2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

57 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Crap...And we worried about F$U,UGA,and FL ?

Why would he go to ITT tech? Is he planning to sit out a year?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, why are there still crystal ball predictions for Florida? Have they just not got around to making another prediction, or are they waiting for more information? Felt like they would switch to at least foggy.

25 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

So, why are there still crystal ball predictions for Florida? Have they just not got around to making another prediction, or are they waiting for more information? Felt like they would switch to at least foggy.

A lot of pickers don't have enough interest to follow up with their picks. A lot of times picks are made early and forgotten by the pickers.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Is ITT Tech the school everyone worries about because of their "chop" blocking scheme?   (E- I am being sarcastic). 

You're thinking of ECPI.

I would really hate for us to miss out on JF but like many have said we still have a pretty good quarterback situation. But the other side of that coin really scares me. What if he goes to UGA and takes those other 8 prospects with him?

1 hour ago, mickeyspano said:

I would really hate for us to miss out on JF but like many have said we still have a pretty good quarterback situation. But the other side of that coin really scares me. What if he goes to UGA and takes those other 8 prospects with him?

I don't think 8 prospects go with him, maybe 2 or 3. The media is getting to me, though. Any more positive info for Auburn? 

My biggest concern is not losing JF.  It's losing any commit we have on the roster that wants to follow him or someone not committed (ala Justyn Ross perhaps).   

I still think J Stidham plays 2 yrs and if J Gatewood eats, sleeps and breathes football, we will be just fine.  

Personally, if we lose JF, I hope he goes to Free Shoes U so he isn't in the SEC.   (I hate those guys more than I hate UGA, but....)

I just heard Chip Lindsey had a new son born.  Congrats.   I think he went a little far in naming him "Justin" IMO.   

Just kidding.....however, 

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

I just heard Chip Lindsey had a new son born.  Congrats.   I think he went a little far in naming him "Justin" IMO.   

Just kidding.....however, 

Justin is a great name. 

Indeed.  If Justin Fields commits to Auburn, I will rename my son.  Heck, I may rename my daughter also.

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

Indeed.  If Justin Fields commits to Auburn, I will rename my son.  Heck, I may rename my daughter also.

lol that made me laugh

I have a strong feeling he's not going to commit to Auburn. Malzahn should have stayed on White from California.

The formula is hopefully showcase an offense JF can grow with and Auburn wins the games we're suppose to win.   All in due time, "it's like novacaine, give it time and it will work."

11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

The formula is hopefully showcase an offense JF can grow with and Auburn wins the games we're suppose to win.   All in due time, "it's like novacaine, give it time and it will work."

I hope we win some we are not supposed to.  Because as the books stand now I think we are underdogs in at least 3 games right now.  Of course I guess that all depends on who's opinion you are using to judge "supposed to win" from.  The bookies, pollsters, or fans.

We are in the best shape of anyone in the Justin Fields Sweepstakes. Not to sign him, but to be able to win without him.

1) Stidham will be here two years. Scouts will need more that 1-1/2 seasons before he gets the draft grade he deserves. He has told several players, and recruits he isn't leaving after one year.

2) Malik Willis has 4+ years left, and if early indications show anything, it's that his best QBing is ahead of him. Nobody knew who he was really, prior to late last fall when he took Roswell HS to State on his back. Both running, and passing. I like his future.

3) Joey Gatewood...enough said.          Actually I will say a few things. He has BARELY scratched the surface of his abilities, not unlike Willis. However, he is 2" taller, 20# heavier, and runs as well, if not better. Squats 520# easily, and is just a natural. Of the three mentioned, he may have the highest ceiling. (Yes, higher than Stidham) It just depends on how things unfold. He is the only one capable of playing at the next level at a second position, besides QB. He has been overlooked lately, and taken it all in stride! How can you not  LOVE this kid?!?!

Finally...

4) Bo Nix. Kid is a gamer. He can put a team on his back. He can run, throw on the run, or drop back and read the D. He knows the game. He is right there with Stidham IMO. If he grew 2", it would be ideal.

