2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

59 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

QBs usually aren't the #1 recruit in the country and commit early because they want to secure their spot. Again, the #1 recruit in the country has the freedom to take his time, because no one is going to tell him they filled his spot. Also, Field is committed, which means he has a place if no one else convinces him to pull the trigger. You could be right, but I see him taking as much time as he wants to make sure he's making the best choice.  That would include taking the time to see Lindsey's offense in action.

Trevor Lawrence popped for clemson months ago. Qbs have been the number 1 player in the country before and there have been plenty that have been 5 stars. That is 1 position that always is wrapped up early for. Taking his time could just mean he will have a decision late summer. In this case I do hope he waits because our best recruiting pitch will be Stidham in the fall. I am glad florida is our biggest competition . We have had much better qb play than they have had the last few years.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a funny feeling about Fields.   I haven't read anything and don't know anyone 'in the know.'  Call it a hunch, but I think if he visits on the right weekend, we flip him.  

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Qbs usually commit early most of the time. If he waits till we have a great season then sure I agree but I think he will pop for someone sooner than that.

He plans to pop no later than July as of now. I thought about posting the same thing you did but since bg5 posted his good season part in parenthesis he was not including it as one of the factors that points Fields to us. He wasn't saying Fields was going to wait to see if we have a good season before he would commit to us. He included the good season part as a caveat that most of us know which is if we don't have a good season then all bets are off on Fields and many other things for that matter because of what a bad or even meh season may mean for the football program overall.

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That would include taking the time to see Lindsey's offense in action.

Not his plan at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I have a funny feeling about Fields.   I haven't read anything and don't know anyone 'in the know.'  Call it a hunch, but I think if he visits on the right weekend, we flip him.  

Well we are the team surging right now. If NSD was today I would say he picks UF but we are gaining ground in a hurry.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yes I think we take 2. One sure fire, you know what I mean, QB and one "athlete". 

As far as Gatewood. He says he is open o competition but I'm sure he wants to be the "guy". So he would be the "guy" at UF if AU gets Fields. Can't blame him.  And AU still could get both. But I don't think that happens. 

If this is the case I could live with fields . Can't blame Gatewood for wanting to be the guy, especially since he is already sharing reps in high school.

We seem to be in a good position as the #1 and #2 QBs are in Georgia  and UGA has the lead on number one and all of the heavy hitters in the region like bama, Clemson, fsu seem deep at the position. Kind of good luck or dumb luck.

We will have to fight off Florida but a good year puts us ahead.imo. 

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We seem to be in a good position as the #1 and #2 QBs are in Georgia  and UGA has the lead on number one and all of the heavy hitters in the region like bama, Clemson, fsu seem deep at the position. Kind of good luck or dumb luck.

The #1 QB is Georgia is committed to Clemson.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:01 AM, ellitor said:

The #1 QB is Georgia is committed to Clemson.

Ah...I got thrown off by a 247 article as well as the  247 crystal ball prediction.

32 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Although he's just a 1 and done, UF getting Malik Zaire might help us. .... :dunno:

Unlikely. Z will be gone before JF is eligible.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. Z will be gone before JF is eligible.

Yeah. I forgot Z is eligible right away. So much for the bright side

2 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

I'm sure Fields realizes Stidham appears to have NFL draft potential at the end of the year right? 

Yup!

Luke Stampini ranked JF #2 on Day 1 of the Elite 11 camp FWIW. Also Joey didn't make his top 11 but Luke said he was up & down but did more good than bad.

2. Justin Fields

Penn State commit Justin Fields looked fairly pedestrian working on the short to intermediate routes early in the camp. It’s not that the 6-foot-2, 220-pound prospect looked bad, he simply wasn’t separating from the pack really. When asked to drive the ball down the field, Fields separated from the pack quickly with dime after dime on fades and corner routes. While other quarterbacks struggled, Fields appeared to thrive stretching the field vertically.

According to the 247 "elite 11" free info on the web, JF was #2 day one (as you said) and #9 on day 2 (this was their opinion, not official). He will definitely be ranked in the final elite 11. Also here was another write-up about JF on day one from sbnation:

I might be the president of the Justin Fields fan club, having proclaimed in March that his upside was that of a "tall Russell Wilson." What's not to like? A sharp guy, big arm, mechanics that are better than you'd expect from someone who also plays a lot of baseball, and elite athleticism in a 6'3, 221-pound package. It's easy to see why programs like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and Florida State are not giving up on recruiting the Penn State commit from Atlanta.

here is the link

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/6/3/15735246/elite-11-finals-first-impressions-2018-quarterbacks

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

According to the 247 "elite 11" free info on the web, JF was #2 day one (as you said) and #9 on day 2. He will definitely be ranked in the final elite 11. Also here was another write-up about JF on day one from sbnation:

I might be the president of the Justin Fields fan club, having proclaimed in March that his upside was that of a "tall Russell Wilson." What's not to like? A sharp guy, big arm, mechanics that are better than you'd expect from someone who also plays a lot of baseball, and elite athleticism in a 6'3, 221-pound package. It's easy to see why programs like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and Florida State are not giving up on recruiting the Penn State commit from Atlanta.

Can you find the sbnation link? TIA

From everything I've read, Fields owns the #2 spot and the only reason he's not #1 is that Trevor Lawrence is basically Sean White with the height and strength that you want in a prototypical QB... and a bad haircut.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

From everything I've read, Fields owns the #2 spot and the only reason he's not #1 is that Trevor Lawrence is basically Sean White with the height and strength that you want in a prototypical QB... and a bad haircut.

Heyyyy. Don't talk about Sunshine like that...

Now we need the real scoop from the Elite 11... how did Joey and Blake get along and will Joey be recruiting another QB for us.

Archived