2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

There's a new article about ESPN making Justin Fields the new #1 recruit in America plus the journey to that ranking & we are talking about Coach Bowl Cut & the name of his cookout?...

NXywd.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

did his sister receive an offer from us?

Nope. Softball is different than the sports we are used to. They often commit 2 or 3 years before their SR year & when they do their recruitment is over. Also we have #2 class for 2018 in Softball. Not even sure Clint would want her.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Softball is different than the sports we are used to. They often commit 2 or 3 years before their SR year & when they do their recruitment is over. Also we have #2 class for 2018 in Softball. Not even sure Clint would want her.

Have you seen her?  She would fit right in!!   Her grip on the ball as she throws to 1st is, is, well it's tremendous.  And the way she catches fly balls with 2 hands - I think she is a 'take'.

No, don't run with any of that...I know nothing about softball and just enough about football to be a fan.  I had the same question last month.   

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

Any word how Justin's toss around in J-H went today with his WR recruit buddy Jackson?

He's flying back from a QB camp in Cali right now. He's not expected at AU til this evening.

22 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Any word how Justin's toss around in J-H went today with his WR recruit buddy Jackson?

Fields will be here tonight and Jackson will arrive tomorrow for the throw around along with Matthew hill

10 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

Fields will be here tonight and Jackson will arrive tomorrow for the throw around along with Matthew hill

You could be right but what I've seen is Kearis is expected to be at AU today around 5. That would be a real short 1 day trip with the total travel time being 4 hours round way from Fort Valley to AU & back.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You could be right but what I've seen is Kearis is expected to be at AU today around 5. That would be a real short 1 day trip with the total travel time being 4 hours round way from Fort Valley to AU & back.

well I heard Kearis wouldnt be staying overnight so i assumed he would arrive tomorrow morning

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Does this mean she can not be recruited? If it means getting a commit from JF,you would think Clint's mind could be changed.

16 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Does this mean she can not be recruited? If it means getting a commit from JF,you would think Clint's mind could be changed.

She can be recruited but Clint ain't going to be asked to pursue a player he does not want, nor should he be.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Clint ain't going to be asked to pursue a player he does not want

He generates zero revenue, and he couldn't accommodate the sister of supposedly (if all of y'all are right about how good he is) the most important football recruit since probably Bo Jackson?  C'mon man are you kidding me?

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

He generates zero revenue, and he couldn't accommodate the sister of supposedly (if all of y'all are right about how good he is) the most important football recruit since probably Bo Jackson?  C'mon man are you kidding me?

1) Offering the sister would not guarantee her coming here.

2) Fields is a major recruit, but pump the brakes on most important since Bo. A better comparison might be Carnell Williams, if you want to ignore Stidham and Newton since they were not signed as freshmen.

3) If you start micromanaging to the point of telling one sport's coach to offer a recruit so that recruit's sibling MIGHT be persuaded to come, you're going to start losing big time coaches, because they don't tend to like being told what to do.

4) We are, by all accounts, in great shape with Fields, regardless of where his sister goes. Remember, he was committed to Penn State at one time, so Mom obviously can handle the two of them being at different schools.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

1) Offering the sister would not guarantee her coming here.

Obviously, if that's the case, it isn't done.  Has to be a guarantee, kind of like a Dodge Charger, house sitting job, job at university, fishing trip,  new suits on demand, not falling up the stairs and bleeding to death, etc.  And I didn't say he was the most important recruit in the recent history of Auburn, that is from some connected peeps.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Obviously, if that's the case, it isn't done.  Has to be a guarantee, kind of like a Dodge Charger, house sitting job, job at university, fishing trip,  new suits on demand, not falling up the stairs and bleeding to death, etc.

I pointed it out first because it's the most obvious point. Sorry you failed to notice that. 

And I didn't say he was the most important recruit in the recent history of Auburn, that is from some connected peeps.

So you didn't say this?

he couldn't accommodate the sister of supposedly (if all of y'all are right about how good he is) the most important football recruit since probably Bo Jackson?

Funny, because it's right up there above my comment that you did. Huh, I must be getting delusional or something.

Look, I get that you don't like being told you're wrong, but you pushed the limit a pretty good ways, yourself. Just because you don't respect softball since it doesn't generate revenue doesn't mean you get to belittle it without someone speaking up. I'm sorry if you can't understand that, but it's the way things work.

Lol at the last couple posts

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Clint loves Auburn, but his first priority is the reason he's employed here: Softball. He does everything he can to win here and offering an important FOOTBALL recruit's sister two years too late doesn't help anyone. 

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Zero revenue? 4th highest grossing sport on campus behind Football, men's basketball, and baseball. 

We're in fine shape with Justin and it's been gone over many times already that softball recruiting isn't like football recruiting. These girls shut down their recruitment by sophomore year of high school. Move on. 

33 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

No I'm not. That would be completely disrespectful to Clint, his program, & the girls he's coaching.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

And they haven't committed by now WTheck

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

And they haven't committed by now WTheck

Damn! I didn't know a4e could hack accounts.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Damn! I didn't know a4e could hack accounts.

Lord, it's the devil would you look at him. See if you can figure it out 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

She can be recruited but Clint ain't going to be asked to pursue a player he does not want, nor should he be.

He may want her and just don't know it yet.Just kidding,but I don't have a problem if he did offer her, if it would help get JF.After all that's what family does,it helps each other out in a time of need,am I right.

Archived