I agree, right now JF seems to have it all. I will be interested to see how Harrison's season unfolds. He is a 7 on 7 legend. He just needs to do it on the big stage. 

I am hoping Cam guides him towards the plains. We will see. Currently, it's AU, UGA, and FSU. All three feel good, but that's because I don't think JF has any idea himself. 

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

We are in the best shape of anyone in the Justin Fields Sweepstakes. Not to sign him, but to be able to win without him.

1) Stidham will be here two years. Scouts will need more that 1-1/2 seasons before he gets the draft grade he deserves. He has told several players, and recruits he isn't leaving after one year.

2) Malik Willis has 4+ years left, and if early indications show anything, it's that his best QBing is ahead of him. Nobody knew who he was really, prior to late last fall when he took Roswell HS to State on his back. Both running, and passing. I like his future.

3) Joey Gatewood...enough said.          Actually I will say a few things. He has BARELY scratched the surface of his abilities, not unlike Willis. However, he is 2" taller, 20# heavier, and runs as well, if not better. Squats 520# easily, and is just a natural. Of the three mentioned, he may have the highest ceiling. (Yes, higher than Stidham) It just depends on how things unfold. He is the only one capable of playing at the next level at a second position, besides QB. He has been overlooked lately, and taken it all in stride! How can you not  LOVE this kid?!?!

Finally...

4) Bo Nix. Kid is a gamer. He can put a team on his back. He can run, throw on the run, or drop back and read the D. He knows the game. He is right there with Stidham IMO. If he grew 2", it would be ideal.

I agree, right now JF seems to have it all. I will be interested to see how Harrison's season unfolds. He is a 7 on 7 legend. He just needs to do it on the big stage. 

I am hoping Cam guides him towards the plains. We will see. Currently, it's AU, UGA, and FSU. All three feel good, but that's because I don't think JF has any idea himself. 

Agree with you on the team's standing at qb but if (hopefully) the team wins the ship and Stid gets a 1st round projection he gone. Might not even have to win the ship for him to go.

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Agree with you on the team's standing at qb but if (hopefully) the team wins the ship and Stid gets a 1st round projection he gone. Might not even have to win the ship for him to go.

I don't think he leaves. JMO, of course. But there will be one or two guys ahead of him that are taller/bigger guys. He doesn't have a ton of QB experience at the college level. 

Also, unless we sign Fields, I HOPE he stays!

2 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I don't think he leaves. JMO, of course. But there will be one or two guys ahead of him that are taller/bigger guys. He doesn't have a ton of QB experience at the college level. 

Also, unless we sign Fields, I HOPE he stays!

I hope if he is what we think he is he stays too. Also I see that you're new, welcome to the board! You're gonna love it here especially when the season starts.

I concur: Auburn is building quality depth and two things about Stidham - 

compare his upper body to that of most NFL QBs: he needs some bulk to survive some hits.  Anyone mentoring him should make that clear.  He NEEDS 2 more years to get ready for NFL IMO, physically.   16 games in the NFL takes a toll on a weaker body.  Cam had a totally dif body.

Secondly, he seems to be enjoying Auburn and not acting like a hired gun or one and done.   

I am totally guessing, but I see him at Auburn for 2 yrs.  If true, JF has openly stated he isn't opposed to red shirting.  I think our situation fits nicely into what he has stated.  

Our qb depth will be insane in 2019. JF, Bo, Malik, Joey. I feel  better about getting JF than Bo at this time. FSU will put a full court press on Bo if/when JF signs with AU. Jimbo and Pat have history and Bo will be able to come in and play. JF would already be committed if we would have had an offense that was desirable in 2015 aND 2016. 

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Here is some saying we "should" only win 8 games. Well I hope it is more than that. 

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25811058/cfb-sportslines-season-win-projections-for-the-sec/?ttag=SL17_nl_247_auburn_0801

Archived