2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

I don't know what day our BBQ is vs UAt, but I did hear this am on the radio that the coaches for UAt are expecting Fields to be at their BBQ this Fri.  Now I am not sure if that is the same day as ours or if it is even the right day for UAt, but he was very confident that Fields would be at the UAt cookout.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I don't know what day our BBQ is vs UAt, but I did hear this am on the radio that the coaches for UAt are expecting Fields to be at their BBQ this Fri.  Now I am not sure if that is the same day as ours or if it is even the right day for UAt, but he was very confident that Fields would be at the UAt cookout.

Ours is Saturday & yes he's going to theirs.

Yeah I just can't see him signing with the turds after all the time Cam has put in with him. I actually feel better about him going to uat than I would if he were making a return trip to GA or FSU. Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, amsterjam said:

Yeah I just can't see him signing with the turds after all the time Cam has put in with him. I actually feel better about him going to uat than I would if he were making a return trip to GA or FSU. Thoughts?

I get the same feeling as you do. 

I heard that he is only going for the Dreamland ribs. 

Next week he is meeting up with Casanova McKinzy at Chick-fil-A in Auburn to discuss the benefits of being part of the AU family. 

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I heard that he is only going for the Dreamland ribs. 

Next week he is meeting up with Casanova McKinzy at Chick-fil-A in Auburn to discuss the benefits of being part of the AU family. 

Is this before or after he goes to the Uat cookout and if after is there any possibility that he decides to stay for our cookout....wtf is up with all these damn cookouts 

25 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

....wtf is up with all these damn cookouts 

Also, who is paying for these top prospects and their families to wander around the nation every weekend? These aren't official visits, there is gas, motel bills, meals other than those hosted and so forth. The expense would break a normal middle-class family's back.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Also, who is paying for these top prospects and their families to wander around the nation every weekend? These aren't official visits, there is gas, motel bills, meals other than those hosted and so forth. The expense would break a normal middle-class family's back.

This is what we would call the grey area of recruiting.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The families of said player pay all the cost (wink wink) on unofficial visits.  

30 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The families of said player pay all the cost (wink wink) on unofficial visits.  

That's a BIG wink wink

On 7/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, amsterjam said:

JF is not going to bama and Saban knows this. Only reason I don't like this trip is it gives Saban and company a chance to negatively recruit against auburn. If I am Saban the one schoil I don't want to see JF go is AU. Kirby and his offense doesn't scare anybody and he would only see UGA n SEC title game, and he would only see JF in the playoffs at FSU. He faces JF every year if he comes to Auburn. Also Gus has proven how good our offense can be with a good qb and he is a great one. I know he is not expected to make our BBQ but it is not set in stone that he will not come Saturday and we are really trying. It would be great to get JF to come on Saturday and I think it would seal the deal. 

Agree, I bet Saban is going to say what great Coaches both Kirby and Jimbo are. He will talk about what a great job Jimbo does with QBs etc. All this just to keep him from going to Auburn.  I really hope we can convince JF to come to Au on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Samau said:

Agree, I bet Saban is going to say what great Coaches both Kirby and Jimbo are. He will talk about what a great job Jimbo does with QBs etc. All this just to keep him from going to Auburn.  I really hope we can convince JF to come to Au on Saturday.

I didn't mean that JF is not coming to Auburn if he doesnt make the trip Saturday. We are still leading and feeling very good. I just don't like this trip to bama when Saban knows he isn't getting JF. It is a given that Saban doesn't want him at Auburn and would prefer either of the other 2 prob UGA with old DC/Buddy Kirby there. I am sure Saban is so arrogant he is not worried about any qb UGA gets because they can't do anything with them. At FSU Saban has to deal with a Jimbo developed qb in the playoffs which he assumes he will make. If I had to guess I would say Saban wants JF at UGA. Obviously he would love to have him but that isn't happening and he knows it.

Going to UAT would be an unofficial visit so his family is "footing" the bill...What is the benefit to him (or any recruit) taking an unofficial to a school that's not at the top of their list? I would understand going to your top 3 or so, but if a school falls outside of that range why would you go there? 

If it's not super obvious, I'm not an expert in recruiting haha. 

On 7/18/2017 at 8:08 PM, amsterjam said:

Unfortunately Bama usually gets who they go after these days, especially if they push hard. In the case of JF, they will assuredly do some negative recruiting against us at a bare minimum. 

