. There is nothing for him to not like. He is not basing his decision on how good JS plays but how are offense looks and executes. 

JS had a lot of zip and spin on his passes. His throwing looked effortless. I'm still very encouraged and if 23 is spot on as usual, his play will definitely have Auburn in it wi JF to the end. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

JS had a lot of zip and spin on his passes. His throwing looked effortless. I'm still very encouraged and if 23 is spot on as usual, his play will definitely have Auburn in it wi JF to the end. 

I absolutely Agree that JS has some snap  on the ball.   Been a few years since we've had someone that can zip it like that.   Not a bad thing to wait a yr to play, these guys wouldn't have the patience to wait 2 IMO. 

I have never seen someone as the QB at Auburn who has the arm talent AND accuracy consistently that Stidham displayed last night. Almost all his deep passes were on the money. I loved that. Just dropped it in the bucket.

Archived