2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there also. Getting more confident by the minute. Actually met JF for first time 2nite. Kid is very mature also and seems like a college senior rather than high school with the way he presents himself. I stand by my statement top recruit for us in this millennium.  Cam is the best, but this kid is special trust me and will be ready to take over should Stidham leave next year.

22 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

should Stidham leave next year.

Heard JS is thinking about staying here longer than people thought no matter how good the season goes.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I was there also. Getting more confident by the minute. Actually met JF for first time 2nite. Kid is very mature also and seems like a college senior rather than high school with the way he presents himself. I stand by my statement top recruit for us in this millennium.  Cam is the best, but this kid is special trust me and will be ready to take over should Stidham leave next year.

I posted a link a couple of months ago to an interview with Fields.  He is nothing like the typical recruit, based on just that interview.  I don't know him, but he seems to have his ducks in order and understands selecting a school is not just fun and games.  His parents have done well.

Just now, ellitor said:

Heard JS is thinking about staying here longer than people thought no matter how good the season hoes.

Hearing same but wouldn't like this out there atm. However if he is a first round pick he is gone. He loves Auburn but you can't pass up 1st round if your dream is to play in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Heard JS is thinking about staying here longer than people thought no matter how good the season hoes.

That's what I keep trying to tell everyone. 

I will put it this way with JS if he is as good as I expect and avoids injuries and leads us to where I think he will... He will be gone to the NFL. He does love Auburn though. You can't trust anything these kids say before season though especially if they love everything about the place like Auburn and Stidham does. That's why I didn't put much stock in being told that although I have heard it.

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I posted a link a couple of months ago to an interview with Fields.  He is nothing like the typical recruit, based on just that interview.  I don't know him, but he seems to have his ducks in order and understands selecting a school is not just fun and games.  His parents have done well.

Like I said I have now met him one time but came away very impressed.

9 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Hearing same but wouldn't like this out there atm.

Well it's on other AU sites.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well it's on other AU sites.

Oh yeah I figured students who talk to him would post that.  Like I said I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says now though.  Cam was telling people very late in the year in 2010 he would definitely be back.  He then found out he would likely be the number one pick so how could he possibly have turned that down.

16 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I will put it this way with JS if he is as good as I expect and avoids injuries and leads us to where I think he will... He will be gone to the NFL. He does love Auburn though. You can't trust anything these kids say before season though especially if they love everything about the place like Auburn and Stidham does. That's why I didn't put much stock in being told that although I have heard it.

I just think the odds are way higher that he stays. It gets me that everyone is already worried about him leaving after this year. He needs to have one hell of a year for that to happen in my opinion. 

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

I just think the odds are way higher that he stays. It gets me that everyone is already worried about him leaving after this year. He needs to have one hell of a year for that to happen in my opinion. 

I am not worried.  If he leaves that means we had a very good season and he played up to expectations.  We will be fine either way :).

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

I am not worried.  If he leaves that means we had a very good season and he played up to expectations.  We will be fine either way :).

Honestly, I think sometimes I'm just jealous of other universities. Why can't we have a QB that starts as a freshman and succeeds? A QB that starts multiple years would be relieving for once. Maybe Fields can be that guy after Stidham. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

What's his frame like? I didn't get a legit perspective and haven't actually researched him outside of highlights 

it was just cool as hell to be here for a completely different reason and happen to see the guy who could be the future (because Gatewood certainly won't stay committed if we get him) 

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What's his frame like? I didn't get a legit perspective and haven't actually researched him outside of highlights 

it was just cool as hell to be here for a completely different reason and happen to see the guy who could be the future (because Gatewood certainly won't stay committed if we get him) 

Build I would describe as looking like a senior in college frame wise.  He is around 6 3 maybe a little taller by my judgement and I assume he will grow some more. He is not Cam Newton Jeremy Johnson size wise, but like I have made and seen other people make before reminds me a lot of Deshaun Watson. Deshaun wasn't his size as a senior in high school though.  I remember seeing Deshaun and he was skinnier and not as well built I guess you could put it. He could play linebacker if he wasn't the best qb prospect in a long time judging by his frame  That's the best I can do description wise.  He really impressed me.  I genually believe he is one of the qbs that could come in and start day 1 and win a lot of games.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Like I said I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says now though.  Cam was telling people very late in the year in 2010 he would definitely be back.

Good point.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

(because Gatewood certainly won't stay committed if we get him) 

Not sure sure on this. Can't remember if 23 has chimed in on it but some other AU sources thinks he stays committed.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure sure on this. Can't remember if 23 has chimed in on it but some other AU sources thinks he stays committed.

Well if Stid comes back and we get Fields. Stid/Fields/Willis/Gatewood. That would honestly be the best qb rotation I've ever seen. Gatewood is pretty set and determined to be a really good qb. I wonder how willing he is to change positions though, with how much he loves auburn already I would imagine he would have the attitude of JF3 in going wherever to stay and make an impact.

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

So who was he throwing too? How was his attitude? Was he giddy around everyone or laid back and reserved?

7 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

He (Fields) could play linebacker............  That's the best I can do description wise.  He really impressed me.

Now you're TALKIN'!

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

It'd be pretty cool to have both here and just have the best one win, but that seems to rarely happen in today's game

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Well if Stid comes back and we get Fields. Stid/Fields/Willis/Gatewood. That would honestly be the best qb rotation I've ever seen. Gatewood is pretty set and determined to be a really good qb. I wonder how willing he is to change positions though, with how much he loves auburn already I would imagine he would have the attitude of JF3 in going wherever to stay and make an impact.

Yea, and next year add Nix to the mix. WOW!

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yea, and next year add Nix to the mix. WOW!

If we get him yes that would be great.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes I believe he stays committed unless bama comes calling. I could maybe see UF also.

Archived