2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

As outsiders we can only speculate. I agree that probably the insiders are hearing what they want to hear. It's like a traffic accident. You may have 4 different witnesses who all saw the same accident but may have a different perspective because they each saw the accident from a different vantage point.

Who knows how JF has handled his recruitment. So far, I haven't seen any reports that he is playing anybody (like Joiner did before KN just gave up trying to predict where he would land). It is still odd that so many different teams are so confident - not sure I have seen anything like this before in my 5 years of really following recruiting.   

Are the teams confident or are the writers of the websites confident? Pretty sure it's the latter. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Are the teams confident or are the writers of the websites confident? Pretty sure it's the latter. 

At least from UGA perspective, I have heard several reports that the coaches themselves are pretty confident, which is why they are holding off on Corral.

Both georgia and Auburn are really confident. Hope we are the ones not getting played. Rusty from 247 georgia site is really confident. BUT he is always confident usually. Hope this is another time he is wrong.  I Hope AU and monday can get him back on campus for the cookout this weekend.

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Both georgia and Auburn are really confident. Hope we are the ones not getting played. Rusty from 247 georgia site is really confident. BUT he is always confident usually. Hope this is another time he is wrong.  I Hope AU and monday can get him back on campus for the cookout this weekend.

I'm not sure where to post this, but is there a thread that shares who is expected to be in attendance this weekend? 

Justin Fields is NOT the Evans family!!!!

They are not purposely playing anyone.  Trust what 23, E, and WDE are saying. Until they say something different, we have no reason to think anything other than we are leading. And what I'm hearing from those guys is that the confidence is growing. They think we have a pretty big lead. ?

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Justin Fields is NOT the Evans family!!!!

They are not purposely playing anyone.  Trust what 23, E, and WDE are saying. Until they say something different, we have no reason to think anything other than we are leading. And what I'm hearing from those guys is that the confidence is growing. They think we have a pretty big lead. ?

lol saying both sides are really confident does not imply one is calling someone alan evans.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol saying both sides are really confident does not imply one is calling someone alan evans.

I believe that statement was in response to my post. I didnt intend to imply that. My bigger point was simply that its really odd to see so many teams so confident in their ability to land a recruit.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I believe that statement was in response to my post. I didnt intend to imply that. My bigger point was simply that its really odd to see so many teams so confident in their ability to land a recruit.

We are not getting played. Cam is and has been more involved than people think. Nothing illegally obviously. JF would have to be lying to his idol to anyone that thinks he is playing us. 

46 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We are not getting played. Cam is and has been more involved than people think. Nothing illegally obviously. JF would have to be lying to his idol to anyone that thinks he is playing us. 

It is weird that both teams are this confident. Like yah we have seen over and over a team was cautiously optimistic but both schools legit think he is going to commit to them.

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. Pretty sure AU's staff is confident & FSU's staff is confident that we lead.

8 hours ago, thaitopher said:

which is why they are holding off on Corral.

He's still visiting there next week. If he wants in it would be hard for them to not accept him.

6 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I'm not sure where to post this, but is there a thread that shares who is expected to be in attendance this weekend? 

No. Nothing has come out yet on who is visiting, not before today at least.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is weird that both teams are this confident. Like yah we have seen over and over a team was cautiously optimistic but both schools legit think he is going to commit to them.

Can't think of an AU example right now but the glaring example in my mind was Landon Collins in Louisiana. Both Bama & LSU were boastfully confident til the second he picked Bama. The road team won that one. Hopefully the road team wins here too.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can't think of an AU example right now but the glaring example in my mind was Landon Collins in Louisiana. Both Bama & LSU were boastfully confident til the second he picked Bama. The road team won that one. Hopefully the road team wins here too.

In terms of proximity I believe UGA would technically be the road team also 

12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

In terms of proximity I believe UGA would technically be the road team also 

Talking purely state wise my friend. There's a lot more pressure around him to pick UGA than AU.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

knock on wood and amen to that E!!!

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep. Pretty sure AU's staff is confident & FSU's staff is confident that we lead.

This is correct FSU staff feels we have a pretty big lead actually. Also correct our staff is confident. UGA is doing everything and anything to get him. He wants AU or FSU if it was completely up to him without pressure etc. There is alot of confidence coming from UGA but I think that's just because family. If we were the state school like UGA and the pressure was for him to come here it would be over already. His parents get pressure he gets pressure I am sure his sister is getting pressure. Like I said though he wants AU with prob FSU in 2nd in his mind. Parents like AU also especially dad who is the one we need to impress the most. I believe UGA takes Corral soon and concedes JF then we have FSU to hold off I feel very confident we will.

Sorry @thaitopher and @GwillMac6  

I didn't mean to imply anyone was calling him an Evans. (But in fairness I did use all caps and exclamation points in my post, so I can see how one might draw that conclusion).  And I wasn't directing my response to anyone in particular. 

My point was for us to relax knowing that our sources (and FSU's sources for that matter) have very good reason to be confident.  I haven't seen anything to merit uga's confidence nearly as much. I was using the Evans family as an extreme example where all of our insiders were wrong because the family intentionally misled us. It's the only time I can ever remember all of our insiders being wrong. So unless something extreme like that takes place, I put more stock in our guys than anyone else. 

Just my thoughts fwiw. 

This kid is a needle mover . He commits . Watch the skill guys follow . Players like this can recruit as good as the coaches . he will secure a top ten class for AU 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This kid is a needle mover . He commits . Watch the skill guys follow . Players like this can recruit as good as the coaches . he will secure a top ten class for AU 

Well the needle better move to some top quality OL also, he is gonna need some beef up front to protect. 

Ok.....FSU says we lead.  Our coaches are confident and feel we may lead.  UGA coaches are confident and have some selling points.

If he is going to the Kirby Que, how am I to interpret that?

He chose their event b/c he wants to see if they can match the Auburn vibe?  he didn't need to come to Auburn b/c he has mentally chosen AU and UGA won't pester him if he is at their event?  

???  Or maybe he is doing a family thing and taking sis?  

If we lead somehow, I would hate for him to get close with the dogs during a social.    

???   Corral visits them soon, right?

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Ok.....FSU says we lead.  Our coaches are confident and feel we may lead.  UGA coaches are confident and have some selling points.

If he is going to the Kirby Que, how am I to interpret that?

He chose their event b/c he wants to see if they can match the Auburn vibe?  he didn't need to come to Auburn b/c he has mentally chosen AU and UGA won't pester him if he is at their event?  

???  Or maybe he is doing a family thing and taking sis?  

If we lead somehow, I would hate for him to get close with the dogs during a social.    

???   Corral visits them soon, right?

I think the UGA event was last weekend so yes, he did go. But @ellitor said AU knew about that.

12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This is correct FSU staff feels we have a pretty big lead actually. Also correct our staff is confident. UGA is doing everything and anything to get him. He wants AU or FSU if it was completely up to him without pressure etc. There is alot of confidence coming from UGA but I think that's just because family. If we were the state school like UGA and the pressure was for him to come here it would be over already. His parents get pressure he gets pressure I am sure his sister is getting pressure. Like I said though he wants AU with prob FSU in 2nd in his mind. Parents like AU also especially dad who is the one we need to impress the most. I believe UGA takes Corral soon and concedes JF then we have FSU to hold off I feel very confident we will.

This. 

Archived