2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Francois being out should help us as itt means he will be back for sure next year. Also two years in a row the FSU O-Line allowed a mobile QB to get hammerred. I think that will hurt them.  Georgia is hard to say. The freshman looked good so you can expect at least 1-2 more years for him that could impact JF decision but the other side is  whether he believes JS is one and done or will return for another year. Plus Malik and Joey in the wings. Also our RT was beaten to easily on Saturday..  I love Braden at guard but I would not be surprised to see James and Braden switch positions against Clemson.

Botton line is I think Saturday helped us with JF and FSU but is probably a wash with Georgia. We really need to open the Offense up against Clemson. Especially more 1st down passes and quick hitting passes.

Really? I'd say it hurt us. We didn't do anything like we told JF AU would do. I'd say that UGA really helped themselves. FSU has been 3rd in the running. I'd say FSU is trending down with JF also. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really? I'd say it hurt us. We didn't do anything like we told JF AU would do. I'd say that UGA really helped themselves. FSU has been 3rd in the running. I'd say FSU is trending down with JF also. 

You are correct on it helping Georgia because we were so vanilla. Clemson game has the potential to change that. I think it is a wash as having a freshmen step up and play so well means that it would possibly affect JF's ability to displace the starting QB at Georgia who is only a freshman. 

I believe the Clemson game will be deciding factor we remain vanilla and JS is good but not great I think JF goes to Georgia if we open it up and JS is great we move up.  Right now I would estimate 60-40 Georgia a great game against Clemson should at least move us to 50-50. Still have home state team and sister to overcome.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nope & nope. Recruiting reporters including from UGA & FSU are saying their QB injuries helped AU. In fact Fields straight up said a couple weeks ago that if Fromm became QB1 this season it would hurt UGA with him. He doesn't want to go to a place where the QB 1 class ahead of him is the already established starter.

Just now, ellitor said:

Nope & nope. Recruiting reporters including from UGA & FSU are saying their QB injuries helped AU. In fact Fields straight up said a couple weeks ago that if Fromm became QB1 this season it would hurt UGA with him. He doesn't want to go to a place where the QB 1 class ahead of him is the already established starter.

The same reporters who said AU is a distant 3rd? AU comes out and looks like a high school offense like they did last Saturday, AU will be the real distant 3rd. Also could be a couple more teams get in the Fields sweepstakes. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The same reporters who said AU is a distant 3rd? AU comes out and looks like a high school offense like they did last Saturday, AU will be the real distant 3rd. Also could be a couple more teams get in the Fields sweepstakes. 

They haven't said AU is a distant 3rd in a bit. You are overreacting for the time being. It wasn't sharp by no means but the O did not look like a high school O. I agree that if we use the same vanilla stuff going forward then yes that will hurt us with Fields but using that gameplan versus a school we were going to beat regardless of the game plan likely did not have a negative effect on Justin for AU. With the injuries at UGA & FSU it was likely a net positive for the time being.

And yes LSU is trying to make a push since they will have an open competition going into 2018.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They haven't said AU is a distant 3rd in a bit. You are overreacting for the time being. It wasn't sharp by no means but the O did not look like a high school O. I agree that if we use the same vanilla stuff going forward then yes that will hurt us with Fields but using that gameplan versus a school we were going to beat regardless of the game plan likely did not have a negative effect on Justin for AU. With the injuries at UGA & FSU it was likely a net positive for the time being.

And yes LSU is trying to make a push since they will have an open competition going into 2018.

LSU with a QB like JF would be a SCARY combination. QB is the one position which has held them down all of these years. 

23 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

LSU with a QB like JF would be a SCARY combination. QB is the one position which has held them down all of these years. 

Agree.  The same can be said for AU as well though.  We will be scary with great QB play...

The silver lining to all of this is we already have a stud in JG coming in. It would be a good addition to have JF for sure. Nothing to be losing our heads over though.

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

The silver lining to all of this is we already have a stud in JG coming in. It would be a good addition to have JF for sure. Nothing to be losing our heads over though.

Not necessarily. Despite what is being reported if we get Justin the chances of holding Joey goes down a good bit. Joey wants to be a QB only (justifiably so) and I don't think he will be ok being 1 of 2 QBs in the same year again from what I'm gathering.

Just a week or two ago, it was an FSU-UGA-AU battle. Now LSU is in, and there's a new article about how JF and Saban are talking a lot. My guess is we are heading for some serious drama. I'm with @DAG on this one. We know we have JS, MW, and JG and I'm quite certain we'll be fine. WDE! ?

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Better show Chip's O this weekend. 

As you so accurately noted elsewhere, there is no Chip's offense. It's Gus's offense lock, stock and barrel. Chip, Steele, NO assistant will run anything without Gus's approval and input. That's why Gus gets the big bucks.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Better show Chip's O this weekend. 