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I didn't mean that JF is not coming to Auburn if he doesnt make the trip Saturday. We are still leading and feeling very good. I just don't like this trip to bama when Saban knows he isn't getting JF. It is a given that Saban doesn't want him at Auburn and would prefer either of the other 2 prob UGA with old DC/Buddy Kirby there. I am sure Saban is so arrogant he is not worried about any qb UGA gets because they can't do anything with them. At FSU Saban has to deal with a Jimbo developed qb in the playoffs which he assumes he will make. If I had to guess I would say Saban wants JF at UGA. Obviously he would love to have him but that isn't happening and he knows it.

I hope you are right, but I fully expect JF to return from UAT raving about the prospect of playing for Tom Brady's Super Bowl winning OC. The Crimson Kool Aid trough will be full to the brim for his visit. 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope you are right, but I fully expect JF to return from UAT raving about the prospect of playing for Tom Brady's Super Bowl winning OC. The Crimson Kool Aid trough will be full to the brim for his visit. 

Daboll was the Tight Ends Coach with the Pats. Josh McDaniels  was the QB coach & OC

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He may drink from the kook aid but we just need to show him that he is a 3 time failed OC with Cleveland, Miami and Kansas City. With the Pats from 2000-2006 as a defensive assistant, WR coach and 2013-2016 as an assistant coach and a TE coach. So all his credentials with Brady and as the Pats OC is BS and Charlie Weiss was the OC 2000-2004 from and Josh Mcdaniels was the OC from 2006-2008 and again from 2012-2016.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DaboBr0.htm

He is posing as a OC and using the fact he KNOWS Tom Brady as a recruiting tool. We can totally debunk that. 

58 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don't think u were taking what I was saying correctly. This is just MY OPINION but I think Saban knows JF isn't coming to bama. He doesn't want him at Auburn though so i would bet he spends alot of the time talking down Auburn to JF. I'm sure if he feels he has a shot he will go all out to get JF, but there isn't a chance so he will talk down AU to JF etc. Saban and others know AU is leading and would you want JF at UGA, FSU, or at Auburn. He faces Auburn yearly and getting JF is a game changer.  He has a good relationship with Kirby very good actually and a good one with Jimbo so he could throw them a bone while hurting AU by talking us down. FWIW I don't think JF would go for it, but I don't like the idea of it happening. Like I said this is just my opinion.

I do know that Saban and company did not have good things to say to JF about us during his last visit. We have been dealing with negative recruiting for a couple of years now.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't think u were taking what I was saying correctly. This is just MY OPINION but I think Saban knows JF isn't coming to bama. He doesn't want him at Auburn though so i would bet he spends alot of the time talking down Auburn to JF. I'm sure if he feels he has a shot he will go all out to get JF, but there isn't a chance so he will talk down AU to JF etc. Saban and others know AU is leading and would you want JF at UGA, FSU, or at Auburn. He faces Auburn yearly and getting JF is a game changer.  He has a good relationship with Kirby very good actually and a good one with Jimbo so he could throw them a bone while hurting AU by talking us down. FWIW I don't think JF would go for it, but I don't like the idea of it happening. Like I said this is just my opinion.

JF is a different dude though,.  IMO,. The harder Saban tries to negative recruit against AU to him,. It will be further reason why he should come to AU.   If Saban negative recruits another school it means that school is a real threat.   So boom...

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

JF is a different dude though,.  IMO,. The harder Saban tries to negative recruit against AU to him,. It will be further reason why he should come to AU.   If Saban negative recruits another school it means that school is a real threat.   So boom...

I am not worried about this and as I said I don't think it will work. I just dont like the visit and I hope he decides to stop by AU Saturday.

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I am not worried about this and as I said I don't think it will work. I just dont like the visit and I hope he decides to stop by AU Saturday.

I hear ya and agree.   

Just now, The Plainsman said:

I hear ya and agree.   

I agree with you also it does show that Saban and others know we are coming!

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I agree with you also it does show that Saban and others know we are coming!

Sabans last two losses to AU were when we had an effective QB.   Stidham will prove that out IMO,. Saban does not want to see us with 5 to 6 years of high end elite QB play.   

Put me in the camp of not liking him visiting in Tuskaloser. I see not one thing good that can come of it, and as @AidiAU said above, why even go to a school you know you won't be attending? It makes zero sense when he could be visiting somewhere else and meeting others who might be his future team mates. :thumbsdown:

Archived