Agreed. Just a few changes in the passing game with some crossing routes.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As you so accurately noted elsewhere, there is no Chip's offense. It's Gus's offense lock, stock and barrel. Chip, Steele, NO assistant will run anything without Gus's approval and input. That's why Gus gets the big bucks.

And why he gets criticized when his lock, stock and barrel fails. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Despite what is being reported if we get Justin the chances of holding Joey goes down a good bit. Joey wants to be a QB only (justifiably so) and I don't think he will be ok being 1 of 2 QBs in the same year again from what I'm gathering.

Well I can't blame him for that . My point was if we didn't get JF it will be okay because we already have JG. If we got JF and JG decided to go somewhere else I imagine most would be fine with that too. As long as we got 1 of the 2. Of course , I find it interesting that this is the case when , it has been known that we are recruiting JF and JG seemed to be okay with competition. Of course , this could be revisionist history but I thought I saw a quote about it this summer from him. Nevertheless, it is very important that the coaching staff be as open to him about this whole ordeal.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well I can't blame him for that . My pint was if we didn't get JF it will be okay because we already have JG. If we got JF and JG decided to go somewhere else I imagine most would be fine with that too. As long as we got 1 of the 2. Of course , I find it interesting that this is the case when , it has been known that we are recruiting JF and JG seemed to be okay with competition. Of course , this could be revisionist history but I thought I saw a quote about it this summer from him. Nevertheless, it is very important that the coaching staff be as open to him about this whole ordeal.

He's saying the right things publicly but he does not want to be in a 2 QB class. Given what his high school coach has been doing I don't blame him.

Just now, ellitor said:

He's saying the right things publicly but he does not want to be in a 2 QB class. Given what his high school coach has been doing I don't blame him.

I agree . It's a very delicate situation. I personally would stick with JG if it was up to me , which is a 180 from my previous thinking 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree . It's a very delicate situation. I personally would stick with JG if it was up to me , which is a 180 from my previous thinking 

Curious to why the thought process changed for you?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Agreed. I want Justin but I see so much Cam type potential in Joey that I don't want to lose it.

Elena_cant_choose.gif

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm with you. There's a lot to be said for the loyalty and commitment JG has shown. My opinion is not worth much in these situations, but I feel like JG has the 'it' factor. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Curious to why the thought process changed for you?

1. He has bought into our system from the get go . That says a lot about him and will play dividends in his growth 

2). He is still an incredible athlete and I can already see his progression as a QB. Imagine his maximal potential with the appropriate coaching 

3). JF has already decommitted from one school. All signs seems to point he will commit somewhere this fall. I don't necessarily know if I believe that . He has been very business like with his approach and I can respect it , but something about this whole ordeal just doesn't sit right with me. Of course he is an amazing player at the high school level . I am sure any school will be lucky to have him . But it is a stark contrast to JG. I think you need to take all of this into consideration . 

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

1. He has bought into our system from the get go . That says a lot about him and will play dividends in his growth 

2). He is still an incredible athlete and I can already see his progression as a QB. Imagine his maximal potential with the appropriate coaching 

3). JF has already decommitted from one school. All signs seems to point he will commit somewhere this fall. I don't necessarily know if I believe that . He has been very business like with his approach and I can respect it , but something about this whole ordeal just doesn't sit right with me. Of course he is an amazing player at the high school level . I am sure any school will be lucky to have him . But it is a stark contrast to JG. I think you need to take all of this into consideration . 

mrw-someone-says-ill-never-be-as-good-as

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

but something about this whole ordeal just doesn't sit right with me. Of course he is an amazing player at the high school level . I am sure any school will be lucky to have him . But it is a stark contrast to JG. I think you need to take all of this into consideration . 

I don't have scientific proof to back this up, but it sure seems like the true legends of college football generally have more low key recruiting experiences. I obviously believe a kid should do their homework and explore all options, but there comes a time when it seems the journey becomes less about gathering insight and more about look at me. JG has handled his recruitment the way I seem to remember Carl Lawson handling his. Carl was obviously looking for a great situation for him, but with a focus on being a great teammate for a high level team. I get that vibe from JG as well. One thing is for sure, having the options we have right now are "first  world problems." WDE! ?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

mrw-someone-says-ill-never-be-as-good-as

And I can respect the fans who would rather have JF. He is the best prospect at his position. 

I would he happy with either, I would prefer both but if it came down to one or the other I might go to JG even though JF is a better QB at this time. For me this comes down to a gut decision and I can totally understand somebody with the opposite view. The athletic talent of JG reminds me of both CAM and Marshall and when you add in his loyalty to Auburn and his work ethic I think we would come up smelling likes Roses with JG.

Archived